Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

strange stats

well not really. Not sure what it means but it''s odd that Charlton have the same goal diff, have only scored twice more than us and yet are sitting pretty in 11th with almost double the points. Surely that must be some cause for optimism in these dark times, maybe, please, ahem!

I don''t care what brand of straws you are using, SPat, but I''m going to cling onto them with every ounce of strength until I can cling on no longer!!!

We''ve scored more than Spurs, Southampton and Birmingham as well, so its fair to say we don''t have a major striker problem. I suppose we have a defensive issue though with the negative goal difference, and only Blackburn and WBA conceeding more.

Charlton haven''t had Man U yet, but they have played most of the teams we played. We picked up points in certain fixtures where they were hammered, but have ground out 4 wins - 3 of which by a single goal. Once we start picking up 3 points instead of 1, Norwich could be out of the relegation area for Christmas.

it certainly is a case of clinging this week. I felt depressed for the first time this season after Sat, but a win at Charlton and all will feel different. Maybe. I''d still like to see more of Safri, Mulryne, and Bentley......

I think the events of the past few weeks have led to people really finding out how they view football.

There are those who see Norwich''s predicament as being dire, awful and riddled with problems (''the cup is only half full'') and then there''s others who see the collection of eight well-earned points as a sign of a hard working but unfortunate side who can''t seem to buy a victory (''the cup is only half empty'').

My point is, the perception of the situation the team resides in now depends upon how you as an individual view the situation. If you look for negatives, then the negatives are there, if you look for positives, there are plenty of those too available. Each to their own ideals I say.

[quote]I think the events of the past few weeks have led to people really finding out how they view football. There are those who see Norwich''s predicament as being dire, awful and riddled with problems (''...[/quote]

Philosophical or what Anderz, and so very accurate.

It aptly confirms that it''s most sensible to address  the post themes than to attack the posters themselves.

Gorleston Jim: Guess I''m a philosophical kinda guy!?!? shame I''m studying Sociology then... I think you''ve also hit the nail on the head though, why there is the need to attack posters rather than debate is lost on me. A well thought out and well-versed reply is much more receptive to others than a hastily written plethora of diatribe. 

Debating = good discussion, Arguing = bad discussion.