Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

season from a binner viewpoint

Got a mail earlier from a binner friend (I know, he''s mostly ok though) and this is what he said....sound familiar?"at portman road this is the most miserable season i remember in a long

time - my inside contacts tell me that some players dread playing

at home!at one game i stood next to a fella who cheered

and chanted for 25 minutes and then said "ok i have cheered and chanted

for 25 minutes - we are 1-0 down - i have done my bit - you lot are

crap - especially the manager - magilton out and i am not renewing my

season ticket!" i mean what??? i am a fan because i am - not

because i expect to be entertained or expect any success ever again in

my lifetime - and when we go 1-0 down in an important game we cheer

more not less - awful awful mood on the terraces this season - people

have been wanting the manager out practically from the beginning of the

season - i mean i think he''s made a lot of mistakes but the moaning - i

can''t stand it!part of it is that we have had money for

signings but we do not seem to be going forward but too many people are

impatient and aggressive about it - there''s been really nasty arguments

between the fans - i will be back next season of course (and forever)

but it''s been no fun"Not quite sure whether to be amused or sad as it seems to be how fans everywhere are thinking....I''m not critizing people for moaning some of the time by the way, we''ve clearly been rubbish most of the season, just seems indicative of the way football is going. I''ll still go as often as possible though [:^)]

[quote user="SPat"]Got a mail earlier from a binner friend (I know, he''s mostly ok though) and this is what he said....sound familiar?

"at portman road this is the most miserable season i remember in a long time - my inside contacts tell me that some players dread playing at home!

at one game i stood next to a fella who cheered and chanted for 25 minutes and then said "ok i have cheered and chanted for 25 minutes - we are 1-0 down - i have done my bit - you lot are crap - especially the manager - magilton out and i am not renewing my season ticket!"

i mean what??? i am a fan because i am - not because i expect to be entertained or expect any success ever again in my lifetime - and when we go 1-0 down in an important game we cheer more not less - awful awful mood on the terraces this season - people have been wanting the manager out practically from the beginning of the season - i mean i think he''s made a lot of mistakes but the moaning - i can''t stand it!

part of it is that we have had money for signings but we do not seem to be going forward but too many people are impatient and aggressive about it - there''s been really nasty arguments between the fans - i will be back next season of course (and forever) but it''s been no fun"

Not quite sure whether to be amused or sad as it seems to be how fans everywhere are thinking....I''m not critizing people for moaning some of the time by the way, we''ve clearly been rubbish most of the season, just seems indicative of the way football is going. I''ll still go as often as possible though [:^)]
[/quote]ask most fans..they pay to be entertained(not 1st and formost) but its near the top of the list when you go to a game...along with the matchday buzz..a few beers b4 the game etc etc...as my pinkun name states im CITY-TILL-I-DIE but as fans we are sometimes fickle,have a moan and are happy when we win a few games....THATS FOOTBALL and thats why billions of people LOVE IT

Unfortunately I feel the same as your mate, since the Jarrold Stand was built and capacity increased I''ve witnessed far more moaning and whingeing than I ever used to pre the Jarrold, some people are quiet until a player makes a mistake and then seize the opportunity to immediately berate him for it, it then seems that''s the cue for constant moaning for the rest of the game, anyone will do! If Fozzy''s not playing, it''s Cureton, if he isn''t then it''s Doc or whover else takes their fancy.

Ps not that Fozzy or Curo haven''t deserved it on some occasions, but there''s never any praise for them when they do something right either! sorry rant over.

[quote user="SPat"]Got a mail earlier from a binner friend (I know, he''s mostly ok though) and this is what he said....sound familiar?

"at portman road this is the most miserable season i remember in a long time - my inside contacts tell me that some players dread playing at home!

at one game i stood next to a fella who cheered and chanted for 25 minutes and then said "ok i have cheered and chanted for 25 minutes - we are 1-0 down - i have done my bit - you lot are crap - especially the manager - magilton out and i am not renewing my season ticket!"

[/quote]

Your mate''s 25 minutes is nothing! FORTY SECONDS into our last home match, some old tw@t behind me in the Wensum Wing screamed "Sort it out City, this is rubbish" when a pass went astray for the first time! I swear that some of these people only come to the match to have a good whinge and moan - it''s pathetic. (I got myself into trouble with my teenaged daughter for standing up and telling the moaning git behind us what I thought of his negative attitude - oops!). 

Fact is you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Everyone sees the game from their own perspective and everyone is entitled to.

There is no right and no wrong.

Footy fans are the same everywhere (apart from glory seeking plastics obviously, they are a scourge and deserve our opprobrium)

Winning is all.

End of.