Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Huckerby back at City? Don't rule it out....

That would truly make my day, in fact year.  The way he was treated in the end was dreadful and despite what some people seem to think, without a doubt he would still be a massive asset to this football Club - or any in the Championship for that matter.  Come home Hucks.

He should have never gone in the first place... But if he is to come back, my god i would be delighted... Some attacking flair to terrorise defences again!! Brilliant.

I might be in a minority here, but I think it would be a bad and expensive move to bring him back.

I loved Huckerby when he was here and he is one of my favourite ever Norwich players, but what are the chances of him "tearing defences apart in this division" if he returns? The way he left stank (Roeder!!), however for long periods of that last season here he drifted in and out of games and was inconsistent. I thought at the time it was probably a good time for him to leave. I really think it would be a backwards move to bring him back, though obviously I would get right behind him. I don''t think it would work out.

Now, I sit back and await the inevitable abuse - I''m probably in a minority on this one.

[quote user="cityangel"]Thats brought tears to my eyes [:D][/quote]

Oh God Pete just look what you have started.

Mixed emotions about this onePros- I''m a big Hucks fan and I''d love to see him back in a City shirt againCons- Might ruin his legend status at the club if it doesn''t work out, same as Gunn at the moment.- Paying a fee for a player we (stupidly) released

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Mixed emotions about this onePros- I''m a big Hucks fan and I''d love to see him back in a City shirt againCons- Might ruin his legend status at the club if it doesn''t work out, same as Gunn at the moment.[/quote]Oh wait I forget that his contract expires by then my bad, scrap point 2.

We wouldn''t pay a fee as his contract runs out with San Jose at the end of this season in Oct ( I think) so he could then sign for us in the Jan transfer window as a free agent.

Tilly - You know he''s the love of my life [:D]

[quote user="Louis"]

I might be in a minority here, but I think it would be a bad and expensive move to bring him back.

I loved Huckerby when he was here and he is one of my favourite ever Norwich players, but what are the chances of him "tearing defences apart in this division" if he returns? The way he left stank (Roeder!!), however for long periods of that last season here he drifted in and out of games and was inconsistent. I thought at the time it was probably a good time for him to leave. I really think it would be a backwards move to bring him back, though obviously I would get right behind him. I don''t think it would work out.

Now, I sit back and await the inevitable abuse - I''m probably in a minority on this one.

[/quote]

agreed.. Huckerby was injured for most of hi last year here and drifted in and out of games at a more competitive level than the MLS... sure thered be the huge pomp regarding his arrival, but if the injuries flare up and he sits on the bench/in the treatment room instead of playing some fans would get on his back for him not being the saviour he was a few years ago...

Lets not forget he will be 18 months older and 18months slower by the time next january rolls around since he left the club.... hucks game is all about Pace, he cant pass, cant head, cant tackle... once the pace has gone thats it im afraid and what you have got is a pretty poor player.... i loved hucks when he was here but lets not get all misty eyed about a possible reunion..... lets assess the situation in January and go from there.....

it could all end in tears.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Louis"]

[/quote]

agreed.. Huckerby was injured for most of hi last year here and drifted in and out of games at a more competitive level than the MLS... sure thered be the huge pomp regarding his arrival, but if the injuries flare up and he sits on the bench/in the treatment room instead of playing some fans would get on his back for him not being the saviour he was a few years ago...

Lets not forget he will be 18 months older and 18months slower by the time next january rolls around since he left the club.... hucks game is all about Pace, he cant pass, cant head, cant tackle... once the pace has gone thats it im afraid and what you have got is a pretty poor player.... i loved hucks when he was here but lets not get all misty eyed about a possible reunion..... lets assess the situation in January and go from there.....

[/quote]Let''s also not forget his hip problem has now been sorted out. Think your being a tad unfair Jas sir.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Louis"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let''s also not forget his hip problem has now been sorted out. Think your being a tad unfair Jas sir.
[/quote]

so at what 33/34 he isnt going to be slower than he was at 30?

Would be good to see. He''s a quality player and it''d give everyone a huge boost.

Obviously there''ll be a few who will disagree and go against the grain (usually because they don''t know what they''re talking about or because they like to pretend they know better than the rest) but I think the vast majority of Norwich fans would be glad to see him back.

Should never have got rid.

Neil Adams seemed to think it was just another rumour?

[quote user="AndyJR"]That would truly make my day, in fact year.  The way he was treated in the end was dreadful and despite what some people seem to think, without a doubt he would still be a massive asset to this football Club - or any in the Championship for that matter.  Come home Hucks.

[/quote]2nd 3rd 4th 5th that...etc etc etc that AJR

[quote user="AndyJR"]That would truly make my day, in fact year.  The way he was treated in the end was dreadful and despite what some people seem to think, without a doubt he would still be a massive asset to this football Club - or any in the Championship for that matter.  Come home Hucks.

[/quote]it was roeders who let him go, he miss treated him!!

I did think I''d seen him driving his jeep last Saturday - was definitely his car and looked like him driving! Could have been back briefly to sign something, did no-one spot him at the Plymouth game?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I loved Hucks in his prime, but I fear too many people are letting their hearts rule their heads.

So we''re talking January 2010 here then?Remember when you see a girl that you really fancied at school a few years later and she''s pushing a pram with two kids, a fag in the other hand and a beer belly flopping over the top of her tracksuit bottoms [:^)][;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]So we''re talking January 2010 here then?

Remember when you see a girl that you really fancied at school a few years later and she''s pushing a pram with two kids, a fag in the other hand and a beer belly flopping over the top of her tracksuit bottoms [:^)][;)]
[/quote]

LMAO - you certainly do in Ipswich anyway

[quote user="venta icenorum"]I did think I''d seen him driving his jeep last Saturday - was definitely his car and looked like him driving! Could have been back briefly to sign something, did no-one spot him at the Plymouth game?[/quote]

He hasn''t got a jeep, he has a big black range rover [:)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/ManStands.aspx[/quote]

Why start a duplicate Hucks thread Pete?[;)]

[/quote]

He started his about 6 hours before you started yours [:D]

Where''s the link to the story from Archant that you are reffering to Wiz please?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/ManStands.aspx[/quote]

Why start a duplicate Hucks thread Pete?[;)]

[/quote]

He started his about 6 hours before you started yours [:D]

Where''s the link to the story from Archant that you are reffering to Wiz please?

[/quote]

Archant = Pink Un = Man in the stand.

Thats not my source Angel , and no, I won''t divulge it, people know they can tell me things and they know I never name a source.

[/quote]

[/quote]

totally agree..loved Hucks to bits but any move for him would be based around sentiment imo. For me Hucks was the best player ever to wear a Norwich shirt and I''d rather remember him that way.