Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Where are you all based?

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

[quote user="obiwancanary"]Swindon now - having lived in Reading for ten years. (incidentally I will be running the Reading half marathon this weekend in my Norwich Top so for all of the Reading based supporters on here please feel free to give me some encouragement!)[/quote]

I am doing the Reading Half as well so will keep an eye out for you. [:D]

[/quote]

I didn''t realise it was so early in the year, i might schedule it for next year, how popular is it? I''ve run 2 HMs and will do more this year. What times are you aimining for, or is it just about finishing? Good luck.

Currently living near Heathrow Airport, West London. However, was once a resident of the fine city Norwich, just down the hill from Haymarket.

High Wycombe - originate from a village near Swaffham, joined the forces and never got back to live in Norfolk. I know of 5 families of NCFC supporters round here - get to 3 or 4 home games each season, but 13 or 14 away games. Have family in Taverham and Naarwich, get back a few weekends each year (always when its a home game!!)

Finchampstead, just south of Wokingham [:)]I was born & bred in Norwich - went to Heartsease infant & middle and then Hewett schools and many year later went to City College. Had to move down south when I was 28 to get a job after being made redundant 3 times in 5 years (Beaver Machine Tools (no longer exists), Laurence Scott & Centec Engineering (no longer exists)). Been down here 13 years now and can''t see myself moving back until it''s retirement time though hopefully I''ll be living in Carribbean by then LOL [:D]

Chester le Street,Co Durham.Been in the North East for 28 yrs and still wear my Norwich colours with pride.Lookin forward to returnin back to Norfolk in 5 yrs following retirement.

[quote user="Aurelius"]I live very close to Venice.
I have to admit that when I go to run on the river banks or to play five-a-side football with one of my Norwich kits, people look at me as if I was an extraterrestrial. But I feel like  a missionary, having  made a group of  fellow-citizens and fellow country-men to discover the faith for the Canaries...
[/quote]

Well done you, spread the word [:D][Y]

[quote user="Mushroom"]Bishops Stortford, Herts - loads of us here so it seems, tend to see a few go to Stortford''s home games when I''m not at the Carra.
[/quote]

Going to Bishop''s Stortford today!

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

[quote user="obiwancanary"]Swindon now - having lived in Reading for ten years. (incidentally I will be running the Reading half marathon this weekend in my Norwich Top so for all of the Reading based supporters on here please feel free to give me some encouragement!)[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t realise it was so early in the year, i might schedule it for next year, how popular is it? I''ve run 2 HMs and will do more this year. What times are you aimining for, or is it just about finishing? Good luck.

[/quote]

Reading is always a popular one, usually it fills up as it is considered a decent pre London Marathon training run. This is the first year I have entered this one but have been told it is a good race, timewise I am looking to get as close to the 2 hour mark as I can - I am training for the Stratford upon Avon Marathon and also did the Bisham Half last weekend, hoping legs have recovered in time for Reading!!! [:D] Which other Half''s have you done??

[quote user="Lazza"]Finchampstead, just south of Wokingham [:)]

[/quote]

Think there must be about 100 of us in the Ascot - Bracknell - Wokingham - Reading corridor!

I didn''t expect to see that The canaries had so many fans alla round the world!

The Norwich based life-long supporters should be proud of this, and the foreign fans should be proud to have chosen a small, nice, familiar, traditional club instead of one of the top teams, thus showing to be really passionate and not glory-hunters supporters.

[quote user="Herman "]Welwyn Garden City,Herts. It''s a bit like one of the footballers WAGS; Pretty to look at but dull as ditchwater![/quote]

Herman - I work in Welwyn Garden City 3 days per week, I reside at the ''Stanborough'' Premier Inn during the week.  Work down Broadwater Road.

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

Elstree, Herts. with all the pretend Cockerknees.

Born in Redenhall, so a Norfolk boy

[/quote]

Borehamwood site, or the posh side?

A hop skip and jump from the ground.

I hop along White Horse Lane,

Skip up Bracondale,

and coast down King St before jumping into my seat in the Upper River End.

Phew!! knckered just thinking about it.

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Reading is always a popular one, usually it fills up as it is considered a decent pre London Marathon training run. This is the first year I have entered this one but have been told it is a good race, timewise I am looking to get as close to the 2 hour mark as I can - I am training for the Stratford upon Avon Marathon and also did the Bisham Half last weekend, hoping legs have recovered in time for Reading!!! [:D] Which other Half''s have you done??

[/quote]

This is my first and I am aiming for around 2hr15. I think there are about 17,000 running this year. Berkshire are you going to be wearing your Norwich top too?

Tynemouth. Been here for 20 odd years. Wear the shirt regularly. A lot of the geordies still say "Aye, didn''t you beat the mackems at Wembley in ''85?"

And yes, I was there. A regular on the Barclay in the 80s