Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Player of the Year

So 40 games gone, the talk of player of year will soon start if not already. Who is it going to be - for me there are three possible four candidates

Doc

Croft

Clingan

Marshall - (has made mistakes - but also some key saves, and ever present for the 2nd season in a row)

My vote would go for Clinkers!

Two more awards this year

- Doughnut of the season (no need to guess who will win DS / MJW / GR)

- Worst Loanee (too many to choose)

player-clingan, i think doc deserves it more, but player of the season may tip the balance for clingan when fulham come back.

doughnut-semi though he has been better last 2 games

worst loanee-koroma did he exist or was he just a myth?

[quote user="go-on-gunny"]

player-clingan, i think doc deserves it more, but player of the season may tip the balance for clingan when fulham come back.

doughnut-semi though he has been better last 2 games

worst loanee-koroma did he exist or was he just a myth?

[/quote]koroma played more than archie hen.

Player - Sammy Clingan

Doughnut - Jamie Cureton for quite a few big chances missed (Maybe harsh i dont know but they have been chances which could have us in a healthier position if taken)

Worst Loan - Chris Killen

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="missing in action"]

worst loanee- archibald henville

[/quote]

Poor guy, didnt play a single minute!!

[/quote]exactly. the worst choice because he cost us and didnt play, id of said killen otherwise.

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]

Player - Sammy Clingan

Doughnut - Jamie Cureton for quite a few big chances missed (Maybe harsh i dont know but they have been chances which could have us in a healthier position if taken)

Worst Loan - Chris Killen

[/quote]

Killen did ok when he briefly appeared. The reason he left was because he considered substitute football pointless and Gunn wasnt prepared to offer him first team football.

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="cityangel"]Clingan or Doc for me, don''t mind which one.[/quote]

And Hucks next season? [;)]
[/quote]

Oy you, you''re going to make us go off topic again [:)]

Also wouldn''t mind if Crofty got it, hard choice this year, Clingan, Doc or Croft

[quote user="cityangel"]

Also wouldn''t mind if Crofty got it, hard choice this year, Clingan, Doc or Croft

[/quote]By far and large the best three players this season,  and they will make up the 3 places imo.

Doherty and Croft are the 2 that stand out, in my opinion. For consistently good performances throughout the season and a real committment to the cause.

Sammy Clingan would be up there in 3rd place and someway ahead of whoever would be in 4th. But he''s had a few games when he hasn''t really done enough, which is a shame because he''s a class act.

Bang on - Croft for sheer guts and determination (if only his crossing was better) and Doherty for his proof that if you keep at it even the boo boys will realise you are quite good. 

Player of the season - Hoolihan - never once has he hidden and not wanted the ball and tried to do something constructive with it.

Clinghan - coming back to his best at the right time after a slump in form after the January window

Docherty - Very steady and will always put his body on the line when needed

Donut - Roeder by an absolute mile

Worst loanee - Shackell (see above) should never have been a loanee simple as that.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Player of the season - Hoolihan - never once has he hidden and not wanted the ball and tried to do something constructive with it.

Clinghan - coming back to his best at the right time after a slump in form after the January window

Worst loanee - Shackell (see above) should never have been a loanee simple as that.

[/quote]

I don''t want to be pedantic (well, I do, otherwise I wouldn''t be posting this [:)]) but it''s quite impressive that you''ve managed to spell the names of all three of Hoolahan, Clingan and Doherty wrong!

I''d be tempted to give it to the Doc because people on here have given him so nuch sh*t, but I think there''s something in the idea that if we vote for Sammy he might stay next year. The way he ran over to us after he scored yesterday showed he cares, and appreciates the fans. I thought it was also interesting how well we played despite Crofty not being there.I suppose you could argue we would have done even better if he had been there, but maybe it wouldn''t be the end of the world if he left.

Player - Croft

Doughnut - Glenn ****** Roeder

Worst Loanee - Sibierski - would have cost us fr more than any of the others, and really was a waste of space.

1. Doherty - performed well and always amongst the top 2 performers on the pitch since his return.  Has the one thing that no other player has been able to give us this season - consistency whether facing Wolves or Doncaster.  Comfortably ahead of
  2. Croft - for sheer effort.   If he could cross to a city player and add some consistent quality that the tahn goal then he would have walked it this season  well clear of
  3. Clingan;  epitomises citys season,  can look so awesome and can dominate a game,  and a take an excellent free kick,  but like so many other players had too many off days to deserve POTS - a season is 46 games long - not just the games against the big boys.

Croft for showing the pride in the shirt

Clingan 2nd, Doc 3rd.

Roeder is the doughnut, and Archibald-Henville has to be the worst loan decision ever (he can''t be the worst loan player because we never saw the poor bloke!).

Doc for me by some distance.

There were times this season when I felt he was the only defender putting a shift in, having to cover across for whatever numpty he was playing alongside half the time. It''s so noticable that since Shacks has come back he is able to concentrate on his own game at last.  

I know NCFC do a fan of the year, and obviously player of the year.

But they should actually do awards.

West Ham do a young player of the year, it may be a patt on the back - but sometimes this can be a good morale boost - especially at a young age. I don''t think anyone would disagree at the contribution Rudd has made for the youth team.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

I don''t want to be pedantic (well, I do, otherwise I wouldn''t be posting this [:)]) but it''s quite impressive that you''ve managed to spell the names of all three of Hoolahan, Clingan and Doherty wrong!

I''d be tempted to give it to the Doc because people on here have given him so nuch sh*t, but I think there''s something in the idea that if we vote for Sammy he might stay next year. The way he ran over to us after he scored yesterday showed he cares, and appreciates the fans. I thought it was also interesting how well we played despite Crofty not being there.I suppose you could argue we would have done even better if he had been there, but maybe it wouldn''t be the end of the world if he left.

[/quote]

I don''t want to be pedantic (well, I do, otherwise I wouldn''t be posting this) but you have spelt MUCH wrong!!

Sorry I couldn''t resist.

Player of the season is between Croft and Klingon. I''d go for Klingon personally because it looks like Tyrone is jumping ship at the end of the season and I''m spiteful like that.

Doughnut of the year can only go to Roeder; I''ve never hated an employee of this club before (and hopefully never will again) until he came along.

Worst loanee? Blimey. I think Troy is exempt because Roeder''s award covers that. So I''ll give it to Koroma.

Jamie Lad gets the banjo award, Lita gets the best loanee award, Croft gets the most improved player award and Chris gets a gold star for trying hard at his spelling.

Doherty, Croft and Clingan, in that order. Not much in it though.Worst loanee? Chris sodding Killen for being so spectacularly ineffective in a handful of sub appearances and looking a complete donkey against the might of Barnet reserves before being sent back to Celtic.Doughnut of the season? I really like the mini chocolate ones Sainsbury''s do. Think you get about thirty in a box. Dangerously addictive.

[quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t want to be pedantic (well, I do, otherwise I wouldn''t be posting this) but you have spelt MUCH wrong!!

Sorry I couldn''t resist.

[/quote]Ouch!!!