Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD - Birmingham City v Norwich City

ONE TO WATCH
Cameron Jerome
Has found some confidence up front in the recent absence of Kevin Phillips. The veteran could be back in contention today, but Alex McLeish will find it hard to drop Jerome, a strong, six-foot striker who once interested former Norwich boss Nigel Worthington. Jerome recently ended a long run without a goal

KEY BATTLE
Franck Queudrue v Lee Croft
Queudrue is an experienced operator – he’s all left-foot, which makes him decent at set-pieces. Also has the occasional problem with lapses in discipline. Croft is non-stop at the moment, never giving defenders any peace. If he repeats his performance of last week against Plymouth he could leave Queudrue’s older legs for dead.

REFEREE
Mark Haywood (West Yorks)
Was at Carrow Road for the December home win over Charlton, when he booked scorer Leroy Lita. Has shown four red cards and 47 yellows in 31 games this season.

LAST TIME
October 17, 2006
Blues 0, City 1
A 66th-minute own goal by Matt Sadler – originally credited to City defender Jason Shackell – earned new boss Peter Grant victory in his first game in charge, and City’s first away win of the season.

LEAGUE FORM
Birmingham: L-W-W-D-W (10 points from 15)
Norwich: L-W-L-W-W (9 points from 15)

BETTING
Birmingham 4/7, Norwich 4/1,
Draw 5/2
First scorer
Birmingham: Jerome, O’Connor 4/1, Costly 5/1
City: Lee, Gow 9/1, Croft 20/1

Im looking forward to a very very fluky Norwich win.Brum to be all over us, Marshall to make 1 or 2 top draw saves.Lee to impose himeslf up front and no one to run into the box late from the midfield.Then our ever impressive Mr O.G to nick us the perfect 1-0 away win.OTBC

Team is

Marshall

Semmy - Shackell - Doc - Betrand

Gow - Clingan - Lappin - Carney

Mooney - Lee

Subs - Nelson - Drury - Cody - Smith - Ademini (spelling)

[quote user="JohnoBono"]Have a hunch it might be Carney on the right, Lappin on the left with Gow and Clinghan in the middle! [/quote]

That would make more sense [:)]

Afternoon all, hope all are well on this fine sunny day?

Let''s hope City can get something from this match, at the very least a draw, but a win would be very, very welcome. [:)]

Three young guns on the bench, should be intresting, Lappin in as well, hopefully he does well, and Carney and Gow can swing in those crosses for Lee and Mooney

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Let''s hope City can get something from this match, at the very least a draw, but a win would be very, very welcome. [:)]

[/quote]

Hiya to you too.[:)]

Yes its beautiful out here too, just about to take my radio, drink and paper outside so I can relax on the sun lounger and bite my nails.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Yes its beautiful out here too, just about to take my radio, drink and paper outside so I can relax on the sun lounger and bite my nails.

[/quote]

Lovely weather here in the east midlands, shame i have to spend the day in my room working

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh sounds ''''perfick'''' [:)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lovely weather here in the east midlands, shame i have to spend the day in my room working

[/quote]

Am stuck indoors too, still recovering from a cold and although the sun is out that breeze is still nippy [:)]

Lee missed sitter, Shacks scored but offside. Sounds like we''ve started lively [:)]

Enjoy the game everyone [:)]

CMON YOU YELLOWS

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Open goal six yards out and Lee puts it over the bar. Shame but hopefully he will make up for it later on :)[/quote]

Hopefully he has not come to Norwich to miss loads chances to send us down to do Ipswich a favour!

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Open goal six yards out and Lee puts it over the bar. Shame but hopefully he will make up for it later on :)[/quote]

Has anyone noticed that if Wizard decides to make any player his favourite a barn door seems to enter the equation?