Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Oh My God! Roeder's Such An Idiot!!!

Well, people can argue all they like about Roeder being a good or bad manager but surely in football management, you''re as good as your results. Yes, he kept us up 1st season but 2nd season, we were heading back down again. That pattern seems to have been repeated at the other clubs he was at too, so in my opinion, a bad manager.

Again, I''m not sure you''re right, lBA. Arsene thinks Groeder is a decent scout but nothing more. And I''d be inclined to agree. He is a decent scout, as well as a chuff coach and substandard manager.

Some people like to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.  Nobody with any semblance of football knowledge thinks Roeder is a great manager.

Arsene Wenger

Looks like GeeBee gotcha on that one. Nice try, though. As a manager, Roeder doesn''t know his arse-end from his elbow, at least in the 2nd season with any club.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Some people like to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.  Nobody with any semblance of football knowledge thinks Roeder is a great manager.Arsene Wenger

Looks like GeeBee gotcha on that one. Nice try, though. As a manager, Roeder doesn''t know his arse-end from his elbow, at least in the 2nd season with any club.

[/quote]Roeder is a fine talent spotter nothing more. You cant be a great manager if you cant manage your men so to speak.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Some people like to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.  Nobody with any semblance of football knowledge thinks Roeder is a great manager.Arsene Wenger

[/quote]Roeder is a fine talent spotter nothing more. You cant be a great manager if you cant manage your men so to speak.[/quote]Certainly had his winners - Evans, Taylor, Lita, Bertrand, Hoolahan and Clingan. But then there was Velasco, Troy Archibald-whatshisname, Eagle, - plus Shackell and Lappin. And his decision to make Fotheringham captain was arguably as unfair on Fotheringham as it was on the club, so I''m not sure about him being a great talent spotter. Overall he DID improve the squad - but as you say he was never able to make them play for him to their full potential.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Ginger Pele"]what was Cave-Brown like, i though i saw him in a reserve game or two, and thought he was good, why did he leave, couldnt have done worse than semmy
[/quote]

A bit harsh, I don''t think Semmy has been great this year, but then neither has Bertrand.
[/quote]

quite right! [Y]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Ginger Pele"]what was Cave-Brown like, i though i saw him in a reserve game or two, and thought he was good, why did he leave, couldnt have done worse than semmy
[/quote]

A bit harsh, I don''t think Semmy has been great this year, but then neither has Bertrand.
[/quote]

quite right! [Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

quite right! [Y]