Sign in to follow this  
|BA

18,159 at Brum today

hate to say it...BUT..maybe it was a case of brum fans not being arsed to turn up and watch a struggling side like us?

[quote user="IBA"]What a joke. A city that size cant pull in 40,000?
[/quote]

it does, in case you haven''t noticed it also has 2 premiership teams and Wolverhampton round the corner

but yes 18k is poor

[quote user="nu_matik"]hate to say it...BUT..maybe it was a case of brum fans not being arsed to turn up and watch a struggling side like us?[/quote]

No they are only averaging 18500 at home this season.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="IBA"]What a joke. A city that size cant pull in 40,000?[/quote]

it does, in case you haven''t noticed it also has 2 premiership teams and Wolverhampton round the corner

[/quote]Thanks for pointing that out.........[:|]Manchester and Liverpool manage it - they''re considerably smaller. Typical Midlands

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="nu_matik"]hate to say it...BUT..maybe it was a case of brum fans not being arsed to turn up and watch a struggling side like us?[/quote]

[/quote]

Pathetic isn''t it ?

I remember Steve Bruce complaining about the poor support when we played them a couple of seasons ago. If they can''t do better than that with all those people in Britain''s second city then they don''t deserve to be up where they are.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="IBA"]What a joke. A city that size cant pull in 40,000?
[/quote]

but yes 18k is poor

[/quote]

Other than Villa, none of the teams in that area seem to draw very well, especially considering their positions in Coca Cola, or in the case of WBA, that they are in the Prem.

Shi+e fairweather supporters who only come out when things are going well!!!!

Trust me..........I KNOW ONE!!!!!!!

OTBC!

A very poor turnout considering their league position. Although after seeing them play, I can''t understand how they are in their position.

Ok granted there are several other bigish clubs around the West Midlands area, but the population of Birmingham is over 1 million, so that''s no excuse, it''s simply terrible support for a club like Birminghma to average less than 20,000 when they are chaseing promotion.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Pathetic isn''t it ?

I remember Steve Bruce complaining about the poor support when we played them a couple of seasons ago. If they can''t do better than that with all those people in Britain''s second city then they don''t deserve to be up where they are.

[/quote]

David Sullivan had a not so sly dig at their fans in the programme today. He says he wants 25k today but expected less than 20k. Embarrasing is not the word seeing as they didnt make a sound all match...

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]Ok granted there are several other bigish clubs around the West Midlands area, but the population of Birmingham is over 1 million, so that''s no excuse, it''s simply terrible support for a club like Birminghma to average less than 20,000 when they are chaseing promotion.[/quote]Yep Birmingham is the second most populated city after London, with over 2000 Norwich supporters at the game today, it shows less than 1600 Brum fans could be @rsed to turn up for a 2nd in the league team. If we were in that position, had a bigger stadium, hadn''t built that cr@p hotel in the corner we could probably double 1600

Birmingham have been down to 15000 so todays crowd boosted by our massive support levels was far from being their lowest crowd!

For a club based in Englands 2nd biggest city and a supposedly big club Birminghams support levels are not very good! 

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]Ok granted there are several other bigish clubs around the West Midlands area, but the population of Birmingham is over 1 million, so that''s no excuse, it''s simply terrible support for a club like Birminghma to average less than 20,000 when they are chaseing promotion.[/quote]Yep Birmingham is the second most populated city after London, with over 2000 Norwich supporters at the game today, it shows less than 1600 Brum fans could be @rsed to turn up for a 2nd in the league team. If we were in that position, had a bigger stadium, hadn''t built that cr@p hotel in the corner we could probably double 1600[/quote]1600? Man that''s bad for this league. [;)]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]Ok granted there are several other bigish clubs around the West Midlands area, but the population of Birmingham is over 1 million, so that''s no excuse, it''s simply terrible support for a club like Birminghma to average less than 20,000 when they are chaseing promotion.[/quote]Yep Birmingham is the second most populated city after London, with over 2000 Norwich supporters at the game today, it shows less than 1600 Brum fans could be @rsed to turn up for a 2nd in the league team. If we were in that position, had a bigger stadium, hadn''t built that cr@p hotel in the corner we could probably double 1600[/quote]1600? Man that''s bad for this league. [;)][/quote]Should have said 16000 which is still abysmal, perhaps they need at least 3 seats between each supporter so they don''t have to listen to each others accents

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]Ok granted there are several other bigish clubs around the West Midlands area, but the population of Birmingham is over 1 million, so that''s no excuse, it''s simply terrible support for a club like Birminghma to average less than 20,000 when they are chaseing promotion.[/quote]

Yep Birmingham is the second most populated city after London, with over 2000 Norwich supporters at the game today, it shows less than 1600 Brum fans could be @rsed to turn up for a 2nd in the league team. If we were in that position, had a bigger stadium, hadn''t built that cr@p hotel in the corner we could probably double 1600
[/quote]
1600? Man that''s bad for this league. [;)]
[/quote]

Should have said 16000 which is still abysmal, perhaps they need at least 3 seats between each supporter so they don''t have to listen to each others accents
[/quote]

Or they''ve had one too many pies [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]that is pi$$ poor for a team that is second....THAT SHOWS HOW GOOS NCFC SUPPORT IS AND THE BOARD SHOULD RESPECT THAT AND NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED

i agree, why can''t they give us cheap travel now and then - maybe the boss bloke could come out and tell us where the money goesit might help if they sorted out the ticket prices so people wanted to buy season tickets and build a bigger ground so that we aren''t squashed up together and have lots of space like the binners

I honestly thought of birmingham as a good club before today but that changed today. Their fans were just awful and going into such an important period they should be getting behind the team giving them vocal support instead of getting on their backs.

And well to be fair i think there is a very good reason that they get so few fans and that is because of the boring football they play. Today they were just so boring to watch vey defensive and just playing long balls and had vey few efforts on target. And speaking to a birmingham fan in the pub before the game i hear they generally play this boring style of football all the time. Looking at the programme we have scored more goals than them but they have a tight defence and dont concede many and looking at it basically all the games they have won this season were by 1 goal and the msot they have won by is 2 goals. They may be doing well but watching that sort of football is for me like watching paint dry and not the way to play.

I have to say diddnt realise they were such a dirty team but looking at it, it should be expected with the likes of Bowyer, Carr and Carsley in the team

I don''t usually like to run down other team''s support (especially during difficult financial times like now), but Birmingham are not new to this.  When they came to Carrow Road in 2007, they were top of the League and only brought a few hundred fans.  I can remember they had some fans complaining what a bad job Steve Bruce was doing, yet they got promoted!

Just wish that big crowds guaranteed big rewards.  We can dream eh?

BCFC have always struggled for fans. A Villa fan friend of mine has a theory that there is a great number of casual fans in Birmingham who go to whichever club is fashionable or in the Prem. Hence Villa''s impressive gates at present have been boosted by the exodus from St Andrews.

It did make me laugh yesterday when the stadium announcer asked them to really get behind the team and commented on how much noise they''d made, considering it was the schoolkids to our right doing the most effort!

On top of that, I noticed on Sky the other week when they went to Barnsley for a Tuesday game, they only took a couple of hundred.

It really was a soulless home support yesterday...It doesn''t help I suppose, when you totally p*ss your supporters off by advertising match tickets on the website at £18 only for those that turned up on the day asked to pay on the day asked for £25. Picked this up by listening to their version of Canary Call on BRMB radio travelling back from yesterday''s game...

We complain about our board but rather them than the profiteering sharks of Gold and Brady at the helm of our club....

[quote user="shyster"]Population wise, the midlands is huge in ethnic numbers that don''t attend football matches.[/quote]Aha, when we were getting some stick when we were on the coach someone on there pointed out "You''re not from Birmingham, you''re white!"