Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Huckerby back at City? Don't rule it out....

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/ManStands.aspx[/quote]

Why start a duplicate Hucks thread Pete?[;)]

[/quote]

He started his about 6 hours before you started yours [:D]

Where''s the link to the story from Archant that you are reffering to Wiz please?

[/quote]

Archant = Pink Un = Man in the stand.

Thats not my source Angel , and no, I won''t divulge it, people know they can tell me things and they know I never name a source.

[/quote]

Man in the stand is just an ordinary person like you and me Wizard, who writes a column, he isn''t employed by Archant so thats just his opinion.

But if you say that you are 100% sure that he''s agreed to join us in Jan then I''ll be very happy and I''m sure it''ll be in the EDP/EEN this week as it would be big news here.

[quote user="sheringhamcanary"]correct me if im wrong but cant u bring in free agents out of transfer window time? thats what we did with Carl Cort, so we wouldn''t have to wait till January..[/quote]

If thats the case why wouldn''t he be joining us in Oct when San Jose''s season has finished and he''s out of contract.

Neil Adams seemed to think it was just ''the man in the stands'''' speculating but if Wizard''s source has confirmed its true, guess it could be happening.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

but if Wizard''s source has confirmed its true, guess it could be happening.

[/quote]

I think even Wiz himself stated that his source was thick and dim[:O]

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1618313/ShowPost.aspx

[;)]

[/quote]

That was my response to an earlier article which had bugger all to do with this latest piece of news, still, nice try nutty.[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

but if Wizard''s source has confirmed its true, guess it could be happening.

[/quote]

I think even Wiz himself stated that his source was thick and dim[:O]

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1618313/ShowPost.aspx

[;)]

[/quote]

That was my response to an earlier article which had bugger all to do with this latest piece of news, still, nice try nutty.[:S]

[/quote]

Well orrrrlriiiiiight [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

We wouldn''t pay a fee as his contract runs out with San Jose at the end of this season in Oct ( I think) so he could then sign for us in the Jan transfer window as a free agent.

Tilly - You know he''s the love of my life [:D]

[/quote]

Did he buy you a present or send you any flowers this morning CA as you are old enough to be his mum.What is it with you and Kathy and the younger man?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="venta icenorum"]I did think I''d seen him driving his jeep last Saturday - was definitely his car and looked like him driving! Could have been back briefly to sign something, did no-one spot him at the Plymouth game?[/quote]

He hasn''t got a jeep, he has a big black range rover [:)]

[/quote]

You are beginning to make me think that you are related to that poor deluded woman who moved to Hingham and spent her life following Martin Shaw around CA.Just remember what happened to her at Kings Lynn Court a few months back.

[quote user="sheringhamcanary"]correct me if im wrong but cant u bring in free agents out of transfer window time? thats what we did with Carl Cort, so we wouldn''t have to wait till January..[/quote]His contract expires in January I believe

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Did he buy you a present or send you any flowers this morning CA as you are old enough to be his mum.What is it with you and Kathy and the younger man?

[/quote]

As he''s 33 , I would have had to had him in my early teens so I don''t think so Tilly.

As for middle aged women and younger men, its common knowledge that younger men like a bit of experience [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

As he''s 33 , I would have had to had him in my early teens so I don''t think so Tilly.

As for middle aged women and younger men, its common knowledge that younger men like a bit of experience [:)]

[/quote]

I think what you mean is that the older woman gives it her all so to speak as she is in fear that it may be the last time!

Where the heck is Lappinitup and The Butler when i need them?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think what you mean is that the older woman gives it her all so to speak as she is in fear that it may be the last time!

[/quote]

No thats not it Tilly, when you hit 40 you lose all your inhibitions and younger men like that [:)]

Bet you wish you were in the ''''younger man'''' bracket.

Back to Hucks, do you think there''s any truth in the rumour that hes coming back Tilly?

Given the state of our finances, would this really be the best use of our money? We need to invest in younger players, and look for potential in the lower leagues, not take the Roeder "in-betweenies" path.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Given the state of our finances, would this really be the best use of our money? We need to invest in younger players, and look for potential in the lower leagues, not take the Roeder "in-betweenies" path.
[/quote]

I can see your point but for £4000pw which is what he''s getting now, you have a decent squad player, you have someone to coach the kids, you have a motivator, a PR man and someone who loves the club which will lift the team and fans alike.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No thats not it Tilly, when you hit 40 you lose all your inhibitions and younger men like that [:)]

Bet you wish you were in the ''''younger man'''' bracket.

Back to Hucks, do you think there''s any truth in the rumour that hes coming back Tilly?

[/quote]

Blimey i''m 41 this year and my inhibitions are still intact................just lol.

Mind you i''m happily married to an older man.  Although always dated boy-toys before.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Given the state of our finances, would this really be the best use of our money? We need to invest in younger players, and look for potential in the lower leagues, not take the Roeder "in-betweenies" path.
[/quote]

What if he agreed to come back on half the wage?  Not likely but you never know, he''s yellow and green through and through and loves the club and fans................stranger things have happened.

[:)]

Huckerby knows very well what his own ability is and what coming back here would mean. I don''t think he''d ever accept to come back as a player unless he was a hundred percent sure he could do a job.

[quote user="hogesar"]Huckerby knows very well what his own ability is and what coming back here would mean. I don''t think he''d ever accept to come back as a player unless he was a hundred percent sure he could do a job.
[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking [:)] Please let it be true.

If it takes a little TLC from the more mature, shall we say, ladies in North Norfolk, to fire us back into the Premiership, then I am prepared to make the sacrifice, how about you CA?

33 ... teddy sheringham , dean windass , both older than that .

why is 33 too old some players dont retire untill atleast 35 . some later than that .

[quote user="Kathy"]If it takes a little TLC from the more mature, shall we say, ladies in North Norfolk, to fire us back into the Premiership, then I am prepared to make the sacrifice, how about you CA?[/quote]

Kathy, if you and CA feel you can still start a fire then good for you. However, you both may want to think it through and content yourself with viewing others while the real log-burning takes place.  

[quote user="Kathy"]If it takes a little TLC from the more mature, shall we say, ladies in North Norfolk, to fire us back into the Premiership, then I am prepared to make the sacrifice, how about you CA?[/quote]

I am a little concerned that as the focus of our way forward seems to be with youngsters once more Hinge and Bracket appear to be offering TLC to our youth system.Have you two thought of making applications to be house matrons at any boys boarding schools?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Kathy, if you and CA feel you can still start a fire then good for you. However, you both may want to think it through and content yourself with viewing others while the real log-burning takes place.  

[/quote]

I don''t feel I can still make a fire Yankee, I know I can [:)]

Kathy - yes I''m willing to make the sacrifice too. [:)]

*BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE* we dont all fancy hucks - some of us like him purely based on football [8-)] isnt hucks happily married? lets hope his wife doesnt read this ..... [:P]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Louis"]

I might be in a minority here, but I think it would be a bad and expensive move to bring him back.

I loved Huckerby when he was here and he is one of my favourite ever Norwich players, but what are the chances of him "tearing defences apart in this division" if he returns? The way he left stank (Roeder!!), however for long periods of that last season here he drifted in and out of games and was inconsistent. I thought at the time it was probably a good time for him to leave. I really think it would be a backwards move to bring him back, though obviously I would get right behind him. I don''t think it would work out.

Now, I sit back and await the inevitable abuse - I''m probably in a minority on this one.

[/quote]

agreed.. Huckerby was injured for most of hi last year here and drifted in and out of games at a more competitive level than the MLS... sure thered be the huge pomp regarding his arrival, but if the injuries flare up and he sits on the bench/in the treatment room instead of playing some fans would get on his back for him not being the saviour he was a few years ago...

Lets not forget he will be 18 months older and 18months slower by the time next january rolls around since he left the club.... hucks game is all about Pace, he cant pass, cant head, cant tackle... once the pace has gone thats it im afraid and what you have got is a pretty poor player.... i loved hucks when he was here but lets not get all misty eyed about a possible reunion..... lets assess the situation in January and go from there.....

it could all end in tears.

jas :)

[/quote]

Let''s also not forget his hip problem has now been sorted out. Think your being a tad unfair Jas sir.
[/quote]

so at what 33/34 he isnt going to be slower than he was at 30?

jas :)

[/quote]still faster then 90% of the players in this league....he would never come back if HE didnt think he could still cut it...would love to see him back..should never have gone in the first place...CHEERS ROEDANT YOU FECKING "$%!"  1$%!£$%!£$%"£%^&^& "45£% "!%$&  CRUNT!!!!!!

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]*BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE* we dont all fancy hucks - some of us like him purely based on football

[8-)] isnt hucks happily married? lets hope his wife doesnt read this ..... [:P]
[/quote]

Kathy and I don''t fancy him either CT, we''re just having a bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon. But I think we both feel he still has a lot to offer and are still excited by his dazzling runs down the left side of the pitch.

As for his wife worrying, you obviously haven''t seen her, young, pretty and long blonde hair don''t think she''ll worry about a couple of middle aged women like Kathy and me.

But back on topic, even if he didn''t play every week he''d make a good squad player and role model for the kids won''t he?

I have to be honest here but I haven''t looked through all the posts so I don''t know if this has already been brought up or not.So . . . . why would Huckerby be signed in January? Am I right in saying his contract runs out in October with SJ? In which case by FA rules he would be unatached and so could be signed outside of the transfer window and therefore as soon as his contract with SJ ends.If this is the case and the current management do want him back, why wait until January? By then we may have a really solid team which is doing consistantly well? So whilst I can imagine that this is true a lot of this doesn''t make sense to me. Get him in as soon as he is free (if not before if a deal can be struck) because January it could be too late or just poorly timed.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]*BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE* we dont all fancy hucks - some of us like him purely based on football [8-)] isnt hucks happily married? lets hope his wife doesnt read this ..... [:P][/quote]

Kathy and I don''t fancy him either CT, we''re just having a bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon. But I think we both feel he still has a lot to offer and are still excited by his dazzling runs down the left side of the pitch.

As for his wife worrying, you obviously haven''t seen her, young, pretty and long blonde hair don''t think she''ll worry about a couple of middle aged women like Kathy and me.

But back on topic, even if he didn''t play every week he''d make a good squad player and role model for the kids won''t he?

[/quote]CA I do agree with everything you say about Hucks- it may even bring a tear to my eye seeing him back in a city shirt particularly after how Rodent treated him... i have seen his wife btw (admittedly 1/2 years ago) but yes she was very nice to look at [;)]