Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Good luck Devon, If it helps my nap of the week is in the Blue Square North and is

Hucknall V''s Tamworth Away win

Hucknall are all but dead and buried whilst Tamworth need to keep the pressure on the leaders.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]hartlepool v millwall  away win(millwall)  thats my lot [Y][/quote]

Sorry I didn''t post this before but which of the three picks is your very best one CTID? The best one is the one that counts my friend [Y]

Now I''m a little bit concerned about Devon. Where are you my friend? I need your selections to get them to Billy before I have to go back to work in an hour[O]

Where are you.. Where are you.... Let''s be ''avin'' you!!! [;)]

Trust this to be the one time my BT home hub decides to die, well i now have a nice new black one and there is no chance of the other one working again after i made it into 1000 pieces (that''ll teach that hub to mess with me), i hope Beaker has managed to get the picks to Nutty in time to get them on.

Sorry for any panic caused and good luck Beaker

Hello pups, i''ve just spoken to Nutty and he wants me to pass on this message;

The bet is on thanks to Beaker and Billy Dixon,-Munich,Basle, Athens, Inter, Bury and Huddersfield. If we are successful it will pay £53.88.

Nutty will be back with the other details later. Thanks to the power of the pups [:D]

Well done Beaker for stepping in like that. Legend.

Unlucky DDD to have pc problems on the day of the pick.

Well done to all who made the free bet possible this week.

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

[quote user="Jellytot"]

Hello pups, i''ve just spoken to Nutty and he wants me to pass on this message;

The bet is on thanks to Beaker and Billy Dixon,-Munich,Basle, Athens, Inter, Bury and Huddersfield. If we are successful it will pay £53.88.

Nutty will be back with the other details later. Thanks to the power of the pups [:D]

[/quote]

There''s you info Gazza

Greetings PUPs… Today just showed how the power of the PUP’s made the free bet happen and it’s just a shame that we didn’t get the win those efforts deserved. Firstly let me say that I’m glad everything is ok with Devon. I knew he would not have let us down without good reason and I can imagine how frustrating it must have been being unable to get the selections on. But at least it was nothing serious and it’s all sorted now.

Secondly thank you to Beaker for volunteering to step in at short notice. I was getting a bit worried by quarter to twelve because I knew I had to work and I wouldn’t be able to get to the computer after mid-day. I had visions of having to make the selections myself and remembered what a pigs ear I made of it the last time. Those words “you weren’t even close mate” as We8 surveyed the wreckage of my last attempt still haunt me. But Beaker came to the rescue and through a quick PM and then a couple of txts we got the free bet on without a problem.

Ray and I recognised we had a a very talented picker in Beaker and the plan had been to unleash him onto Billy Dixon on May 2nd. Now I’m sure you pickers agree that this doesn’t constitute a proper turn so we must stay with the original plan and keep Beaker in for the first Saturday in May.

Also thanks to NewYork for standing by and Jellytots for helping me let all the PUP’s know the bet was on. The belated details are :-

1/5

Bayern Munich

Yankee, Shaun. Mr Bump

1/4

FC Basel

Inchy

1/3

AEK Athens

nutty

1/4

Inter Milan

Sparkos

8/15

Bury

Cosmic, Pboro, Hughesy

4/6

Huddersfield

Astro, Cam

Which would have won for the Academy £53.88p. As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £35.66 which just goes to show how well Billy looks after us.

Just for the record it appears Huddersfield found giving a 2 goal start just too much of a mountain to climb and Bury conceded a 90th minute goal after going down to 10 men. With Bayern and Basel both winning Beaker was unlucky not to be going in to tomorrows games intact.

Next week is International week with Inchy, so there’s cause for optimism to cheer us all up[Y][:)]

for the two english teams it was a toss up between Southend, Bury, Huddersfield and Scunthorpe. Looks like i picked the wrong two!!

Hello all from a beautiful Buenos Aires. Glad to see the bet still being fulfilled at late notice, oh and well done YC on last week.My nap for this weekend was Fort William v Cove Rangers in the Highland league. Have had no time to post it on here however I sent it to Nutty last week in advance on the assumption I wouldnt make it on.Nutty - Have sent you a PM, a slight problem has arisen with my pick for a few weeks time.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Hello all from a beautiful Buenos Aires. Glad to see the bet still being fulfilled at late notice, oh and well done YC on last week.

My nap for this weekend was Fort William v Cove Rangers in the Highland league. Have had no time to post it on here however I sent it to Nutty last week in advance on the assumption I wouldnt make it on.

Nutty - Have sent you a PM, a slight problem has arisen with my pick for a few weeks time.

[/quote]

Yes Trent, I did have your selection so apologies for not posting it on here. My only excuse is that I''m really busy at the moment and because I''m getting old I sometimes forget stuff [sn]

I haven''t done the stats because we have a game tonight to count in. I''ll do them later if I get time[:)]

My pick was correct Nutty, I nearly did Fulham to win, but didn''t in the end as I knew it wouldn''t be selected. Never mind, no one can help getting old.....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]My pick was correct Nutty, I nearly did Fulham to win, but didn''t in the end as I knew it wouldn''t be selected. Never mind, no one can help getting old.....[/quote]

I know yours won Gazza. You have been doing really well and you have 7 correct naps from11 selections. That''s 64% (the same as mine). You won''t quite make the table this season because you joined us late and there aren''t quite enough weeks left. But next season I''m sure you will be among the front runners.

Here is the latest table with those PUPs who have at least 50% right from at least 50% weeks :-

Picker

Season

Season %

Trent Canary

22-25

Inch High

28-33

Arrdee

18-22

Leedscanary

26-32

NCFC_Shaun

26-32

MacDougall’s perm

22-28

Beaker

21-27

Mr. Bump

23-30

Shack Attack

22-29

Pboro_Canary

23-31

Fellas

24-33

Gentleman Jim

24-33

Newyorkcanary

24-33

Sparkos

21-29

Hissing Sid

21-31

Obiwancanary

19-28

Kathy

13-19

Delia’s Devon…

21-32

Mister Chops

19-29

Cosmic Twin

20-31

BringBackIwan

17-26

GazzaTCC

17-26

Norfolkchance1

21-33

Nutty nigel

21-33

Cityangel

18-28

Hughsey

14-22

1st Wazzock

20-32

Graham Humphrey

20-32

The Butler

20-32

Yankee Canary

20-33

Berkshire Canary

19-31

Muddy funster

19-31

Norfolkbroadslim

15-25

Lappinitup

18-33

Blahblahblah

16-29

Methcanary

15-28

Canary Ryan

12-23

wow theres a table, i will make sure next season i make some decent predictions, that should work, (i.e not Almeria beating Madrid at madrid, that wasnt the best prediction of the week was it :P)