Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

next season surviving members

given that we need at least 22 players in the squad next year, how many of the current crop will fit in?

Marshall

Maybe semmy if he can keep his last 2 games of form going

Drury Seems to be a mainstay

Doc

Hope we resign shacks

Stefanovic should stay

Hoolahan

Hopeful gow signs on

Croft will hopefully sign

Spillane sounds useful

Clingan will probs go

Hopefully lappin''s back in the fold

Mcdonald and martin will maybe be more involved

I think that 2 strikers and big attacking mf are much needed and maybe a winger. If clingan goes, a cm is essential and if we don''t get shacks, a cb is essential. Looks an easier job than this time last year

Marhsall, Rudd (Nelson will leave)Semmy, Doc, Stefanovic, Shacks (re-singed), Drury, BertrandCroft, Rusty, Patty, Spillane, HoolahanMacdonald, Gow (sign him), Martin, Cortthats only 17, few acadamy players like Smith, Adeami(sp), Renton, will have to sign a few players, and keep patty, even if Gunn dosnt want to play him

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]given that we need at least 22 players in the squad next year, how many of the current crop will fit in?

Marshall

Maybe semmy if he can keep his last 2 games of form going

Drury Seems to be a mainstay

Doc

Hope we resign shacks

Stefanovic should stay

Hoolahan

Hopeful gow signs on

Croft will hopefully sign

Spillane sounds useful

Clingan will probs go

Hopefully lappin''s back in the fold

Mcdonald and martin will maybe be more involved

I think that 2 strikers and big attacking mf are much needed and maybe a winger. If clingan goes, a cm is essential and if we don''t get shacks, a cb is essential. Looks an easier job than this time last year[/quote]A lot will depend on whether we retain our Championship status or not but I would expect a big cut in the player budget regardless of our status, with the highest paid squad members likely to leave.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Impossible question to answer, I would think, until you know which League you will be playing in.

[/quote]Championship obviously, were not getting relegated :D

I wonder about Bertrand. Is he any closer to getting games at Chelski? He seems to have been here for ever, and now that Butterfield has got the back line stable, Betrand seems to have got his spark back. Is there a limit to how many seasons a player can come to a club?

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Impossible question to answer, I would think, until you know which League you will be playing in.

[/quote]

Championship obviously, were not getting relegated :D
[/quote]

I share your optimism.  No doubt it will be a rough ride but I think you''ll make it.

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I wonder about Bertrand. Is he any closer to getting games at Chelski? He seems to have been here for ever, and now that Butterfield has got the back line stable, Betrand seems to have got his spark back. Is there a limit to how many seasons a player can come to a club?[/quote]

If he was for sale, the big question would be, how much would he cost? Could we afford him?

(OK, technically that''s 2 questions)

oh Chelsea will get board and give him to us, they dont want him, the can buy a better LB, he will never be as good as Ashley Cole, or Evra, Or any other LB, and Chelsea can prob replace him

Bertrand will never be a left back of the quality that Chelsea require. This doesn''t mean he wouldn''t fit our purposes beautifully. 250k?

Think Chelsea would want more than £250k for Bertrand, possibly as much as 10x that. Whilst they do not exactly need the money think they will want to get recompense for the years of training etc they have given him.

Does anyone know when his club contract is up?

I''d be very suprised if Chelsea would want £2m for him in the current climate. Although he has potential he''s unproven in the Premier League and has been playing for a struggling Championship team for almost 2 years. I think the asking price would be a million tops

I wonder how this would fit together regarding Bertrandhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gillingham/4424256.stmAt the time, Chelsea must have rated him highly. 

There could be plenty of players available in the summer for free. There was a piece in the Mirror yesterday claiming that a lot of footballers might end up on the dole, having been released from struggling Championship sides.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Marhsall, Rudd (Nelson will leave)
Semmy, Doc, Stefanovic, Shacks (re-singed), Drury, Bertrand
Croft, Rusty, Patty, Spillane, Hoolahan
Macdonald, Gow (sign him), Martin, Cort

thats only 17, few acadamy players like Smith, Adeami(sp), Renton, will have to sign a few players, and keep patty, even if Gunn dosnt want to play him
[/quote]

Patty won''t be here next year.