Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I could learn to tolerate Smith, if.....

Doncaster was sacked and removed from the club.

For me, thats where our biggest problems arise from, prudence, spin and zero ambition all stem from his office, and he''s overseen some shocking transfer action or should that read un-action? especially under Roreder.....and don''t even get me started on his wages!

What do you reckon? would this be a good place to start for City''s revival?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

For me, thats where our biggest problems arise from, prudence, spin and zero ambition all stem from his office, and he''s overseen some shocking transfer action or should that read un-action? especially under Roreder.....and don''t even get me started on his wages!

[/quote]

Blimey I reckon you need a lay down hehehehe.

I could and never forgive her and the board for how they''ve dragged this club down to a real low point, never.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Blimey I reckon you need a lay down hehehehe.

I could and never forgive her and the board for how they''ve dragged this club down to a real low point, never.

[/quote]

I didn''t say forgive mate, I, like you, could never do that, I said tolerate.[:)]

I don''t see how you can blame the Chief Executive for player purchases. The Manager scouts players, tells the Board who he wants to sign, the Board then enter negotiations and if they can afford the fee they facilitate the transfer. Who is bought and sold is purely down to the manager within the restrictions of his budget.

For what it''s worth I think Neil Doncaster has done a reasonable job. He''s very approachable and never once failed to reply to one of my emails, no matter how trivial (how many other Chief Execs would go to the bother?)

For me, the Board have only made a couple of mistakes - not getting rid of Worthy soon enough and appointing Grant (had Grant not been appointed, we would never have needed to make the Roeder appointment).

The Boards biggest crime is simply not having enough money to invest - but that''s not their fault and you can''t fault (in percentage terms of overall wealth) their level of investment.

Some people on this message board just don''t live in the real world and make assumptions and judgements based on rumours and speculation.

Take a dig at me if you like (I''m now off out and probably won''t read the replies!).

[/quote]I''m going to agree with Wiz on this one. I think Doomcaster pulls a lot more strings in the overall picture than he''s given ''credit'' for. Granted, Delia and WJ et al, are top of the pile, but I think that Doomy has a lot more ''brunt'' in what goes on at our club.

[quote user="Kathy"]I can feel another U turn coming on...................[/quote]

One word to that Kathy.........BALLS!

Thats too big a U turn for anyone.............even me![:D]

[/quote]

But you really dislike Delia so why would you change your feelings towards her if Neil left??

excuse me for being blunt here , the bloke talks out of his backside.

prudence and ambition ... we have gone backwards .

at least delia knows how to cook , this guy dont know what hes talking about .

agreed wiz.

[/quote]I could learn to tolerate you if someone would be kind enough to replace your keyboard with a bunch of bananas.

[quote user="First Wizard"]What do you reckon? would this be a good place to start for City''s revival?[/quote]Just in case you hadn''t noticed wiz, a new management team is in place, we''ve started winning and we''re out of the bottom three so the revival has already started. Please keep up!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]What do you reckon? would this be a good place to start for City''s revival?[/quote]Just in case you hadn''t noticed wiz, a new management team is in place, we''ve started winning and we''re out of the bottom three so the revival has already started. Please keep up!

[/quote]

We''re still doomed Lappin, you know we''re still doomed [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]What do you reckon? would this be a good place to start for City''s revival?[/quote]Just in case you hadn''t noticed wiz, a new management team is in place, we''ve started winning and we''re out of the bottom three so the revival has already started. Please keep up![/quote]We''re still doomed Lappin, you know we''re still doomed [:)][/quote]Yew meark I larf! [:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

But you really dislike Delia so why would you change your feelings towards her if Neil left??

[/quote]

I wouldn''t really Angel, I said I''d tolerate her, which meant I''d just criticise her less on here I guess.

Lappin:

You knew full well what I meant...[:|]

Mr Chops:

Face...bovvered!

I''ve asked several people exactly what they think a chief execs role is. Nobody has answered me.Your ignorance is worthy of a grumpy teenager First Wizard. I can assure you there is not a single person at the club who has worked harder over the last 5 years than yer man. If ever you get the chance to meet the beloved Huckerby - ask him.

[quote user="IBA"]I''ve asked several people exactly what they think a chief execs role is. Nobody has answered me.

Your ignorance is worthy of a grumpy teenager First Wizard. I can assure you there is not a single person at the club who has worked harder over the last 5 years than yer man.

If ever you get the chance to meet the beloved Huckerby - ask him.
[/quote]

If the company is a PLC (which Norwich is, albeit private) the primary function of the Chief Executive is to carry out the instructions of the Board of Directors to whom he or she must report back.  Or so I think.

If Wiz is suggesting it is the other way round, that Doncaster is "instructing" the Board, he would have to provide evidence to make that one stick I would suggest.  It would certainly be unusual.  Normally it is the CEO who gets to do the dirty work for a Board.

PS: If you sack him for anything other than gross misconduct you will have to pay him off otherwise you''ll get done for constructive dismissal and have even less to spend on players.

He certainly works very long hours but that goes with the job and with that sort of money and if you don''t want your life being taken over by that sort of job you simply don''t take it.

At least he appears interested in football.  Many CEO''s aren''t and never turn up at a game and have such a detestation of fans that they would make Roeder look fan friendly.

But I seriously do find it intriguing that "Doomy" runs the Board and not the other way round.  I am not saying it is not so but I do wonder what evidence this is based on.  Certainly unusual I would think but Norfolk folk have always been renowned for doing things their own way.[:)]

Munby is the problem with transfers and a lot besides- involved way out of his depth.I don''t really know why we all asume it''s Doncaster doing all the spin  and making the bad decisions... Munby has an undergraduate degree in Economics and his career has been in Marketing- that just screams spin and half baked financial decisions!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Doncaster''s an accountant who has no football expertise. He does his job as best he can. I rather like him.

[/quote]Soliciter isn''t he? If he was an accountant I could understand why people think he''s behind the financial decisions.

Whoops, my mistake. He always seems to be talking about things financial so I assumed that was his thing; who''s the accountant on the Board then?

Well- Munby has a Bsc in Economics which I suspect he thinks is the same thing ;)I don''t think there is a real finance expert on the board though.

I should have been clearer - I was hoping First Wizard would answer the question. Silly me.

[quote user="IBA"]I''ve asked several people exactly what they think a chief execs role is. Nobody has answered me.

Your ignorance is worthy of a grumpy teenager First Wizard. I can assure you there is not a single person at the club who has worked harder over the last 5 years than yer man.

If ever you get the chance to meet the beloved Huckerby - ask him.
[/quote]

Good post.  There is a huge amount of cant oon this website about Doncaster ironically by posters who object to the abuse of scapegoats.  I suspect that the majority including Wiz could not write an effective job description for a CEO and really have no idea what he is supposed to do. 

Further, none of us is remotely qualified to know how effectively he does his job because that information is not available.   There is a pile of supposition on here by largely uninformed guesswork at best.

Micheal Wynn Jones is no fool.  Delia may be a cook but he is a highly successful business man.  Foulger likewise.  Both have a lot of money tied up in this club.  Why on earth would they employ as their main manager an incompetent?  They wouldn''t.   Nor would you.  If the person responsible for running your multi million pound business was not up to it then you would replace him and so would they.

That is really the only evidence available that Neil Doncaster is good at his job and that evidence is conclusive for me.

Ypu don''t have to like him but there is no evidence that he is not doing what his employers want him to do or that he is not good at his job.  It is just that you don''t understand what his job actually is.

[quote user="IBA"]I should have been clearer - I was hoping First Wizard would answer the question. Silly me.
[/quote]

Listen IBA, unlike you it seems, I do have another life outside the Pink Un message board, but I also never dodge questions if I can help it pal!

If you are happy with continued failure, mediocrocy (spelling!) and damn prudence then of course support Doncaster. I, on the other hand, want better things for City, so my olpinion differs somewhat to yours.

And as Hucks said in his reccent article ''Whats wrong at City'' mistakes, are being made at board leval, Doncaster is a big part of that set up!

[quote user="IBA"]I should have been clearer - I was hoping First Wizard would answer the question. Silly me.
[/quote]

Listen IBA, unlike you it seems, I do have another life outside the Pink Un message board, but I also never dodge questions if I can help it pal!

If you are happy with continued failure, mediocrocy (spelling!) and damn prudence then of course support Doncaster. I, on the other hand, want better things for City, so my olpinion differs somewhat to yours.

And as Hucks said in his reccent article ''Whats wrong at City'' mistakes, are being made at board leval, Doncaster is a big part of that set up!

[/quote]

Hucks did not mention the Board and, if as you say, he is returning to Norwich as a player then he would probably be well advised not to.