Sign in to follow this  
Grant Taylor

shackell ?

i think he was pushed out the door by roeder , but depends if we have the cash , i would be happy to see him back here full time , i think he still will improve further .

I think there''ll be sell on clauses in his deal to be honest. Plus if Wolves go up i think they''ll want him off the books. Shouldn''t be more than 500k IMO.

Am I being cynical in my thinking that the only reason Shacks is playing the best football of his career is to get back into the Wolves side? They will be playing Premiership football next season & he will be desperate to be part of that!!

The last thing Wolves want in the Prem are players high on their wage bill who won''t get games.For financial reasons, and the disruption and guilt of holding back Shackell from making a career for himself, Wolves would be happy to let him go, and i imagine at a severely reduced price from that of which they bought him for.

Wolves wont want to make a loss !!! you having a laugh, if they get promoted dont  you think they will have 52 million other losses to worry about . Me thinks the money they have paid so far will be around 200,000 . think they will call it quits

i guess it does depend on what norwich have recieved for him , i really doubt they have the full million quid  yet .

i would take him back ... i certainly dont think hes faulty goods!!!..

[quote user="delboycanary"]Wolves wont want to make a loss !!! you having a laugh, if they get promoted dont  you think they will have 52 million other losses to worry about . Me thinks the money they have paid so far will be around 200,000 . think they will call it quits[/quote]

they will get enough from the prem tv rights to cover shacks loss, we may even get him on a free!

Apparently, Wolves haven''t paid us all of the money as of yet, so we could just say to forget about paying the rest and we will have Shackell back. I think we willsign him. If he doesn''t get in the Wolves team while they are in the Championship, thenhe will not get into their team while they are in the Premiership.

We need to re-sign him - or sign ANO who is as good. Recent results AND more importantly, performances, have demonstrated that. Unless Cody Mac has a mate he can recommend for another £25k, we may need to think in terms of at least £1m for such a key player. However his wages at the time - and required wages - will influence the actual transfer fee even more next season.

[quote user="lynn canary"]Apparently, Wolves haven''t paid us all of the money as of yet, so we could just say to forget about paying the rest and we will have Shackell back. I think we willsign him. If he doesn''t get in the Wolves team while they are in the Championship, thenhe will not get into their team while they are in the Premiership.[/quote]It will probably be a similar situation to when we got Russell back from Stoke cheaper than their asking price, due to a 30% sell on clause we had put in the original sale.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]I thought we turned down £1M and then had to go back a few weeks later, cap in hand, and only got about £300k[/quote]LOL

Somebody might want to ask Mr Shackell himself. If he has a three year contract which probably includes a pay rise with promotion to the Prem, it might be his only chance to have a couple of years on really good money.

Mark .Y.

Fair point but if he is not getting in the team will not be making much.  With regular football he can get appearance bonuses etc.

I would not be surprised if we had sell on clauses and promotion clauses in the deal that took him to Wolves which could severely reduce the cost of getting him back if waived.

However still think he will be on at least 10K a week there and cannot see us paying him much more than he was on here previously - will he take the pay cut?