Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

You can't bluff your way through a Prem Season

I think it is time to own up and say that NCFC have been found out. NW was given a small amount of money to add to a strong Div 1 team to keep us up, but NW has spent that money rather poorly.

Why is he now saying "there is no point only spending £750K on a player as it will not bring in anybody better than I already have" when he spent the whole summer working to that exact same policy? I suspect Doncaster and Delia were all gambled out after the Hucks saga last year so have banked the cash and hoped we would stay up on a shoe string though good fortune and team spirit.

You can''t sign "Good Fortune" and NW has wasted the cash he did have, NW is now falling out with players and finally, and most importantly, his substituions and tactics leave me totally bemused. Watching the Blackburn game you could see that Dichov was the threat with Emerton, it was so obvious that we needed to stamp this out or we would be punished. Everyone in the stand was screaming to get these two out of the game by shutting up shop in the middle of the park.....so we brought on McVeigh to support the totally out of his depth Henderson and knackered Holt...I mean, what the f*** was that about.

You cannot blag your way through a season in the Premiership, I was gutted as we failed to win again. I hate reading the "it will come, keep pugging away" crap. Teams who are showing more passion, talent, squad depth and tactics are not surprisingly above us in the Premier League, no matter how long we wait until we sign "Abitof Luck" up front, you can''t bluff your way through in the big league.

It has been a wake up and smell the coffee weekend for most city fans and it don''t smell good - I have to agree with most of what you have said.

The only bit I disagree with is the lack of passion - in fact I think that has been the one thing that has meant we are not bottom.

Every player on saturday put in a fantastic amount of effort, its just that the effort of that passion sometimes gets in the way of real football thinking - like how to play keep ball and close a game down when 1-0 up against 10 men.

As you said bringing on McVeigh knowing that Worthy has concerns about his defensively ability was hardly bright when introducing either Mullers or Helveg was the sensible option at that stage.

Football is not about the players with the biggest lungs or heart, it needs a cominbation of heart, mind and feet to succeed - at the moment we seem to have only 1 of those and that is the heart.

OTBC

There was an interesting stat I read somewhere at the weekend (it may have been in the programme) that 32 teams have been promoted since the inception of the Premier League. Of those teams, only 4 have been promoted from Div 1, been relegated the following season but then come up again and stayed up.

I think Charlton, who our esteemed manager has referred to on more than one occasion as a team to model ourselves on were one of those teams. This looks like the best option for us financially as we have enough players contracted and there will be the parachute payment.

Then, we thrash everybody in the Fizzy League in 2005/6 and hopefully the board won''t be as stingy with the transfer kitty.

Believing Norwich will come straight back up is sheer folly , its taken 9 years to get back from the last relegation , look at the 3 teams relegated last season not one in the top half of the Championship this season .

How many of the current squad would stay ? not Green or anybody else that attracted interest from another Premiership side. This season was our chance , the board wanted to do it on the CHEAP and were as much as saying they thought we would go back down before the season started.

You do NOT take a Division One side into the Premiership and survive without strengthening , the result of doing so is relegation. If we are still in touch come january it will be a minor miracle .