Sign in to follow this  
Binky

TEAM GUNN - Key Decisions

Get the main decisions right and it doesn''t

matter if some of the minor ones go wrong. For me, Shackell, Gow, Mooney,

Fotheringham, Pattison, Lappin - and almost certainly Lee & McDonald - will

all prove to be really good fundamental decisions by the management team come the

end of the season. (And at least Shackell, Fotheringham, Pattison and Lappin would

almost certainly not have happened under Roeder). Views?

Gunny and co have made some good signings and strong decisions on other players(fozzy-patty) its a shame about patty because he looks a good player when ever i have seen him gets forward and gets the odd goal...as for FOZZY well.....pants and thats being nice

i just hope we sign some of the loanees...GOW...SHACKS...and LEE if he has 6 more good games

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Gunny and co have made some good signings and strong decisions on other players(fozzy-patty) its a shame about patty because he looks a good player when ever i have seen him gets forward and gets the odd goal...as for FOZZY well.....pants and thats being nice

i just hope we sign some of the loanees...GOW...SHACKS...and LEE if he has 6 more good games

[/quote]

But yet again CTID, it needs full backing from the board, are they up to it? sadly, I think we all know the answer to that!

Team Gunn are certainly getting the big decisions right at the moment. The highlight for me has been the constant focus upon the next game only. Blackpool aside, we''ve been really competitive in every game, and we''re starting to lose our losing mentality. Birmingham away under Roeder would have been written off from the first minute. Instead we got in their faces, competed and to all intents and purposes bossed the game. If we can maintain this mentality we can only improve. Norwich are currently no longer the soft touches of the league and it feels good.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]I agree. Although I think the Patty decision was more down to his own actions if you are to believe the rumours.Fotheringham has shot himself in the foot really. He is on a free but how many teams will want a player who supposedly succumbs to negative chants from the crowd.On that note I actually would like to point out how negative it is of our fans to boo our own players. Fotheringham was never poor - he just wasn''t greatly inspiring either appart from having a big part to play during last season where he was one of the most consistant and reliable performers. And he seems to be a good honest pro.The strangest thing I find about him is that he is one of the highest paid players at the club when we signed him from near enough obscurity. That is not his fault - it is more that of Grant and then Roeder (is that a real surprise).

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]I agree. Fotheringham has shot himself in the foot really. He is on a free but how many teams will want a player who supposedly succumbs to negative chants from the crowd.The strangest thing I find about him is that he is one of the highest paid players at the club when we signed him from near enough obscurity. That is not his fault - it is more that of Grant and then Roeder (is that a real surprise).[/quote]Think Roeder set his current contract last summer. Seem to recall Roeder praising him for refusing a longer contract and wanting to prove his worth over this season. (I assumed the longer contract was not attractive enough).