Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

So what did Alan say to Franck?

It appears that apparently Alan said **** off back to France.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2009/03/23/birmingham-city-the-jibe-which-made-franck-queudrue-lose-his-temper-97319-23212070/

Did anyone see The Championship yesterday. Queudrue clearly says to Lee "Thats racist" He said it several times.

I thought he''d called him a garlic crunching surrender monkey by the way he lost his temper!

Yes, I thought he was calling him racist! I bet Lee called him a French ****!! I know racism can''t be condoned, but, I would like to see us being a little less nicey nice!

At last we have a player who ruffles a few feathers. Oh how it takes me back to the days of superb unsettling strikers like Peter Thorne and Chris Brown. Emotional.

[quote user="Beaker"]At last we have a player who ruffles a few feathers. Oh how it takes me back to the days of superb unsettling strikers like Peter Thorne and Chris Brown. Emotional.[/quote]But better as he unsettles the opposition!

"Queudrue, normally a mild-mannered soul, took great exception to the jibe, reared up and had to be restrained by his team-mates."Lol - Queudrue is far from being a mild-mannered soul! He has been involved in quite a few incidents down the years. I quote wikipedia:"However, French Franck as he is otherwise known, is also

recognised for his poor disciplinary record. His five yellow and three

red cards in the 2002–03 season contributed hugely to Middlesbrough

missing out on a place in the UEFA Cup through the fair play league"So Mr. Nice guy he is not.

It''s interesting how society and our liberal press deems everything in such black and white terms these days (no pun intended). "F*** off back to France" is hardly the Rivers of Blood speech, but Firey Franck is incensed. I hate to think how he copes with general dressing room banter.

Interestingly when he was at Middlesbrough, he was affectionately known to fans as "Franky Housewife" in reference to his penchant for post-training bedroom athletics with the married ladies of Teeside.

It seems morale indignation may have it''s shades of grey.

Absolutely can''t condone racism, and Lee has certainly been on the receiving end of plenty of this himself, (on this board last week, for example). Can''t help wondering at the Birmingham Mail''s description of Queudrue being a mild-mannered soul, though, when his Wikipedia (I know!) entry describes his poor disciplinary record playing a major part in preventing his then club, Middlesbrough going through into Europe, under fair play rules. How did he earn three red cards in one season?

As i intimated in another post on this, isn''t "**** off back to France" what the Palace fan said to Cantona?

Clearly it touches a nerve with our Gallic cousins!!

The Cantona incident was hilarious! Especially as the thug supporter claimed he only said "Unlucky Mr Cantona, looks like an early shower for you"!!

How can you guys condone this sort of behaviour at our club?  Isn''t telling someone to "**** off" a bookable offense regardless of whether "to france" is added?  We don''t need players getting sent off because they don''t like the players they''re up against.  The elbow was stupid enough.I don''t know how they do things at Palace and Ipswich, but Norwich should never condone cheats.

Isn''t it more xenophobic rather than racist? I''m not sure the French can be classed as a race.

[quote user="a1canary"]As i intimated in another post on this, isn''t "**** off back to France" what the Palace fan said to Cantona?

Clearly it touches a nerve with our Gallic cousins!![/quote]Probably because they know how much of a sh*t-hole their country is... I''d be offended if anyone ever told me I had to go there! [:P]

[quote user="Chrisr"]Isn''t it more xenophobic rather than racist? I''m not sure the French can be classed as a race.
[/quote]

Never heard of the "Tour de France"[;)]

[quote user="Chrisr"]Isn''t it more xenophobic rather than racist? I''m not sure the French can be classed as a race.
[/quote]

Do they even qualify as a species?

It makes you laugh. How can that be offensive? There''s too many people out there waiting to wave the racist stick at folks.

He should have taken the mick out of his poncy hair...or is that hairist?

I have to admit if i was in France and a froggy told me to ''f'' off back to England i wouldn''t be any more offended than if he had just told me to ''f'' off. "Go away" or "Go away back to the country where you live" what''s the difference? It supposedly implies that that country in question is somehow inferior but i don''t think anyone can realistically argue which of any developed nations is ''better'' than the next, or even any nation at all. It really is ''my dad''s better than your dad'' stuff and to call it racism is silly.

Can''t call France a s**t hole though - lovely country! And many would agree as shown by it being the most visited holiday destination in the world by a massive margin. Sorry, that''s my tourism degree coming through there - gotta try and use it where i can!

Have to agree completely with a1canary there.

Unfortunately after the Stephen Lawrence murder and inquiry, the law defined a racist incident as being an incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim....which is just utter sloblocks. It gives anyone the right to call anyone who annoys them a racist.

Also France is a lovely country, but to quote my Grandfather''s bit-on-the-side...."They''re all foriegn over there!" It''s full of French people.

[quote user="Jez"]How can you guys condone this sort of behaviour at our club?  Isn''t telling someone to "**** off" a bookable offense regardless of whether "to france" is added?  We don''t need players getting sent off because they don''t like the players they''re up against.  The elbow was stupid enough.I don''t know how they do things at Palace and Ipswich, but Norwich should never condone cheats.[/quote]I see where you''re coming from but there is a lot worse said on a football pitch than that. It''s just Quedrue is a whinging kn0b.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Some people really need to define racism
[/quote]

You need to read the posts. It''s Franck who said "that''s racist".

[quote user="ianboogie"]it looked like that franck called alan lee a f--ck--- twat[/quote]

He clearly said.."that''racist" I could tell I can lip read.

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[quote user="ianboogie"]it looked like that franck called alan lee a f--ck--- twat[/quote]

[/quote]

You can lip read in French?!

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"][quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[/quote]

You can lip read in French?!

[/quote]

Err. Yup He clearly said " Sacre bleu, zat iz racist you cochon"