Sign in to follow this  
BarclayA

We Must Sign Gow!

A Liverpool fan work colleague of mine actually commented today that Gow looked "a cut above the rest" so yes I agree, we must try and sign him!  It was nice not to mocked as usual this morning, which has been so often the case with our performances this season.

I agree, we must sign Gow, and as many of the good players we seem to suddenly have at the moment. On the subject of signing others though, would we rather have Mooney or possibly still try and get Leroy Lita on a free? I don''t want to over do it, but we could get both as Reading would sell Mooney to finance the re-signing of Kitson, depending also if they go up or not.

Also, has Croft signed a new deal yet?

I agree that Gow would be a good signing

in fact, i wonder how differently this season would have panned out if we signed him in the summer. Roeder might have still been in a job, and Cureton would prob still be in the first team

clubs like Doncaster, Swansea, and Bristol City all prove that all you need to survive in the Championship is a good partnership up front and at centre-back. if you want to win the Championship then you just need to add one or two star players to that foundation. we''ve chopped and changed the line up so often this season it''s ridiculous

We should sell  Pattison and Cureton, and that will pay for Gow and Mooney''s transfer fee.  I''m getting a bit fed up with selling our best players, so would really like to hang on to Clingan.

[quote user="we8wba"]

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/01/09/wolves-signing-of-gow-collapses/

some details of why he failed medical are in the link above

basically to sum it up quickly, the problem is long term problem which which flare up a few years down the line, but it wont effect him playing or to the his current standard until a couple years.

[/quote]

I assume you are not the original we8wba?

I cannot see any club paying us enough for Pattison and Cureton to sign Gow and Mooney etc.

I''ve had this deleted once so I''ll attempt to re-phrase it. I''ve heard on the grapevine that the actual reason he wasn''t signed was not for a convential football injury but something else the medical picked up.

[quote user="Dion DublinLegend"]I''ve had this deleted once so I''ll attempt to re-phrase it. I''ve heard on the grapevine that the actual reason he wasn''t signed was not for a convential football injury but something else the medical picked up.[/quote]

It was the hairstyle, wasnt it?[;)]

I''ve had this deleted once so I''ll attempt to re-phrase it. I''ve heard on the grapevine that the actual reason he wasn''t signed was not for a convential football injury but something else the medical picked up

Glasgow Rangers striker Alan Gow’s transfer to Wolves is off after he failed his medical.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy revealed a “biomechanical” problem had prevented the transfer from Rangers going through. But he stressed it was “not serious” and hasn’t ruled out signing the 26-year-old in the summer, when the problem is sorted out. Biomechanical relates to the skeleton.

Following stringent tests from the Wolves medical team, the club have put the deal on ice.

McCarthy said: “He can continue to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday – it’s a biomechanical thing that he will get sorted.”

A fee of £250,000 had been agreed between the clubs and the 26-year-old had also sealed a two and a half year contract, pending the medical. McCarthy reckons the exact nature of the problem would have to be revealed by the player or Rangers.

He said: “He’s gone back to Rangers. He’s had an extensive medical but something’s been found that we’re not completely happy with. He’s gone back to have it checked out.

“It’s not really serious and it’s something that can be sorted out, but we’re not going ahead with the deal on the strength of it. It’s really the fact that our medical team were really thorough.

“We had agreed everything and we were really looking forward to having him, but we’re not going to take him at the moment. Not in this window.”

McCarthy believes the minor nature of the problem meant Gow could carry on playing, as he had just reeled off 17 appearances for Blackpool on loan.

The Wolves boss said: “He could carry on playing tomorrow.”

[quote user="we8wba"]

I''ve had this deleted once so I''ll attempt to re-phrase it. I''ve heard on the grapevine that the actual reason he wasn''t signed was not for a convential football injury but something else the medical picked up

Glasgow Rangers striker Alan Gow’s transfer to Wolves is off after he failed his medical.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy revealed a “biomechanical” problem had prevented the transfer from Rangers going through. But he stressed it was “not serious” and hasn’t ruled out signing the 26-year-old in the summer, when the problem is sorted out. Biomechanical relates to the skeleton.

Following stringent tests from the Wolves medical team, the club have put the deal on ice.

McCarthy said: “He can continue to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday – it’s a biomechanical thing that he will get sorted.”

A fee of £250,000 had been agreed between the clubs and the 26-year-old had also sealed a two and a half year contract, pending the medical. McCarthy reckons the exact nature of the problem would have to be revealed by the player or Rangers.

He said: “He’s gone back to Rangers. He’s had an extensive medical but something’s been found that we’re not completely happy with. He’s gone back to have it checked out.

“It’s not really serious and it’s something that can be sorted out, but we’re not going ahead with the deal on the strength of it. It’s really the fact that our medical team were really thorough.

“We had agreed everything and we were really looking forward to having him, but we’re not going to take him at the moment. Not in this window.”

McCarthy believes the minor nature of the problem meant Gow could carry on playing, as he had just reeled off 17 appearances for Blackpool on loan.

The Wolves boss said: “He could carry on playing tomorrow.”

[/quote]

I should emphasise that what I''ve heard is friend of a friend of a family member stuff, so it may or may not be accurate. If it is correct however then MM is telling porky pies, probably because Alan Gow would not be too happy if the real reason was publicised. It is a little odd that a player can have an ''injury'' (having already played 17 games for Blackpool) that causes them to fail a medical, but then be declared ''fit to play tomorrow'' by the same club?

"He’s had an extensive medical but something’s been found that we’re not completely happy with." [^o)]

I think we should be able to get Gow for somewhere in the region of £150,000 / £200,000

Slightly off the topic, but do you think we should try to set Billy Sharp on loan, as he has not even made it onto the bench with Sheffield United during the last couple of months.

Does anyone know how close we came to actually signing him a couple of summers ago??