Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Brilliant Canaries World highlights...

Of the Brummie game.

I thought our disallowed goal was a good goal, still undesided about theirs and Sammy''s was off the planet!

Lee looked sharp and I love the way he puts himself about, we really have to sign this guy.

I just hope that we are able to keep some of our loan players, otherwise its back to square one in the Summer!

Alternatively Virgin Media has 8 minutes and 15 seconds of highlights for free. I too could see absolutely nothing wrong with Shackell''s header. Homer referee me thinks

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Alternatively Virgin Media has 8 minutes and 15 seconds of highlights for free. I too could see absolutely nothing wrong with Shackell''s header.

Homer referee me thinks[/quote]

D''OH!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Alternatively Virgin Media has 8 minutes and 15 seconds of highlights for free. I too could see absolutely nothing wrong with Shackell''s header. Homer referee me thinks[/quote]

Hmm Chunky? nigh on 18 minutes worth of highlights on CW, still, you pays our money and all that.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Alternatively Virgin Media has 8 minutes and 15 seconds of highlights for free. I too could see absolutely nothing wrong with Shackell''s header. Homer referee me thinks[/quote]

Hmm Chunky? nigh on 18 minutes worth of highlights on CW, still, you pays our money and all that.

[/quote]

Ah but I''m tight and eight for free sounds like a better deal to me. Besides our ''highlights'' package this year is a bit thin on the ground; good luck to the bloke who has to market this season''s highlights DVD. Maybe they should just call it ''We Beat Wolves and Ipswich''?

I also keep hearing of glitches in Canaries World

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Ah but I''m tight and eight for free sounds like a better deal to me. Besides our ''highlights'' package this year is a bit thin on the ground; good luck to the bloke who has to market this season''s highlights DVD. Maybe they should just call it ''We Beat Wolves and Ipswich''?

I also keep hearing of glitches in Canaries World

[/quote]

No problems for me.

An again, as last year Chunky, I''d still buy the DVD, Croft''s goal against scum is worth the price alone!

I know it''s not the fashionable thing to say, but I think Canaries World is ok. I get to listen to the commentary around fifteen times a year as I''m at the game more often that not - never had a problem with it this season. My broadband speed is 2 meg, and sometimes there are very small pauses in the hightlights, but that''s it.

It costs me around £34 if paid in one go, which is less than the price of a pint per month (at London prices).

The extended highlights are great, if we play well or win we get more to watch. For the 3-1 win at Blackpool last season, they merged the radio norfolk commentary with the pictures, I think that was one of the first times we had got at least ten mimutes worth.

I think it''s good value for money.

For some reason I still can''t get the commentary to work. I''m running it through Windows media player and it comes up with DRM componant not compatible or something like that. The highlights are worth the money alone for me though

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]For some reason I still can''t get the commentary to work. I''m running it through Windows media player and it comes up with DRM componant not compatible or something like that. The highlights are worth the money alone for me though[/quote]

You might need to upgrade your WMP to the latest version. When DRM was introduced a couple of years ago, I''m think I had to upgrade as I had an older version. I''m sure techier posters than me will know.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Of the Brummie game.

I thought our disallowed goal was a good goal, still undesided about theirs and Sammy''s was off the planet!

Lee looked sharp and I love the way he puts himself about, we really have to sign this guy.

[/quote]

Yes, good point about Shackell''s disallowed goal. Because nothing was said by Gunn or on Canary Call after the match or on the Pink Un website I assumed that there was no disagreement with the ref''s decision. But when i saw the goal on the highlights on Sunday I replayed the build-up and the goal itself several times before concluding that it was a valid goal. The commentator too (very poor I thought) didn''t query the ref''s decision. But this was the same commentator who criticised bad defending by Norwich for the Brum goal !

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Of the Brummie game.

[/quote]

Yes, good point about Shackell''s disallowed goal. Because nothing was said by Gunn or on Canary Call after the match or on the Pink Un website I assumed that there was no disagreement with the ref''s decision. But when i saw the goal on the highlights on Sunday I replayed the build-up and the goal itself several times before concluding that it was a valid goal. The commentator too (very poor I thought) didn''t query the ref''s decision. But this was the same commentator who criticised bad defending by Norwich for the Brum goal !

[/quote]

Agree about the commentator. Dubbed after the fact, I would guess, judging by the monotonous tone and lack of excitement.

As for the goal I couldn''t see anything wrong, but several posters yesterday said that Doc was offside at the original free kick. Apparently this can''t be seen on the Virgin highlights, but there seems to be some consensus on it, and its noticeable that there seemed to be little protest from our players.

I was cheering when it went in, but I''m sure that someone around me commented that there was an offside flag.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]For some reason I still can''t get the commentary to work. I''m running it through Windows media player and it comes up with DRM componant not compatible or something like that. The highlights are worth the money alone for me though[/quote]

You might need to upgrade your WMP to the latest version. When DRM was introduced a couple of years ago, I''m think I had to upgrade as I had an older version. I''m sure techier posters than me will know.

[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I''m rubbish at the whole computer thing. I''ll download the latest version and try it out for the Swansea game.