Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

delias love for the fans

..she has put 11 million quid into norwich , not just for the football but for the love of the fans ? ....okay !!!

for god sake no-one tell her about the pinkun site !!! , if she read some of the threads she may fall out of love !!!

im certainly not going to knock the woman for putting the money into this club ,

but we need alot more cash .... cheers delia if you love us so much ,!! you know it makes sense.

[quote user="singing canary"]

..she has put 11 million quid into norwich , not just for the football but for the love of the fans ? ....okay !!!

for god sake no-one tell her about the pinkun site !!! , if she read some of the threads she may fall out of love !!!

im certainly not going to knock the woman for putting the money into this club ,

but we need alot more cash .... cheers delia if you love us so much ,!! you know it makes sense.

[/quote]

And how much of this 11 million has been in the form of loans and when is has come to payback she has taken it in the form of shares.It could just be the reason her and MWJ have 357,000 of them which has given them such a stranglehold on the club.

Yes it is open to discussion how much these shares are currently worth.If you buy unissued shares from the club you will be charged 30 quid each which in the current climate is stupid but if Delia is prepared to sell her stake for say 10 quid each work the sums out for yourself.

Obviously she would like the full 30 qiud so that would nearly cover the 11 million you are talking about.

Smell the coffee Singing canary.

So City start to pick up points and Ms Slyness crawls out from under her rock.

Yesterday, I foolishly said that if Doncaster was removed, I would try, try and tolerate her, well sod that! I near damn choked over brekkie reading her crap this morning.

Me tolerate her? despise her would be a more accurate description of my true feelings towards her!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Yesterday, I foolishly said that if Doncaster was removed, I would try, try and tolerate her, well sod that! I near damn choked over brekkie reading her crap this morning.

Me tolerate her? despise her would be a more accurate description of my true feelings towards her!

[/quote]took the word out of my mouth....WIZ[Y]

[/quote]

Despise her??  You really are a pathetic excuse for a human being First Wizard.  I dont feel that she is the right person to take Norwich forward and she may have taken unpolopular decisions, but let''s get a little perspective please!

[quote user="Libbra Lives"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Despise her??  You really are a pathetic excuse for a human being First Wizard.  I dont feel that she is the right person to take Norwich forward and she may have taken unpolopular decisions, but let''s get a little perspective please!

[/quote]

Lol......sorry, you make me laugh.

I actually toned it down too![:D]

[/quote]

lol now you see why I would never, ever forgive her and the board.  Welcome to my world [:)]

She certainly does provoke strong sentiments in all - like the marmite of the boardroom!

I am still proud that whatever her other failings as a board member, I feel she is a real fan who loves the club unlike some of these here foreign owners.  Last thing I would want is some oil guzzling sheik coming over here and throwing £50m at the club to sign players and turning our club into a Prem team overnight.

Whatever would we moan about then!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

lol now you see why I would never, ever forgive her and the board.  Welcome to my world [:)]

[/quote]

Childish of me I know 49, but I''ve actually burnt the offending EDP page now, and yes, it felt good to see it burn![:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Childish of me I know 49, but I''ve actually burnt the offending EDP page now, and yes, it felt good to see it burn![:D]

[/quote]

LMFAO mate, yew make i larfffffffff

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

And how much of this 11 million has been in the form of loans and when is has come to payback she has taken it in the form of shares.It could just be the reason her and MWJ have 357,000 of them which has given them such a stranglehold on the club.

Yes it is open to discussion how much these shares are currently worth.If you buy unissued shares from the club you will be charged 30 quid each which in the current climate is stupid but if Delia is prepared to sell her stake for say 10 quid each work the sums out for yourself.

Obviously she would like the full 30 qiud so that would nearly cover the 11 million you are talking about.

[/quote]

It''s an interesting conundrum isn''t it Tilly? On one hand you get the greedy old witch who has turned 11m into 357,000 shares which, as you rightly say, would bring her nearly 11m back if they were sold at £30 each. And on the other hand we have a generous club and community loving fan who continually states to anyone who will listen that "we knew we would never see any of that money again."

Which hand smells of coffee?

Which hand smells of coffee ?  Thinking back to Gareth Hunt in his Nescafe prime, wasn''t it the left one ?  Might have been the right actually.  Damn - now there''s a conundrum.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

It''s an interesting conundrum isn''t it Tilly? On one hand you get the greedy old witch who has turned 11m into 357,000 shares which, as you rightly say, would bring her nearly 11m back if they were sold at £30 each. And on the other hand we have a generous club and community loving fan who continually states to anyone who will listen that "we knew we would never see any of that money again."

[/quote]

I still have not seen evidence of 11mil input. In fact most informed guesses state a lot less.

The value of Chases shares for a start.

Secondly, if you read it, she says, and I repeat, a RETURN on her investment NOT the return of her investment.

Don''t doubt she is a well meaning fan, who has used her wealth to play subuteo with a real football team. Good for her but someone must point out soon that we are now playing football in a digital world these days.[:D]

So at this stage neither hand is smelling of coffee as far as I can tell, she is still sleeping well waiting for someone to wake her with a big kiss (hope for her sake it''s not DDD)

Whenever I see a footballing interview with Delia it always reminds me of when the Beckhams used to do talk shows and the interviewer would ask Victoria about football. David would sit there squirming and you''d know whatever was about to come out of her mouth was going to be horrendously cringe-inducing, yet you were never quite prepared for how bad it would be.

I think Delia is genuine, she''s just got very limited media sense for someone with the public persona she has. I do pray someone hides the microphone next time she decides to mount a pitch invasion though. Catherine Tate''s cockney nan comes to mind.

"''Ello Darlin''s... woss all this s***??? I can''t ''ere a f****** thing att ''ere. I mean, I ain''t got me ''earin aid in, but still.... Loada s***!!!!! Ta ta Darlin''s"

I am not sure she is quite as deluded as everyone thinks.

Given her absence from the stands think it is fair to say she has a decent understanding of the level of vitriol amongst the fanbase and think that the instruction of Keith Harris and Orvil shows she recognises that they cannot take the club further and the mistakes they have made re Grant + Roeder etc have made their posisitons all but untenable.

However I would be more interested in bringing someone in to run the club whilst retaining Delia as Chairwoman to avoid paying for her shares.  Given that she has the clubs best interest at heart think she would listen to someone with strong football pedigree on the board rather than the lawyers and PR people we have now. 

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I still have not seen evidence of 11mil input. In fact most informed guesses state a lot less.

Secondly, if you read it, she says, and I repeat, a RETURN on her investment NOT the return of her investment.

Don''t doubt she is a well meaning fan, who has used her wealth to play subuteo with a real football team. Good for her but someone must point out soon that we are now playing football in a digital world these days.[:D]

So at this stage neither hand is smelling of coffee as far as I can tell, she is still sleeping well waiting for someone to wake her with a big kiss (hope for her sake it''s not DDD)

[/quote]

"I think to date it could be 11," she said when asked how many millions she and her husband have spent. And she stressed they felt it was millions well spent.

"It wasn''t all given in one go, it was sort of trickles and trickles and trickles," she said.
"But we knew we would never see any of that money again. And we are looking that straight in the eye and not bothering, because it is only money - and it isn''t just the game, it''s the whole community aspect of it and the supporter aspect of it.

"I think probably I have fallen in love with the supporters just as much as I have with the game and therefore it''s kind of for them, really."

Now if these are lies then for goodness sake somone go to the press and refute it. Do something about it. Chase never lied like this and we got him out. Worthy laid the truth before us but we didn''t like it so we got him out too. Stop worrying about Doomcaster and take out the lying old trout.

But, of course, if it''s true..............................................

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Given her absence from the stands think it is fair to say she has a decent understanding of the level of vitriol amongst the fanbase and think that the instruction of Keith Harris and Orvil shows she recognises that they cannot take the club further and the mistakes they have made re Grant + Roeder etc have made their posisitons all but untenable.

However I would be more interested in bringing someone in to run the club whilst retaining Delia as Chairwoman to avoid paying for her shares.  Given that she has the clubs best interest at heart think she would listen to someone with strong football pedigree on the board rather than the lawyers and PR people we have now. 

[/quote]

What absence from the stands?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"I think to date it could be 11," she said when asked how many millions she and her husband have spent. And she stressed they felt it was millions well spent.

"It wasn''t all given in one go, it was sort of trickles and trickles and trickles," she said.
"But we knew we would never see any of that money again. And we are looking that straight in the eye and not bothering, because it is only money - and it isn''t just the game, it''s the whole community aspect of it and the supporter aspect of it.

"I think probably I have fallen in love with the supporters just as much as I have with the game and therefore it''s kind of for them, really."

Now if these are lies then for goodness sake somone go to the press and refute it. Do something about it. Chase never lied like this and we got him out. Worthy laid the truth before us but we didn''t like it so we got him out too. Stop worrying about Doomcaster and take out the lying old trout.

But, of course, if it''s true..............................................

[/quote]

I think to date IT COULD BE, not a definite statement. So no evidence there then.

NFA you had the figures the other day (on a post somewhere) taken from the accounts.

Can you confirm or otherwise?

i do smell the coffee .... i never said i didnt !

i never even went dont the lines of mentioning shares ,

if we go down they will be worth less , she wont sell unless she gets what she wants for the club , neither will she give it away .

spend more gain more , if they had not have taken the risks of roeder and grant , with the money both of them wasted on players who were not fit for purpose, then the club would have been in a heathier state regarding players , and not wasting money on players as we have over the last few seasons .

they have themselves to blame for not getting out what they put in , and making some stupid moves and decisions .

the share value depends on what state the club is in , and what division its in .value of players and of the club.

if you make wild decisions then it could hit you financially .

No but it''s certainly trying to mislead the fans and there''s also no doubt that she said doesn''t expect to see any of that money again. If these statements are lies then why aren''t they challenged? Chase would never have got away with it. Neither would Worthy. How about if Doncaster had done this interview?

There was no evidence there when the "where''s all the money gone campaign" was launched at Big Bob. Still no evidence against him all these years later.

Please could anybody explain how you ''pump'' £11m  over 12 years?Perhaps Tilly could do an interview on how fans have ''pumped'' more than that over the recent years and ended up with a relegation dog fight.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

What absence from the stands?

[/quote]

Printing error....."Abcess in the stands''.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No but it''s certainly trying to mislead the fans and there''s also no doubt that she said doesn''t expect to see any of that money again. If these statements are lies then why aren''t they challenged? Chase would never have got away with it. Neither would Worthy. How about if Doncaster had done this interview?

There was no evidence there when the "where''s all the money gone campaign" was launched at Big Bob. Still no evidence against him all these years later.

[/quote]

Lots of differences Bob didn''t have the stranglehold on the club that these two have for a start.

Fueled agression to Chase seemingly didn''t need evidence,mobs rarely do and yes it did turn into mob rule and individual threats.

Times have changed as you keep telling me Nutty, football in all it''s guises has changed. If you are going to shout about misleading statements you will need hard evidence to back it, the EDP would certainly not print without it!

Our house trained accountants on here should be able to come up with figures of their input of cash( I am sure TFA has)

Then and only then can fingers be firmly pointed.

Oh and please don''t keep dragging poor old Worthy into every argument, it''s time he was allowed his retirement in Ireland[;)]

1. I agree the £11m is a touch excessive from the facts i have seen as that appears to be based on valuing the shares at £30 when she bought the majority of them for a lot less.

2. This I don''t expect to see ANY of the money again is consistent with earlier statements about "i will walk away for nothing" or "if any idiot wants to put £20m into the club i will stand aside." This is not the first time she has publically said this sort of thing. Surely there must be some decent local journo at the EDP that can get some clarification on this point because its pretty damn crucial in terms of how attractive the club might be to potential investors!