Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Delia's has invested 11 million into Norwich

Don''t really have a frothing opinion either way but has anyone got a cloth I can borrow to wipe the sweetly stickiness off the screen? [+o(]

I can hear the jokes brewing already.....[:$]

[quote user="Mange Tout"][quote user="plan b"][quote user="The Butler"]

She indicates it could be 11mil, on another thread I think that the accounts show slightly differently. (TFA)?

She also says "does not want a return" that means they are NOT looking for a profit NOT that they don''t want their money back.

As they are just doing this because of a love affair with the fans YOU SHOULD ALL FEEL ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES SO THERE!!!!!!!!

Spin,spin spin

[/quote]exactly this

i dont resent her for wanting her money back, i just resent the fact that her INVESTING in the club is spun to make us all feel grateful for her ''generosity''.i travel all round the country with my work and i am sick of being told by people when they learn that i am a norwich fan that the only reason we are in business is because we have the backing of a wealthy owner, and its all because the nation hears interviews like this. they seem to not hear that we have the highest average attendances in this division, which also beats about a third of the premier teams too, no matter how low we sink . we take thousands of  fans to away games, no matter where they are, when they are or who they are, and, according to a recent survey, are apparently the 17th biggest team in the uk (including celtic and rangers) in terms of support. no. they just think we are small backwater team who has got a celebrity chef bankrolling us, and it is all because of interviews like this.[/quote]

Yep, interviews like this where it''s all about her, never mentions the supporters does she?

"It wasn''t all given in one go, it was sort of trickles and trickles and trickles," she said. "But we knew we would never see any of that money again. And we are looking that straight in the eye and not bothering, because it is only money - and it isn''t just the game, it''s the whole community aspect of it and the supporter aspect of it."I think probably I have fallen in love with the supporters just as much as I have with the game and therefore it''s kind of for them, really."

[/quote]i didn''t say that she doesn''t have an affinity with the supporters, i see her on most matchdays when she walks through our lounge and she always has time for a chat, in fact i have absolutly nothing against her on that level as she is obviously has a passion for the game and loves being there, which is more than i can say for her chief exec., in fact i dont want her to be run out of the club as she doesn''t  deserve it, i think we are lucky to have an owner who obviously loves the club and, in some way has its best interests at heart, i just object to the club being portrayed as being some sort of charity case and that she is some sort of good samaritan.as i said earlier, neil doncaster said at the ncisa meeting that the reason we were being outperformed by smaller teams in the league is because they have a wealthy benefactor, but we do too according to that interview if what she says is correct..unless, of course that, when it comes to explaining our misfortune of being where we are it is because unlike other teams we have no one to give us any money, but when it is a pr exercise or an interview in the national media we do have a famous and generous owner who gives us money when we are in trouble.    its the same subject but two different stories, it just all depends on who they are being told to.FAB FOUR       

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Don''t really have a frothing opinion either way but has anyone got a cloth I can borrow to wipe the sweetly stickiness off the screen? [+o(]

I can hear the jokes brewing already.....[:$]

[/quote]

I was always told it was salty, but never having tried it myself.............[+o(][:P]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="colneycanary"]

Interesting story in today''s EDP.  Delia has said she and Michael have invested 11 million into club so far and they never expect to get a financial return on their investment.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED23%20Mar%202009%2017%3A07%3A23%3A927

[/quote]£11mil...invested in some poor managers and bad buys...same old same old...and to say they dont expect a return for thier investment...deLIAR[/quote]d e l i a r

A truly lovely article that really epitomizes everything that one needs to know about good old little Norwich City.  

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Hold on though she has again gone on public record stating that she does not expect to get ANY money back out of the money she has put in. As has been stated above this is completely at odds with the response and public statements when Cullum was sniffing about. I don''t really mind if she does want to get some money back when she walks away but if thats the case be open about it and don''t keep publically saying you will give the club away for nothing and then when someone much richer than you calls your bluff demand £30 a share![/quote]

I think she said a return on her money NOT the return of her money.

Only two little words but a world of difference

[/quote]

Sorry I thought this was pretty clear:

"But we knew we would never see any of that money again. And we are looking that straight in the eye and not bothering, because it is only money - and it isn''t just the game, it''s the whole community aspect of it and the supporter aspect of it."

I suppose technically that is not quite the same as saying they don''t want to see it again but she is still giving the clear impression she does not expect to get anything back!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Hold on though she has again gone on public record stating that she does not expect to get ANY money back out of the money she has put in. As has been stated above this is completely at odds with the response and public statements when Cullum was sniffing about. I don''t really mind if she does want to get some money back when she walks away but if thats the case be open about it and don''t keep publically saying you will give the club away for nothing and then when someone much richer than you calls your bluff demand £30 a share![/quote]

[/quote]

"But we knew we would never see any of that money again. And we are looking that straight in the eye and not bothering, because it is only money - and it isn''t just the game, it''s the whole community aspect of it and the supporter aspect of it."

I suppose technically that is not quite the same as saying they don''t want to see it again but she is still giving the clear impression she does not expect to get anything back!

[/quote]

City''s joint majority shareholder estimates that she and husband Michael Wynn Jones have pumped around £11m into Norwich City - and that they never expected to get a financial return on their investment.

So we have  contradictory statements in the same interview.

What a change we could both be right[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

City''s joint majority shareholder estimates that she and husband Michael Wynn Jones have pumped around £11m into Norwich City - and that they never expected to get a financial return on their investment.

[/quote]

I agree yes they are contradictory but isn''t the second one a direct quote taken from the radio interview whilst the first one is simply cr*p archant paraphrasing of what she is supposed to have said. I must admit I haven''t listened to the actual interview so am assuming the quotes are accurate!

Basically someone needs to clear this all up because if I was thinking of investing in NCFC whether I had to pay £11m for Delia''s shares or nothing would probably influence my decision quite significantly. If she does want her money back for the shares I don''t have a massive problem with that but she should stop coming out with these quotes!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree yes they are contradictory but isn''t the second one a direct quote taken from the radio interview whilst the first one is simply cr*p archant paraphrasing of what she is supposed to have said. I must admit I haven''t listened to the actual interview so am assuming the quotes are accurate!

Basically someone needs to clear this all up because if I was thinking of investing in NCFC whether I had to pay £11m for Delia''s shares or nothing would probably influence my decision quite significantly. If she does want her money back for the shares I don''t have a massive problem with that but she should stop coming out with these quotes!

[/quote]

I think thats the whole point Jim. No one except them knows and I am not sure they do. Might depend on who as much as anything!

I haven''t heard the inteview either and as my paper boy forgot by EDP this morning I am relying on the article reproduced on here!

So it''s all heresay evidence your honour[:D]

Delia does like to make a song and dance about how much she and MWJ have put into the club, though. You don''t hear other club''s owners making so much noise about their financial contributions, and some of them have "invested" 10 times the amount of Smith and Jones, with even less thanks for their generosity.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Delia does like to make a song and dance about how much she and MWJ have put into the club, though. You don''t hear other club''s owners making so much noise about their financial contributions, and some of them have "invested" 10 times the amount of Smith and Jones, with even less thanks for their generosity.[/quote]

Can''t think of anyone who has put in around 50% of their total wealth though.

[quote user="woody"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]Delia does like to make a song and dance about how much she and MWJ have put into the club, though. You don''t hear other club''s owners making so much noise about their financial contributions, and some of them have "invested" 10 times the amount of Smith and Jones, with even less thanks for their generosity.[/quote]

Can''t think of anyone who has put in around 50% of their total wealth though.[/quote]Quite right - its going to be so difficult for them to live on the other 50% isn''t it? How will they manage? 11m for several times over that value in PR + the viability of getting your money back later = no contest