Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Article on Cort missing remainder of the season

Having read this, nothing is mentioned of him "possibly having his Norwich career ended prematurely by injury" seeing as he only has a contract until the end of the season.Does this mean perhaps he will be offered a deal for the next twelve months at least? I hope so, he''s a good squad player to have at this level and offers plenty when at full fitness.

I agree, I''d like to see him get another chance. I''d have to say that at times during his spell here he''s looked like the only player who actually gives a care in the world about the shirt. He''s not the best, but he''s no slouch either. It''s a shame his foot is scuzzed up but if he can battle back from a knee injury then I''m sure he can get over this. At the very least he''d make a good squad player for the next season.

[quote user="Superflash"]I agree, I''d like to see him get another chance. I''d have to say that at times during his spell here he''s looked like the only player who actually gives a care in the world about the shirt. He''s not the best, but he''s no slouch either. It''s a shame his foot is scuzzed up but if he can battle back from a knee injury then I''m sure he can get over this. At the very least he''d make a good squad player for the next season.

[/quote]Agreed, we should offer Cort another year on the same pay as you play contract. Hopefully a full pre-season of training will bring him up to a decent level of fitness and give us another attacking option for next season, assuming he stays relatively injury free of course.

Fully agree. I can''t believe some of the stick he''s had on here when its clear that the lad has played through a lot of pain and given his all. He''s an honest lad who could do a really good job as a squad layer, and has more than earned the right. I know someone who has had a bursa and they are no joke, believe me. If he''s played with that for weeks he''s really suffered.

He definitely deserves another season at pay as you play if he is happy with this.

I also think having him for the whole summer will enable us to see him as fit as he is going to get and then make a decision.

It would not bother me if he didn''t sign to be honest. He has trouble with his fitness which has shown up again in the few games he has been with us and although he has some good atributes I think it''s clear how much better we play with mobile front players.

[quote user="we8wba"]

Sick Note injured again. No real shock there.

Ditch him, he done his job for few games for you!

[/quote]

Get stuffed.

[quote user="First Wizard"]We don''t owe Cort a living surely? we should make a huge effort to get Lee in on a permanent basis.[/quote]

Agreed on both points Wiz, but Cort did well while fit,has played through pain for the cause and a bursa is hardly indicative of poor fitness and can happen to anyone, so I think he''s earned another pay as you play contract.

I wouldn''t be averse to him staying for another season, provided he comes at the right price, of course. He''s not a bad target man and is a good height, something we''ve been lacking at times.

[quote user="First Wizard"]We don''t owe Cort a living surely? we should make a huge effort to get Lee in on a permanent basis.[/quote]

You say this, but you can''t deny the effort Cort has put in. I''d go as far to say he''s given just as much to the cause as Cureton has in terms of effort. I won''t get into a debate about their respective qualities as players but in terms of effort alone I''d say the lad has earned a new deal.

I too would like the guy to be given another season ... no-one can deny that a fully fit Carl Cort would be a real asset to the club. I guess the question remains as to whether the fella''s knee is ever going to be be stable enough to let him have one final crack at it ... but let''s hope with a good, injury-free pre-season behind him it will.

Some have moaned of his lack of mobility but, in difficult circumstances (and whilst carrying another injury we now learn), I think he''s done a decent job for us.

I too would like the guy to be given another season ... no-one can deny that a fully fit Carl Cort would be a real asset to the club. I guess the question remains as to whether the fella''s knee is ever going to be be stable enough to let him have one final crack at it ... but let''s hope with a good, injury-free pre-season behind him it will.

Some have moaned of his lack of mobility but, in difficult circumstances (and whilst carrying another injury we now learn), I think he''s done a decent job for us.

the one problem is when was the last time carl cort was fully fit for a long period (3months + ) i would hazard a guess it would been the year you was in the premier and wolves was in their first season in this league again!

if its on pay as you play deal then fair enough you cant lose really. But personally i wouldnt be offering him even a year deal

[quote user="we8wba"]

the one problem is when was the last time carl cort was fully fit for a long period (3months + ) i would hazard a guess it would been the year you was in the premier and wolves was in their first season in this league again!

if its on pay as you play deal then fair enough you cant lose really. But personally i wouldnt be offering him even a year deal

[/quote]i he gets crocked or doesnt provide and gets dropped then fair enough.  he wont get paidso we wont lose anything. i think he has something to add. he should of had 3/4 goals in the games he has played and i like the idea of him in the box and lappin whipping the ball into him.i think he could score a few that way.

12 months on a pay as you play deal, and everyones a winner. Time for Norwich to tighten the belt and start being a bit ruthless. I`ve seen him a couple of times this season and he has looked distinctly tired and uninterested. We need to look for young hungry talent. Having said that if we don`t manage to sign Mooney or Lee over the summer then we will have no target men and that has cost us dear earlier on in the season