Sign in to follow this  
Brian Gunns Hair

Lappin - What a Player and what a true Professional.

Lappin

Had a stormer of a game today and good on him. He took alot of C*** from Roeder but has repaid the faith that Bryan Gunn had in him by his performance today. Well done simon.

[:)]

Nearly every week something happens to show what a moron our previous manager was/is. He wouldn''t even give Lappin the time of day ley alone a game. Good on yer Simon !

Yes well done Simon Lappin, you''ve been treated like shit by Roeder by you''ve hung in there and kept your patience for our club and we respect you for that.

Hope he gets a new contract with us now.

Funny how half this board were slagging him off before Roeder even set foot in the place. Must say apart from a good delivery I never saw the tenacious side to his game that he apparently showed today. More please

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Nearly every week something happens to show what a moron our previous manager was/is. He wouldn''t even give Lappin the time of day ley alone a game. Good on yer Simon !

[/quote]

So very true Jim.

One word for Simon..........Inspirational.

[quote user="IBA"]Funny how half this board were slagging him off before Roeder even set foot in the place.

Must say apart from a good delivery I never saw the tenacious side to his game that he apparently showed today. More please
[/quote]

Got to say I agree with this... All I saw was a slow lightweight player albeit tidy and with a good delivery.

That said he has shown himself to be an absolute model professional. October 07 was his last game I believe and he has not made murmered one word of discontent in public to my memory. Hats off to the man he never deserved to be treated that way in the first place.

Theres one man standing tallest and he deserves that too, well done Lappin :) hope you play Saturday with an excellent reception and performance!

Says a lot about Roeder, I think most people on this board would agree that Lappin is a reasonable standard Championship player who will have the occasional Horlicks of  a game and the occasional one when everything goes right. For Roeder to so completely shut him out after, in reality, seeing very little of him, shows extremely poor judgement, and then to go on and waste a fortune in agents fees and wages etc. for loan players is an absolute disgrace.

Well done Simon and keep it up!

Have to say he has made it Very Very hard for Gunny to drop him now. I think he has booked his place for the rest of the season, and didn''t you think Lee had a good game too

I think it sends a message to every professional player who has to endure a to$$er of a manager like Roeder, stay focused, remain dignified, work hard and you will not only outlast the to$$pot but you will prove beyond all belief that a man like Roeder should never manage a football club above pub level ever again - amen!

I was at the game, and the two players who impressed me the most were Lappin and Lee. Lappin made a few duff passes, but so did players who''ve been in the team most of the season. He made several cracking tackles and looked dangerous.

[quote user="Brian Gunns Hair"]

Lappin

Had a stormer of a game today and good on him. He took alot of C*** from Roeder but has repaid the faith that Bryan Gunn had in him by his performance today. Well done simon.

[:)]

[/quote]

AbsabLO*DYLUTELY!

Considering that was his 1st start or even time on the pitch this season Lappin done very well. To be honest before the game I was wondering whether he was up to replacing Russel in the middle physically cause Lappins more of a skillful ball player but he proved me wrong big time. It was like a new player coming into the side!

He also made Roeders pis* poor decision making look even more ridiculous cause while we all know that Lappins not a great player he was far better than what Roedernowhere gave him credit for. Simply writing him off making him train with the kids while we saw an endless stream of cr*p loan players not as good as Lappin was despicable!

Lappin was put on the Roedernowhere but now hes off and ready to do his bit for the team!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]I think it sends a message to every professional player who has to endure a to$$er of a manager like Roeder, stay focused, remain dignified, work hard and you will not only outlast the to$$pot but you will prove beyond all belief that a man like Roeder should never manage a football club above pub level ever again - amen!
[/quote]

Your not wrong!

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

Hold my hands up i had writtten the guy off,on what i''ve listen to today great pro and i take my hat off.[Y]

[/quote]

Me too. I thought that he would be too lightweight in central midfield but it seems that he had a really good game. Apologies and well done, Simon.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Yes well done Simon Lappin, you''ve been treated like shit by Roeder by you''ve hung in there and kept your patience for our club and we respect you for that.

Hope he gets a new contract with us now.

[/quote]

new contract? really?

i went to the game today and he was really good. But would you not rather have money for more quality?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

So very true Jim.

One word for Simon..........Inspirational.

[/quote]

And one word for Roeder..................C*nt.

[quote user="Mook"]1 good game.
[/quote]

bit harsh mook.. Lappins had a few decent games for us.. luton away and Southampton at home spring to mind.. we''ve had worse players over the years than lappin and he''s a decent squad man.

jas :)

His performance today shows what a good professional he is but I''d be wary about heaping too much praise on him. We''re in the position we are today because we''ve signed too many average players like Simon Lappin.

Some of the people praising him are the same ones before the game that were asking if we remembered how poor he is. [:|]

The path back to the top is a long one and both Simon Lappin and Norwich have only just found it again.