Sign in to follow this  
Destort

2 Full backs must be the priority signings whichever league we end up in.

Since Drury and Edworthy (in the championship winning year) we have struggled with these positions season after season and I dread to think the cost that it has had for this football club over the past few seasons. i would also be interested in seeing the number of assists from the wide areas scored against us.

Otsemobor has the makings of a great full back however his denensive inadequacy has proved costly on too many occasions.

Before that there has been

Omozusi, never lived up to the hype and was on loan.

Hughes, not actually a right back

Louis-Jean, who? Was injured so much I doubt most Norwich fans could recognise him

and  Jurgen Colin, again never settled. then we can include Russell etc..

The left back slot has been just as incosistent with player after player being used in that position since relegation

We cannot rely on Drury any more, as well as his ability dropping, his injury record is something to be desired.

Then there''s Bertrand who is here on loan and won''t be staying... there was Wright, now with Ipswich... Even an Everton youngster who came in for a handful of games as well as numerous out of position  such as Pattision, Lappin Shackell etc..

Anyway after the rambling, the point is that these are key areas, especially when your team is not the tallest in the league. We need to cut out the source of the crosses and diagonal runs much more often.

Just a thought!

I would prefer more than the full backs if possible but the amount of goals I have seen from the wide areas against us is frightening

if we go down, i wouldn''t begrudge the youngsters being given a decent run in the first team

what ever happened to Cave-Brown? i know he was injured for a while but he looked ok at right-back in some of the rare reserve games i saw