Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Huckerby back at City? Don't rule it out....

Mr Huckerby''s agent claims there has been no approach from Norwich City.

No, I do not necessarily believe him any more than the Norwich City press office.  BBC Sport rang the Quakes and they feined no knowledge as well.

I suspect a conspiracy from all three and the EDP would have the advantage of knowing where the Man in the Stand got his info from but still (currently) have not run it, apart from reducing a fact to a rumour.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

No, I do not necessarily believe him any more than the Norwich City press office.  BBC Sport rang the Quakes and they feined no knowledge as well.

I suspect a conspiracy from all three and the EDP would have the advantage of knowing where the Man in the Stand got his info from but still (currently) have not run it, apart from reducing a fact to a rumour.

[/quote]

So you don''t know who The Man in the Stands is then Cam? [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely no idea.  But what goes from a "done deal" to a rumour is not generally a good sign at any level of this (journalistic) game.

[:|]

[/quote]

Huck''s agent and the Earthquakes are hardly likely to admit something to you when they know its highly likely you''re going to go telling random internet forums.....  c''mon cam these people are not idiots[8-)]

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Huck''s agent and the Earthquakes are hardly likely to admit something to you when they know its highly likely you''re going to go telling random internet forums.....  c''mon cam these people are not idiots[8-)]

[/quote]

Or, of course, there could just be no story.

Of course there could be no story but my point is that just because Cam is told something doesnt make it so.... i''d imagine there things going on that the press/media arent told :O shocking as it may seem   !

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]Of course there could be no story but my point is that just because Cam is told something doesnt make it so.... i''d imagine there things going on that the press/media arent told :O shocking as it may seem   ![/quote]

I think its just a rumour too by some well meaning person who who writes that MITS column. If it was a deal done I''m sure Hucks would have said by now plus he is empolyed by another club until next Jan and I can''t imagine him being disloyal to them into the start of a new season.

Wizard may tell us different though!

This is more about proving a point to ''nasty'' Glenn Roeder than actually looking at the bigger picture.  I agree that Hucks should have had a better send-off, but in truth (apart from a brilliant three months between Jan-March 2007), his contribution since we were relegated was generally inconsistent.  There were moments of magic, but too many games where he didn''t perform and didn''t contribute an awful lot on the field.  I''m not convinced he would have made a great deal of difference this season either.

We''ve had this all before when big favourites like Fleck and Cureton came back and it didn''t work out.  I fear the same here.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely no idea.  But what goes from a "done deal" to a rumour is not generally a good sign at any level of this (journalistic) game.

[/quote]

Hucks agent (like we believed him last time!) is well known for saying Hucks isn''t linked with City, indeed he told your mob the same before Hucks first signed for us Cam.

The EDP today had this to say:

Local businessman and a man close to Huckerby, Carl Moore - who was instrumental in bringing him to Carrow Road back in 2003 and also financed Glenn Roeder''s loan move for Reading striker Leroy Lita this season - issued a simple “no comment” in response to the speculation...................

That is not a denial!

For once in your life be honest Cam, you know bugger all on this, whereas I do.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hucks agent (like we believed him last time!) is well known for saying Hucks isn''t linked with City, indeed he told your mob the same before Hucks first signed for us Cam.

Local businessman and a man close to Huckerby, Carl Moore - who was instrumental in bringing him to Carrow Road back in 2003 and also financed Glenn Roeder''s loan move for Reading striker Leroy Lita this season - issued a simple “no comment” in response to the speculation...................

That is not a denial!

For once in your life be honest Cam, you know bugger all on this, whereas I do.[:|]

[/quote]

Wow Wiz I''m actually starting to believe you on this mate [Y] Care to PM me to shed a little more light on this situation?

And another thing- ive just been watching the goals from last season via youtube and the amount of goals that Hucks set up was amazing. To say he contributed little to last season is stupid

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is not a denial!

[/quote]

Wow Wiz I''m actually starting to believe you on this mate [Y] Care to PM me to shed a little more light on this situation?

[/quote]

PM sent CT.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is not a denial!

[/quote]I''ll take your word for it Wiz. I''d like to be PM''d the info aswell though.

if hucks decide to come back in january , hes a free agent then, any way there is no reason for the quakes to know anything anyway.

im fairly confident he will be back , as a players perhaps or involved in a coaching role eventually .

[/quote]

As The Man said, watch this space. The truth will out.

[quote user="Lol Morgan"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

As The Man said, watch this space. The truth will out.

[/quote]

I''m suspecting that Lol is connected with Archant  [:)]