Sign in to follow this  
Gunnys Army

Crook,Culverhouse & Butterworth could be our new dream team

It''s just a hunch but I believe this could happen due to the fact that Gunn has only been given the managers job temporarily until the end of the season and he''s been keeping the position warm for his mate Crooky.

I feel Crook would not have come all the way over from Australia to only become a coach full time,so he has seemed to have been given the position of  overlooking all the playing squad while watching the games from the directors box alongside Delia! He seems to have been instrumental in bringing Leijer and Carney into our squad.

Leijer seems keen to impress here,enough so that he would rather play through the pain barrier here and not  play for Australia, as he wants to delay his operation until the end of the season. When he will have hopefully impressed enough to have earned a contract here for next season.

Carney will also now have his chance to impress the board, now that Hoolihan is out until the end of the season..

Culverhouse is at present the Assistant Manager of Colchester and I reckon he would jump at the chance of rejoining his pals from the the heady heights of our European days. He could quite possibly work as our new coach to replace Crooky.

financially would crook be getting more dollar as coach here as he would as manager in australia?

[quote user="nu_matik"]financially would crook be getting more dollar as coach here as he would as manager in australia?[/quote]

FFS we don''t know what wage he is on!

Only joking. There is no way that he would have uprooted for 6 months, its a long way.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="nu_matik"]financially would crook be getting more dollar as coach here as he would as manager in australia?[/quote]

FFS we don''t know what wage he is on!

Only joking. There is no way that he would have uprooted for 6 months, its a long way.

[/quote]

Totally agree CIB, same for Butters who jacked his job in too.

I''m not inclining that Gunn should not be given the job full time next season. Far from it,especially in the way he has seemed to have instilled an air of confidence in not only the playing squad but also among the backroom staff and us loyal supporters.

In my mind,if he keeps us up this year he will be forever known as a true legend. As not only as a player but as a manager who turned our fortunes round from the inexplicable mistakes which Roeder had made in only a year of his tenure.

You can see every player now fighting for the cause on the pitch while giving their all for the club because they now possess pride & passion in playing for our fan-tastic club.

What I think would be in the best interest of our club is to have stability from the top,( i.e the Board ) & the bottom, ( i.e  the Accademy set up )

This is where I believe Gunny will come to the fore as he use to work in the Sales & Marketing Department. I feel he would earn so much more respect from the fans than Doomcaster  does and therefore he should be given the position of the Chief Executive.

Gunny could then act on behalf of the board and look into the financial side of setting up a consultation of new directors to either work alongside the present board or if Delia truly has the best interest of the club at heart,like she is always saying. Then she is more likely to endure to Bryan and take on board what the great man has to say., rather than corresponding with any other Tom,Dick or Harry!!, with whom she could become reluctant to trust .

It seems like the board have great difficulty in coming up with any new ideas that even at the AGM they cry out to the audience and say "what should we do and where do we go looking for new investment,you tell us" This doesn''t sound like a board who are in control of the situation we are in at the present time. Not one of them has a real knowledge of football, like Gunny has and therefore I feel he would be the ideal candidate to take this club forward in a more prominant role behind the scenes, where he could  then stay at the club for life.  

[quote user="Gunnys Army"]

This is where I believe Gunny will come to the fore as he use to work in the Sales & Marketing Department. I feel he would earn so much more respect from the fans than Doomcaster  does and therefore he should be given the position of the Chief Executive.

Gunny could then act on behalf of the board and look into the financial side of setting up a consultation of new directors to either work alongside the present board or if Delia truly has the best interest of the club at heart,like she is always saying.

[/quote]Exactly what do you think a Chief Exec does? ...and what new directors?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

There is no way that he would have uprooted for 6 months, its a long way.

[/quote]

He hasn''t uprouted, his brother said in his radio Nofolk interview just before he arrived that his wife and kids were staying in Australia and he was coming down on his own.

Plus he arrived late Jan and will be home mid- May so its only just over 3 months away from home for him