Sign in to follow this  
Tim Allman

Postcard from Brum

A top day out, with all the money we saved on our cheap train fares from the smoke re-invested in lunchtime lager. 

City should have been out of sight after 30 minutes, missed chances, same ole, same ole, a mistake and we are a goal behind. The team played well, and for each other, and it just didn’t happen in the first half. 

Lappin played well, as did super Sammy and all the back four. Gow did well at left mid as did Mooney up front.  

We fully deserved the equaliser, though the free kick that the Brum player gave away was ridiculous. The last half an hour was exciting, both teams trying to win. For the last fifteen minutes we were hanging on. Lee was finished after seventy minutes but Gunny kept him on, maybe because he offered some height to the team. 

The Brum fans were an embarrassment and as quiet as the internet idiot who threatened to start one off in the Nelson. One song after they scored and that was it. 

Great turnout from the Yellow Army yet again. Inspiring support.

Proud to be a City supporter today.

Good summary there Tim.

How a side who has been in the top two all season can muster on 16000 fans is beyond me.  If that was us going for promotion we would be sold out every week and have ''000s looking for tickets!!!!

Great support by the Norwich fans today, although I am not so sure about this staying up song just yet!!!!!

Hi Tim well done for adding to the great support, you all sounded fantastic on the radio and looked great on the extended highlights. What were the Brum fans thinking I wonder, couldn''t fill their ground despite their league position and we take all those fans when we are in danger of relegation.

Seeing you all behind the goal made me proud. Great advert for NCFC as well.

In a fit of rage, and inspired by a beer or two, I posted this on a Birmingham City messageboard on Saturday evening when I got home. Sort of sums up the day from an away fans point of view, looking in at the home fans. It drew a couple of predictable responses, but one of them sort of agreed.

Just got back from Stan Drews. Thought I’d mention it to you (but you must already know) about how pitiful your home support was today.

Of course, this is the club that took 300 to Carrow Road when you were top of the league two years ago.

From the first minute you were on your players backs, one mistake and there were groans, jeers and all sorts of abuse. And after 35 minutes of silence Brum scored through a Norwich mistake and we hear a song. As I only heard it once, I’m not sure what it was though as it was the only time I heard this, er, song, it was difficult to tell.

Second half was no better – we equalised, then the idiots in blue got restless – how are your players supposed to perform if they have 16,000 fans (2000 of today’s 18000 crowd were from Norwich) having a go at them every time something goes wrong. Looking on the bright side - one positive I saw today at your ground – at least an empty seat can’t have a pop at a player and I saw plenty of those today.

As regards the score 1-1 no complaints, could have gone either way, but we should have won it in the first half.

So – back to your, er fans. Never seen anything like it. Big time Charlie supporters moaning as you as only six points clear of third place. You muppets should be enjoying this year as the next one is going to be whole lot harder.

Just to repeat for the thickos who read this forum – YOUR FANS ARE AN EMBARRESSMENT TO FOOTBALL. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM, GROW UP AND ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY AFTERNOON.