Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

The really POSITIVE news

What is making me most pleased is that where Roeder came in with a bang- having a great run but then faltering once his own decisions came into effect- Gunn is proving the opposite. He came in and the remnants of Roeder cast a shadow...but as the coaching team work their magic the reuslts are starting to come. Rome wasnt built in a day and they need a lot more time. But I reall do feel that the signs of health might be returning. Those who bleed green and yellow are now at the helm and their passion for the club is flowing into the players. If we can avoid the drop....then we could start a slow but steady rise up the table and challenge for the top in about three years!

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

What is making me most pleased is that where Roeder came in with a bang- having a great run but then faltering once his own decisions came into effect- Gunn is proving the opposite. He came in and the remnants of Roeder cast a shadow...but as the coaching team work their magic the reuslts are starting to come. Rome wasnt built in a day and they need a lot more time. But I reall do feel that the signs of health might be returning. Those who bleed green and yellow are now at the helm and their passion for the club is flowing into the players. If we can avoid the drop....then we could start a slow but steady rise up the table and challenge for the top in about three years!

[/quote]

Could be true, but we were saying the same about Roeder don''t forget (when we were actually worried he might leave the club...).

We''re still in huge trouble at the bottom, we''re by no means safe yet.

The thing with Gunn and it has been pointed out is that he treats this as a dream, any other manager who comes in will treat this as job and the chance to enhance his career. Still not too sure about him, but I like the way he has installed belief in the team and he can rely on Crook and Butterworth for more tactical advice.

It will prove very settling for the club if we stay up and Gunn remains and does reasonably well, to have a manager whom you know has no intent of ever leaving the club, reagrdless of how successful he is.

Obviously there is no guarantee, but it is a huge advantage if Gunn does well.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

It will prove very settling for the club if we stay up and Gunn remains and does reasonably well, to have a manager whom you know has no intent of ever leaving the club, reagrdless of how successful he is.

[/quote]

If he, and the rest of team Gunn keep us up, it would be unjust to appoint anyone else.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Wiz so your completly for Gunn if he keeps us up now?[/quote]

Yes mate, I said that a week ago, fairs fair and all that.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

If he, and the rest of team Gunn keep us up, it would be unjust to appoint anyone else.

[/quote]Maybe - but the post of manager may already have been allocated.... after all its hard to say how much influence Gunn, Crook and Butterworth have on the vaious aspects of being ''manager''...... the rumours of Bowen Crook & Butterworth grow stronger and have a great appeal.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow! I agree. Gunny will prove himself worthy of a longer stint if he keeps us up. So far he seems to have what it takes.

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Maybe - but the post of manager may already have been allocated.... after all its hard to say how much influence Gunn, Crook and Butterworth have on the vaious aspects of being ''manager''...... the rumours of Bowen Crook & Butterworth grow stronger and have a great appeal.
[/quote]

Maybe IBA, but if we stay up, the fans will rightly demand that Gunny stays on.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Wiz so your completly for Gunn if he keeps us up now?[/quote]

Yes mate, I said that a week ago, fairs fair and all that.

[/quote]

Cool. I still haven''t decided. I want safety this season first, then I will see. Remember, a lot of people have said that he is a cheap appointment...........

[quote user="one 4 the future"]At least we know where we stand with Gunny he aint out just to make a name for himself and inprove his c.v.[/quote]

Another plus is that if BG does turn out to be a decent Manager (and they all have to start somewhere) there is very little chance of him being poached by another club.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I''m slowly coming round to the idea of Gunny as manager but I''m not quite there yet.[/quote]That''s alright IncHy. No rush. You''ve got til Monday! [H]