Sign in to follow this  
spud down the road

McVeigh to start...

Why doesn''t he start? he adds something to the team when he''s playing.

Personally, I think he should be in the team from start to finish and controversially, I think he has done more to earn a place than Mr. Huckerby...

wot a great idea but we shud hav mcveigh on the right n huckerby on the left-ish i think then we will cause havic as mcveigh looks class out on the right n hucks is class on the left most of the time

come on city!!!!!

Unfortunately scum buster if both of them play then who will help eddy and drury defend...? that would be gary holt on both sides leaving the centre open for attacking midfielders to run into, thus, leaving fleming and charlton exposed. That makes my team:

Green

Eddy Fleming Charlton Drury

Mulryne Francis Holt

McVeigh

Mckenzie Hucks

As you can see, McVeigh is the man main, plus we could defend but still get enough forward to attack.

So far this season Macca has been mostly good coming off the bench (Saturday excepted) and nowhere near as effective when starting.  I can''t explain why, but it surely doesn''t inspire Worthy to start him!

McVeigh hardly got a touch on saturday.

To be fair to worthy McVeigh has been far worse when starting than when playing from his normal subs appearance, when he has had a positive impact. As a starter he has been anonymous at best and appeared far too lightweight, so it would be hard to call for him to have a start when other starters in that position have been more impressive - and I am a mcveigh fan.

OTBC

Ok, so we want McVeigh and Huckerby playing in attacking wing positions? The only solution here is to bring on WLY at half time and change the formation to 4-5-1.

Blackburn at times looked quite good and kept the width well which did lead to some breakaway opportunities. Other posts are saying that Safri should be playing as well, but accept that Holt will never be dropped. Holt did not look "on the ball" on saturday, but at the same time, is Worthy prepared to bring somebody on who cannot eat during the day so may not have the energy to last it? Jonson is the other option. He was on fire in the first half running up and down the Jarrold side, and its a shame he had to come off when he did - I would have kept him on until about 60 but told him to avoid the rash tackles.

I have said something similar in another post but I would like to see this formation used because it will let the best players play in their proper-ish positions.

Green

Edworthy   Fleming   Charlton   Drury

Holt                Safri/Jonson
                   Francis
McVeigh                           Huckerby

McKenzie

Quote : So far this season Macca has been mostly good coming off the bench (Saturday excepted) and nowhere near as effective when starting. I can''t explain why, but it surely doesn''t inspire Worthy to start him!

Couldn''t agree more, susie b. He does seem to be lacking something at the moment and has played 4 or 5 games from the start. I would also like to see him and Hucks play more closely together up front.