Sign in to follow this  
Eam

Is it possible to support two teams?

Norwich born and (in)bred. Moved away 17 years ago and been living in Burnley ever since.

I would say I support both teams making those two games a season quite interesting for me, but I must admit to always going in the Away stand at Turf Moor, but taking both scarves with me, if only for a safe journey home after the game!

You have to admit that Burnley have really done us some favours in recent weeks, doing over Forest and Plymouth and holding the Binmen.

Hopefully next year I won''t have to worry about them meeting one another as Burnley will be in the Premier League and Norwich will be in the Championship or League 1!

I support England in Internationals and any English club in European competion but have only ever had one love.

Nothing would ever seduce Ricardo from his lifelong love of the boys in Yellow & Green.

OTBC

Norwich first and foremost, however used to spend a lot of time watching the not so mighty Worcester City F.C. Was very impressed to hear that Cam has kept goal for them at some stage during his career. A real old style football ground is St. Georges Lane and well worth a visit

It looks like I might be in the unique position on this board then. I am a Rangers fan and season ticket holder but try and get down to Carra whenever I can, although I''ve only been to two games this season (Derby and Palace - both 2-1 defeats so maybe I''m better staying away).

I think it''s possible to support two teams from different countries but not from the same country.

For what it''s worth, I''m flying out to Amsterdam on Friday for the Scotland game so I suppose that means I''ve got 3 teams! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]So yes Lapps, whilst I agree, I can often do negative, I also do positive too, and this is often over looked by the point scoring fraturnity on here![;)][/quote]I can''t argue with that wiz. I would never put you in the same catagory as some of the anti-board trolls on here who''s only ambition is to de-stabilise the club and divide the fans. If I had to put you in a group it would probably be the same one that my mother-in-law is in! [:D][/quote]

Does she change her mind a lot ?

Just wondered...[^o)]

Born and lived in Hull for 20 years and had a season ticket there when they were sh*t and I was at school, jumped on the bandwaggon and went to Wembley last year for the play offs, haven''t seen them since!!

Followed The Canaries since 1972 when my Grandad took me to Carrow Road, my kids are now the 4th generation fans in the family!

saying that my mate who i have known all my life , always says he is a leeds fan , yet when we went to cardiff against birmingham he shouted more than i did .

he used to go to every home game and some of the away games with me, always followed norwich knew all the players ,yet still said he supports leeds to this day .!!! i remember giving him so much stick when we went to the premiership and leeds dropped down out of the championship , i hope he dont have a chance to get revenge .

i think he was a glory hunter of the old days , and just dont want to lose face!!

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

Norwich born and (in)bred. Moved away 17 years ago and been living in Burnley ever since.

I would say I support both teams making those two games a season quite interesting for me, but I must admit to always going in the Away stand at Turf Moor, but taking both scarves with me, if only for a safe journey home after the game!

You have to admit that Burnley have really done us some favours in recent weeks, doing over Forest and Plymouth and holding the Binmen.

Hopefully next year I won''t have to worry about them meeting one another as Burnley will be in the Premier League and Norwich will be in the Championship or League 1!

[/quote]

You say your a Norwich fan then you talk about us getting relegated to League 1 as if it would be no big deal!

I''ll be at home games next season whatever League we''re in but getting relegated to the 3rd tier for the 1st time since 1960 would hurt like feck!

my other half is a burnley fan , and from there , i was pleased her team does us a favour last week , yet i was the unhappiest when we only got a draw against them !!

as for all the "norwich"fans who have season tickets at carrow rd but when asked the question who they support reply with man.utd please take your glory hunting plastic fan based ideas on football and go and bore some likeminded fake bandwagon jumping pillock down the pub about how great berbatov etc are !we dont want you!

i once sat behind a fella all season back in the 90''s in the barclay every week he would turn up decked in city club colours untill the dirty manks arrived we lost 3 zip i think that particular game and cantona should have been sent off for gbh on polston up jumped this said bloke when man.u scored danced round like a loon !what a complete c**t til another norwich fan chinned him which was ace bar the fact he beat me to it .

to ans original question no you cant bar norwich and england!

[quote user="The Butler"]Yes City and City youth![:D][/quote]

beet me to it I was going to say City+City youth+ City Boys+ and City Ladies, but who Don''t like the Norwich city girls/? 

I support Norwich City and Manchester United... but I might change that if Liverpool catch them up and overtake them.  But then if Chelsea beat Liverpool in the Champions League, that might also change... and if Arsenal win their quarter final, they have to play Manchester United in the semi-final, and if they beat United then... well, let''s just say it''s difficult.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]So yes Lapps, whilst I agree, I can often do negative, I also do positive too, and this is often over looked by the point scoring fraturnity on here![;)][/quote]I can''t argue with that wiz. I would never put you in the same catagory as some of the anti-board trolls on here who''s only ambition is to de-stabilise the club and divide the fans. If I had to put you in a group it would probably be the same one that my mother-in-law is in! [:D][/quote]

Does she change her mind a lot ?

Just wondered...[^o)]

[/quote]

No, she just hectors.

That''s why poor Lapp..............sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hush.

[:-*]

OTBC

Of course it''s possibble to support two teams. As long as they don''t clash. A bit like women really.

I support Norwich, Hull City (used to be the poor club in Division 4!) & Bayer Leverkusen (knocked Man U out of the Champs League some seasons ago). Can''t bring myself to follow Sturm Graz yet though.

While I lived in Spain I was a Season Ticket Holder at Elche ( Spanish Div 2 A ) . Quite a few Brits supported them , got on very well with the Spanish Fans . The President of the Local Pena was very friendly , they appreciated our support .

Average gate was 9000 approx ( lower if it was raining )  which was disappointing as the ground held 40,000 . Local derby against Hercules as fiery as Norwich / Ipswich . Going over next month so will take in a game , still look out for there results and have a soft spot for them . But Norwich will always come first . Would love to see them meet one day in European Competition as it would mean both clubs were doing well.

If you had asked me this question about 18 months ago I would have answered with a categorical NO!  However, about that time (when we were in the death throes of the Peter Grant era and I was totally p*ssed off with over paid prima donnas) I acquainted myself with MyFC - an internet website which was attempting to get 25,000 plus football fans to pledge £35 in order to purchase and run a football club.  As some of you may be aware (and as others can see from my signature) MyFC eventually purchased (with an initial membership of 32,000) Ebbsfleet United of the Blue Square Premier League.  Up to this point I had little understanding of non-league football, apart from interest in local sides (i.e. watching Diss in the FA Vase Final and keeping an eye on Lynn''s results as well as occasionally watching my local village side).  The last year has been a steep learning curve with basically having to make decisions on both club and playing matters (voting on shirt sponsors, kit designs, either picking the team or leaving it to the manager [so far every vote has gone for the manager], transfering players in and out of the club including accepting a bid of £140,000 from Bristol City for John Akinde and contributing towards the purchase of Michael Gash - to name just a fraction of the day to day involvement).

However, you soon realise that it''s not a game of Football Manager but it involves the lives and livelihoods of players and club staff as well as having an enormous impact on the emotions of the life long original fans.  I would say, however, that all the difficult decisions are tempered by the fact that you can immerse yourself in the running of a club and feel as though you are making a difference - I''ve also had the joy of taking my 7 year old daughter to Wembley to see ''our'' team win, meet people from all over the world who have signed up to the venture and made friends with many original fans who, although sceptical at first, mainly wholeheartedly endorse the idea of a club run by fans.

Don''t get me wrong, my first love will always be Norwich City, who I have supported since 1964, had a Season Ticket since 1979 (and have renewed for next season) and who I have followed to over 50 grounds in this country and abroad.  The nice thing for me about the whole MyFC/Ebbsfleet United experience is that its the ability to make a difference as a fan and put something back other than just cash and vocal support.  It''s also a throwback to the good old days where you pay at the turnstile and go and sit or stand where you like.  Funnily enough some of the food I''ve had there (the chicken curry in particular) is loads better than what we get at Carrow Road - oh and yes we did change the caterers at the start of this season.

Anyone who is interested in how this works can either pm me or visit  http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

(PS - I''m also not the only Norwich fan who has signed up to this and the CEO of EUFC (who we appointed last Summer)is an ex-pat Norfolk chap who used to live in Brooke and whose favourite pub is the Fat Cat)

I support 3: NCFC, Hungary, but, above all, my son''s U8 team, Tabani Spartacus! Actually, in terms of passion and commotment, nothing compares to kiddie league football.[:)]

Norwich City is the only team I support.

However I have a soft spot for : Liverpool (all my mates support LFC and its hard not to hear them talking about the club), Cambridge Utd (because of where I live) and Isleham Utd (my bros team)

Note* i am NOT attention seeking * [N]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I support 3: NCFC, Hungary, but, above all, my son''s U8 team, Tabani Spartacus! Actually, in terms of passion and commotment, nothing compares to kiddie league football.[:)][/quote]

Not a Ferencvaros fan then? Went to see them when i was out there versus BTK(???). Quite a scary place,and we were in with the ultras!

[quote user="K Lo"]

Of course it''s possibble to support two teams. As long as they don''t clash. A bit like women really.

I support Norwich, Hull City (used to be the poor club in Division 4!) & Bayer Leverkusen (knocked Man U out of the Champs League some seasons ago). Can''t bring myself to follow Sturm Graz yet though.

[/quote]

Small world mate, Norwich and Hull!

Countrys dont count surley, i didnt really like England much till Cappelo took over, and for a while when Sven was manager, i just wasnt too botherd about a team playing not much diffrent to Norwich (when Mclaren was coach) it was piontless, although i am going to Wembley on Saturday, to hoepfully watch Rooney score a couple, he was crap at Carrow road :P

[quote user="K Lo"]

[/quote]

Agree.

Of course the two clubs must not be rivals, or because belong to different countries (i.e.: Norwich and Barcelona), or because they have different dimensions (one could support Norwich and Cambridge, or York City, imo).

If you aren''t born in Norfolk it''s almost natural to support also your local team.

I SUPPORT Norwich however i do have a big soft spot for Arsenal as a friend of my Nan, Bob, used to make me watch Arsenal games when him and his wife would visit my nan.

I don''t get as passionate or excited about Arsenal games as i do Norwich though, they''re the love of my life as far as football is concerned.

Not only is it possible to "support" two teams, it''s possible to "support" several. I''m sure there must be thousands of armchair fans who''ve switched their allegiances a few times. They could go from Arsenil to Manure, to Scousegits, to Chelski, to Rangers, to Celtic, and then maybe Bracelona or Real Madrid and then back again; all depending on which team is most successful at the time. I know a Manure fan who lives in North Walsham, and I know for a fact that he hasn''t once watched his heroes live in 30 odd years of "support".

he cant be a supporter then ! .

most of my family are from here , i lived here all my life so this is my team ,

when you support a team you get excited when you score , proud when you win and hacked off when you lose !!!

I support

NCFC

Kings Lynn ( Norfolk Connection )

Port Vale - when I was 9 we travelled to a game that was off and went there instead -they became mysecond team  

Hartlepool - When I was a kid they were rubbish 

East Stirling - nipped in while on holiday and the chap there let us play on the pitch and gave us a biscuit - Falkirk and Stirling did not

Sparta Rotterdam- saw them beat PSV in 1991 ( Robson was PSV Manager and did not enjoy the Anti Ipswich chants )  

Fortuna Dusseldorf - spent my 21st birthday weekend watching them and also Bochum - but Bochum wore blue and white