Sign in to follow this  
canary87

Birmingham City stewards - nothing less better than a complete disgrace

i don''t tend to post on this site, but today i thought i would to see if any of the travelling fans sore what i did. At around 10 to 3 ysterday at st andrews i saw a young lad (a city supporter who i have seen at many games over the last few seaons) probably aged 18/19 been told he was not allowed in. The pathetic reason for this being the ''steward'' could smell alcohol on his breathe. i spoke to the city supporter, he was not acting silly, he was not drunk, he had obviously just had a couple of beers before the game which is not a crime. probably over 80% of peole within the ground had some sort of alcohol before the game. i thought it was a complete disgrace and birmingham city football club should be ashamed , it simply seemed to me that the stewards just wanted to have a sense of power, when really not 1 issue should have been raised, the norwich fan was not even 1 bit drunk and once again i have seen stewards destroy a young fans away day for no reason what so ever. disgrace. did any1 else see the incident?

After 5 miniutes of not been allowed in (for some mad reason) understandebly the norwich fan lost it with the steward and started to have a right go at them back (verbally) which was no little less to what many city fans would do after not been allowed in for absoluelty no reason (apart from the steward claiming he could smell alcohol on his breathe).

I felt devestated for this city supporter, and i hope he launches a complaint towards birmingham city football club immediately, i saw the incident with my own eyes, and to back the lad up id definately say he had done nothing wrong. Disgraceful stewarding at Birmingham. 

That is disgraceful, especially after making the long journey there and back, I''d be devastated if I wasn''t allowed in for something as pathetic as that. And to make things worse, I was wrecked yesterday at St Andrews, was drinking the whole way there, it''s always more fun to go to an away match with some alcohol in your system!

[quote user="ellis206"]That is disgraceful, especially after making the long journey there and back, I''d be devastated if I wasn''t allowed in for something as pathetic as that.
And to make things worse, I was wrecked yesterday at St Andrews, was drinking the whole way there, it''s always more fun to go to an away match with some alcohol in your system!
[/quote]

too right - part of the away day ritual drinking all day!!

I don''t mean to offend Stewards because i know some of them are perfectly nice and approachable. But i think the odd few take the job simply because they like to feel a sense of power in an otherwise unsuccessful life.I''d better apologise in advance. [:d]

Terrible!

Stewards and other officials often create problems out of thin air and this is another example!

By all means exclude someone from the ground if they are being an idiot and creating problems but until then live and let live!

While everyone knows someone who becomes an idiot when their pis*ed most people can enjoy alcohol without getting sill!

No doubt they''ll be more bulls*it stewarding at Portaloo Rd next month!

This happened to me at Derby the 3 years ago. I just went round to the away end bought tickets and watched with the home supporters. After the game I went to see their head of security. Told him what had happened. When they could see I clearly wasn''t intoxicated they gave me refund on both tickets I had bought. Gave me complimentary tickets (in the form of a letter of apology) for the next meeting between the 2 clubs at Pride Park and by all accounts the responsible steward got a severe reprimanding. Shows what keeping your head and being civil to people can do. It also helped that I was taking my little brother to the game too. Had only turned 16 two days previously and he had gone through the turnstyles before I had got rejected. I made the point that had it happened two days earlier they would have separated a minor from their supervising adult. That made them very uncomfortable :o).

Alcohol is odorless.

The steward would not have been able to tell the difference between the smell of alcoholic or non-alholic beer on the guy''s breath.

I''m itching to have this argument with someone and I wish that this City supporter had known this when he came into the ground.

[quote user="K Lo"]

Alcohol is odorless.

The steward would not have been able to tell the difference between the smell of alcoholic or non-alholic beer on the guy''s breath.

I''m itching to have this argument with someone and I wish that this City supporter had known this when he came into the ground.

[/quote]That isn''t true.  Try smelling the 100% alcohol that you sometimes get as hand wash if you don''t believe it.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="K Lo"]

Alcohol is odorless.

[/quote]

That isn''t true.  Try smelling the 100% alcohol that you sometimes get as hand wash if you don''t believe it.
[/quote]

It dont taste that good either!