Sign in to follow this  
canaries

costa a del norwich

fans are just happy to to scrape relegation, or finish top half , glenn roeder although i dont like the man , was right what he said , its like a holiday camp down here , you get a paton the back if you finish near the bottom, or top half, the board are happy finishing mid table, because neil doncaster told me so, people will say we have to be realistic but you also have to want to be in the top league, the successful clubs are the ambitious clubs, but whilst fans are happy with the holiday, camp attitude, and the board , you will stay as you are.

Our best days of the early 90s came during the original Costa del Colney era, so if that is what it takes and we win more matches than we lose, I really don''t care what the players get up to Monday to Friday.

[quote user="canaries"]fans are just happy to to scrape relegation, or finish top half , glenn roeder although i dont like the man , was right what he said , its like a holiday camp down here , you get a paton the back if you finish near the bottom, or top half, the board are happy finishing mid table, because neil doncaster told me so, people will say we have to be realistic but you also have to want to be in the top league, the successful clubs are the ambitious clubs, but whilst fans are happy with the holiday, camp attitude, and the board , you will stay as you are.[/quote]

Chris, why do you post on here? and more important why do you support the team?

We are on a positive at the moment, long term who knows, but why do you try and pour cold water on everything NCFC.

[quote user="canaries"]fans are just happy to to scrape relegation, or finish top half , glenn roeder although i dont like the man , was right what he said , its like a holiday camp down here , you get a paton the back if you finish near the bottom, or top half, the board are happy finishing mid table, because neil doncaster told me so, people will say we have to be realistic but you also have to want to be in the top league, the successful clubs are the ambitious clubs, but whilst fans are happy with the holiday, camp attitude, and the board , you will stay as you are.[/quote]

And we saw the Glen Roeder attitude acheived didn''t we!

[quote user="canaries"]"you will stay as you are."[/quote]I think that quote proves once again that you are a binner Chris. A Norwich fan would have said WE!

[quote user="canaries"], the successful clubs are the ambitious clubs, .[/quote]

That done a lot for Leeds, Leicester, Southampton and Charlton. The successful clubs are those that operated within their means. I would use Arsenal as a perfect example big club but you hardly ever see them break the bank on a player!

[quote user="The Duke"]

[quote user="canaries"], the successful clubs are the ambitious clubs, .[/quote]

That done a lot for Leeds, Leicester, Southampton and Charlton. The successful clubs are those that operated within their means. I would use Arsenal as a perfect example big club but you hardly ever see them break the bank on a player!

[/quote]

Agree. Arsenal and Man United tend to use the same purchasing policy these days. Bring in a few youngsters to their upper academy sides from the likes of Barcelona, Red Star Belgrade, Lyon etc but other than that they focus on 1 or 2 really big names per window and add to the squad gradually.

Boom and bust doesn''t work with the exception being Mourinho''s reign at Chelsea, but he is, in his own words "The Special One". Hughes is trying hard to develop the Man City side gradually but is saddled with unrealistic expectations from the fans (and potentially the owners). If they give him time I think he''ll do well there.

"fans are just happy to to scrape relegation, or finish top half , glenn roeder although i dont like the man , was right what he said , its like a holiday camp down here , you get a paton the back if you finish near the bottom, or top half, the board are happy finishing mid table, because neil doncaster told me so, people will say we have to be realistic but you also have to want to be in the top league, the successful clubs are the ambitious clubs, but whilst fans are happy with the holiday, camp attitude, and the board , you will stay as you are."

Inspired stuff Chris ... your periodical gems of wisdom make life worth living!

I''d hardly say the fans are happy about the position the club is in. I find statements like these utterly retarded because it doesn''t take a rocket scientist to know that football fans who have seen a club decline in recent years are not pleased about it. It''s not just football, it''s the same with businesses in general. My father''s carpet business was once raking in shitloads of money in its heyday but today it''s barely hanging on in there. Is he happy about this? Of course not, but he gets on with it.

Many fans like myself are very pleased with the work Gunn has done thus far. Not all of his loan players have delivered, but many of them have. We are cutting out mistakes in the defence, the goalkeeping is steady and my god we are actually picking up points! I''d say that''s a pretty frigging good cause to have a positive attitude. Rodent''s work earlier this season has basically RAPED the club, so Gunn has done the best job anyone can humanly possibly do in terms of picknig up the pieces.

Please, get over yourself.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

Agree. Arsenal and Man United tend to use the same purchasing policy these days. Bring in a few youngsters to their upper academy sides from the likes of Barcelona, Red Star Belgrade, Lyon etc but other than that they focus on 1 or 2 really big names per window and add to the squad gradually.

Boom and bust doesn''t work with the exception being Mourinho''s reign at Chelsea, but he is, in his own words "The Special One". Hughes is trying hard to develop the Man City side gradually but is saddled with unrealistic expectations from the fans (and potentially the owners). If they give him time I think he''ll do well there.

[/quote]I''m not sure Arsenal and Man U are so comparable in this respect -  This is from an article on the BBC where Fergie said Benitez would go on a spending spree: "Liverpool''s net spending over five years on players is £82.5m and

United''s has been £85.5m. Meanwhile, Chelsea spent £154.8m net on

players during that time and Arsenal just £3.4m."  In view of that, I am amazed by what Wenger has managed!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Our best days of the early 90s came during the original Costa del Colney era, so if that is what it takes and we win more matches than we lose, I really don''t care what the players get up to Monday to Friday.[/quote]

Still at Trowse then, weren''t they? Come to think of it, when did they leave Trowse?

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not sure Arsenal and Man U are so comparable in this respect -  This is from an article on the BBC where Fergie said Benitez would go on a spending spree: "Liverpool''s net spending over five years on players is £82.5m and United''s has been £85.5m. Meanwhile, Chelsea spent £154.8m net on players during that time and Arsenal just £3.4m."  In view of that, I am amazed by what Wenger has managed!
[/quote]

As am i which was why i pointed Arsenal out as my expample. For my money he is the best manager in the league maybe the country by a mile. His eye for talent is something money can''t buy!

[quote user="The Duke"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not sure Arsenal and Man U are so comparable in this respect -  This is from an article on the BBC where Fergie said Benitez would go on a spending spree: "Liverpool''s net spending over five years on players is £82.5m and United''s has been £85.5m. Meanwhile, Chelsea spent £154.8m net on players during that time and Arsenal just £3.4m."  In view of that, I am amazed by what Wenger has managed!
[/quote]

As am i which was why i pointed Arsenal out as my expample. For my money he is the best manager in the league maybe the country by a mile. His eye for talent is something money can''t buy!

[/quote]

Fair play. The figures are greater than I thought. The fees received by the likes of Henry, Viera etc will have lessened the net spending considerably. The pattern I was alluding too was the gradual development of home grown (albeit academy via a foreign club) stars such as Fabregas, Denilson, Toure, coupled with the occasional big hit on a big name, such as Arshavin, Rosicky, Walcott.

Costa del Colney (is the phrase I believe), ''Norwich the death of ambition'', and the old favourite ''little Norwich'' - yawn.