Sign in to follow this  
BarclayA

We Must Sign Gow!

We can''t sign him until the season ends! I hope we do sign him because he''s changed the whole team. There could be a few teams in for him, if he continue''s to do this well. It might end up becoming a bidding war, which is my only worry. Let''s hope a fee has already been agreed.

100 percent .. i dont think he would cost the earth either .

and i think once we have a settled team without so many loan players he would get better .

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and the funds to sign him is going to come from~???????

jas :)

[/quote]

Delia''s about to buy a new sofa, no telling how much loose change she''ll find down the back of the old one!!

[/quote]Sadly, the sale of Clingan. But if selling him means we had a chance at Gow, Shacks et al. Then I''d be all for it! Sell one player, and use the funds to go a long way to building a good, solid side! (IF, and it''s a big IF, the funds don''t ''dissapear''........)

[/quote]they must find the money!!!! simples       100% agree he must be signed along with a few others        not jumping the gun(much lol) with the players we have NOW loaness included next season will be a good one imo...without them we will struggle...BOARD DIG DEEP AND FUND THE FUNDS TO SIGN THEM!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]they must find the money!!!! simples       100% agree he must be signed along with a few others        not jumping the gun(much lol) with the players we have NOW loaness included next season will be a good one imo...without them we will struggle...BOARD DIG DEEP AND FUND THE FUNDS TO SIGN THEM!!![/quote]#FIND THE FUNDS#

You can''t really disagree with his performances but a couple of things worry me about Gow

• His background seems to be littered with possible moves that didn''t happen - why is ? Does think he''s a "big time charlie"
  • After the game yesterday when the rest of the team were congratulating themselves, Gow wondered lonely towards the tunnel not in a nasty way, just didn''t seem to enjoy the party!

Maybe I''m mis reading the situation but I''m not sure.

[quote user="Badger"]
I hope so! Anybody got any idea how much he would cost?
[/quote]

Nowhere near as much as that. Rangers are skint and allowed Chris Burke to join Cardiff for nothing to get him off the wage bill and, as a Rangers supporter myself, we would almost certainly agree to do the same with Gowser. Rumour has it that he''s also fallen out with Walter Smith so he won''t be difficult to deal with I''d imagine.

[quote user="robsonhasscored"]

You can''t really disagree with his performances but a couple of things worry me about Gow

• His background seems to be littered with possible moves that didn''t happen - why is ? Does think he''s a "big time charlie"

• After the game yesterday when the rest of the team were congratulating themselves, Gow wondered lonely towards the tunnel not in a nasty way, just didn''t seem to enjoy the party!

Maybe I''m mis reading the situation but I''m not sure.

[/quote]

The story is that his former agent was prone to jacking up the price after the deal was made, but Gow is no longer with him. Apparently the word from Dunston is that he is a genuinely nice bloke.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]they must find the money!!!! simples       100% agree he must be signed along with a few others        not jumping the gun(much lol) with the players we have NOW loaness included next season will be a good one imo...without them we will struggle...BOARD DIG DEEP AND FUND THE FUNDS TO SIGN THEM!!![/quote]#FIND THE FUNDS#[/quote]No no, fund the funds is fine by me! I don''t mind where the money comes from (as long as it''s not an binner style arms dealer of course)

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="Badger"]
[/quote]

Nowhere near as much as that. Rangers are skint and allowed Chris Burke to join Cardiff for nothing to get him off the wage bill and, as a Rangers supporter myself, we would almost certainly agree to do the same with Gowser. Rumour has it that he''s also fallen out with Walter Smith so he won''t be difficult to deal with I''d imagine.

[/quote]Thanks for answering prematurely a question i was about to ask.Glaswegian friend of mine says that Murry is in serious finacial trouble.So i''m pressuming we could get Gow at a cut price.[Y]

Remember how we almost signed him in the summer, only for the deal to break down for some reason?

Does anyone have any real insight as to why this happened?

Agent jack up the price (as suggested above)? Poor Attitude? Didn''t fancy Norfolk?

I wonder how different our season could have been if this issue - whatever it was - had been ironed out properly 9 months ago. Yet another example of an arrogant Roeder c**k-up IMO.

I would sign him for anything under £300k. His dribbling ability and ball control are impressive.If I have any doubt it is that I think he is a neither/neither player. He is not striker, and misses goals regularly and he is not a midfielder. You could say something similar about Hoolahan, neither winger nor "in the hole" attacker, and even about Hux.The point I am making is that these three are neither the one nor the other, and can cause problems of team balance and selection. They are very creative, but....

Gow has made a huge difference to the team.   And we know that the club can afford him as we have done a deal for him once before Roeder changed our mind.   Ok, maybe the price will have gone up a bit due to his performance (but maybe it will have come down due to the recession etc) but we know he''s not out of our league, price wise and salary wise. 

Similarly, Shackell can''t be out of our league, price wise, and he looks a different player.  Those two, plus keep Crofty and Hoolahan seem to me the minimum, if we stay up.  We''d be keeping or getting in players who we know are in our financial price bracket and surely 17,000 season ticket sales run to that.

Btw, Salopian may be right that he isn''t a prolific goal scorer.  Though it''s a bit early to say that after only three decent games for us.  Whether we could run to Mooney as well (with Clinghan money?), or whether young Master Macdonald would fill that role remains to be seen.

My only concern with him is that he failed a medical at Wolves - is there something we do not know or were they just looking for a reason to back out of the deal?

It is all going to come down to the sale of Clingan.  If we could get the £3m mentioned then surely even this board would give £1-2m to Gunn which might be enough to get Gow (£250k) Shackell (£500K) Mooney (£500k) and Lee (£500k)

Admittedly these are not rrp and the respective clubs might want more!

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="Badger"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m glad to hear that, canaryjock. I''m curious about your name, do you support both Rangers and City? If so, what started your interest in the Canaries?

[quote user="rjwc22"]

It is all going to come down to the sale of Clingan.  If we could get the £3m mentioned then surely even this board would give £1-2m to Gunn which might be enough to get Gow (£250k) Shackell (£500K) Mooney (£500k) and Lee (£500k)

Admittedly these are not rrp and the respective clubs might want more!

[/quote]And if we stay up.However if you believe the rumours Fulham have been given the go ahead to sign Huddlestone for £5million from Spurs. If that is the case then I am not sure Clingan will be another target. I say that because although Murphey is getting on Huddlestone is a def midfielder and so is Clingan. Not sure they have the dough to support having two squads . . . . .

That is worrying as cannot see them wanting Huddlestone and Sammy.

Not that I want to see Clingan leave but really think we will struggle to find funds in the summer otherwise.