Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

if we stay up ..

who would want gunny to have the job..??

lets face it hes made less mistakes in the short time hes been in charge , i really do think this man could do a fantastic job .

I think ''''team Gunn'''' should get the jobs, it''s the knowledge of many and not one that have us back to winning ways.  The players like the ''team'' and feel they can express themselves which they never could under Grant or Roeder, I feel the players now enjoy playing under Gunn & Co and that makes a hell of a difference.

Happiness off the pitch = success on the pitch.

Anyone who witnessed our good performance at St Andrews which was dosed with team unity, desire, great attacking play with a more direct nature than we usually do, fresh players stepping into the breach seamlessly and good tactics would see that keeping Gunny, Butterworth and Crook on next season whatsoever happens this season would be the best way forward!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Anyone who witnessed our good performance at St Andrews which was dosed with team unity, desire, great attacking play with a more direct nature than we usually do, fresh players stepping into the breach seamlessly and good tactics would see that keeping Gunny, Butterworth and Crook on next season whatsoever happens this season would be the best way forward!

[/quote]

Agreed [Y]

The gang of four are doing very nicely in turning things around after the Roeder nightmare. They have shown enough already to deserve to be kept on whatever happens.

Quote from Mr Gunn:

"I decided to talk it over with the family including the risk that I was a City player who might be put down harshly if I failed as a Manager.  I said I didn''t care about that and they told me that I should go ahead and apply for the job.

"But I didn''t apply on a whim.  I''ve seen lots of things over the last couple of years which I thought might have been done differently and I wanted the chance to try to do things differently.  Lord knows whether it will work but, as I see it, Managers come with different things so why can''t I?

"It is true that I have never managed a team but I have managed a defence once or twice!  These days a Manager has to come as a package and so I made all the phone calls to see who I could get on board before I applied.  It was only when I had a yes from these people that I went ahead with it. 

"The world and his wife have asked me if I know what I am letting myself in for.  The answer is yes and I want to give it a go."

If we stay up the Board should give Uncle Fester the necessary funds to purchase the players that keep us in this Division.

odd how the wingers and whiners that kept telling us that doncaster had eaten all the money, delia had buried it under her bed blah blah blah are silent when the club comes up with money to bring in the loanees - whereas the poor old binners who seem to be on a sacking spree have twice failed to bolster their squad when they were on the verge of the playoffsyep, i know we have spectacularly faffed up but it looks like we are going to have great fun over the next few weeks whilst the scum are slowly watching their grubby little club slowly being dismantled

And how long before we go on a poor run and us fickle bunch start saying how he was the cheap option again and how the board are ruining the club?

[quote user="City1st"]odd how the wingers and whiners that kept telling us that doncaster had eaten all the money, delia had buried it under her bed blah blah blah are silent when the club comes up with money to bring in the loanees - whereas the poor old binners who seem to be on a sacking spree have twice failed to bolster their squad when they were on the verge of the playoffsyep, i know we have spectacularly faffed up but it looks like we are going to have great fun over the next few weeks whilst the scum are slowly watching their grubby little club slowly being dismantled[/quote]

What an utterly ridiculous post. You''re an idiot.

i dont go a bundle on delia ... i have alot of repsect for gunny though , i always have and the other boys crook butterwork .

if the board had any brains at the end of the season , keep theese lads and throw bowen in the mix .

Gunny is the man who is in the public picture and I have no doubt he is bringing a lot of his qualities to the post.

Couple that with the coaching acumen of Crook and Butterworth-I suspect the latter will go on to be a Manager in his own right sooner rather than later-and "Team NCFC" does seem to have a strong all round mix to it.

If we stay up is a very big "if" -I''d say we were stil lone of the three most likely teams to go down, despite the run we are on at the moment-then yes, they all need to be kept on, although, again, I think Butterworth and Crook play a much more important role than is maybe thought in all aspects of running the team, whilst Dixie seems to be the friendly Father figure in the background, offering a word here, a suggestion there.

Anyway-whatever happens, they will need some sort of backing in the Summer-if we stay up, to make sure that we never-ever have a season like this one again...and if we go down, to absolutely do everything to give us the best possible chance of going straight back up-as Leicester have done, Forest and Leeds, meanwhile, showing that if you don''t do it first time round, it gets ever more difficult.

Its a big Summer, no question.

same question again singing canary?  Started the same thing last week I recall?

Will you ask the same if we lose?

Not convinced yet,  why no fresh legs on when we were clearly suffering from several players being exhausted yesterday?