Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

"Who would want to manage us?" they cry. Answer = Steve Tilson.

I am getting fed up reading posts on this board from people stating "who would want to manage us?" or "Gunn is the only option available as no one else would want to take on this shambles of a club" etc etc.

This is absolute bollards!

There are plenty of managers out there who would want to manager us Championship or League 1.

Steve Tilson is one. Publicly stated his interest in the post (he pretty much said "come and get me" i beleive} after Worthington and then Grant were sacked but strangely he was over looked by our ambitious board on both occasions.

Whether Gunn keeps us up or not i would like Tilson to be the manager of Norwich City Football Club next season.

Anyone else in favour of Tilson?

[quote user="lappinitup"]Thing is Waz, if Wiz is Waz, is Waz as well or was it just Wiz Waz? [*-)][/quote]

Are you sayin it was me who took a Wiz (and a dump) in his garden?

Coz is WASn''t WAZ WIZ [^o)]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My bro in law and sis are ST holders at Saaaaarfend and they dont rate him. Tactically naive and afriad of making decisions i am told.

Similar to Worthy me thinks.....2 good yrs in 5 then just float along gradually getting back to normal service!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[/quote]

I don''t want Commander Tilson in charge of our team [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would we all have to wear pink shirts  - like last Thursday CA? [:|]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would we all have to wear pink shirts  - like last Thursday CA? [:|]

[/quote]

Just remember that fashion may change but style remains the same.As for last Thursday it was a case of maximum style with minimum effort.

I just assumed that next season Gunn will step aside and Crook will step up to manager position. Isn''t that what will happen? Why else would Crook give up a permanent job and uproot his family to move halfway round the world for just 3 months? There has to be  a rider in his contract of some kind.

Gunn, Crook and Butterworth just sound like characters from a Charles Dickens novel anyway. Add Polsten and Culverhouse and you have a whole costume drama.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

I just assumed that next season Gunn will step aside and Crook will step up to manager position. Isn''t that what will happen? Why else would Crook give up a permanent job and uproot his family to move halfway round the world for just 3 months? There has to be  a rider in his contract of some kind.

[/quote]I have to say that was my assumption until I was told Bowen was waiting to be ''removed'' by Man City meaning he could then take our job still on a fair wack....Hughes to Boro.Sounds very plausible.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My bro in law and sis are ST holders at Saaaaarfend and they dont rate him. Tactically naive and afriad of making decisions i am told.

Similar to Worthy me thinks.....2 good yrs in 5 then just float along gradually getting back to normal service!

[/quote]

I have no idea whether Tilson would be any good, but if he achieves half of what Worthington did, then he will be an absolute hero."Two good years in five"? Let''s see - avoiding relegation in his first half season - good. Reaching the play-off final with a team including Clint Easton and Daryl Sutch, with David Nielsen up front - a bloody miracle. Finishing eighth the next season - perhaps a bit of a let down but still miles better than any season since he left. Winning the Championship - a reasonably good effort. I make that 3 1/2 years of consistent improvement and success. He''s not the first manager to be caught out by the Premier League and he undoubtedly stayed beyond his sell-by date.

But surely if the last few years have taught us anything, it''s to give Worthy the credit he deserves.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

Gunn, Crook and Butterworth just sound like characters from a Charles Dickens novel anyway. Add Polsten and Culverhouse and you have a whole costume drama.

[/quote]

Yes that is the way I see it too.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

I am getting fed up reading posts on this board from people stating "who would want to manage us?" or "Gunn is the only option available as no one else would want to take on this shambles of a club" etc etc.

This is absolute bollards!

There are plenty of managers out there who would want to manager us Championship or League 1.

Steve Tilson is one. Publicly stated his interest in the post (he pretty much said "come and get me" i beleive} after Worthington and then Grant were sacked but strangely he was over looked by our ambitious board on both occasions.

Whether Gunn keeps us up or not i would like Tilson to be the manager of Norwich City Football Club next season.

[/quote]

Always was my first choice.

Crooky might start pining for those golden beaches, the "old Coathanger" bridge, the year-round outdoor barbies, the sunshine and the Castlemaine XXXX eventually. Put another prawn on the barbie!

[:)]

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Leicester 37 12 6 1 35 11 10 6 2 34 20 38 78
2 Peterborough 37 11 4 3 34 19 9 5 5 33 29 19 69

3 MK Dons 34 9 3 5 30 18 10 4 3 36 20 28 64
4 Millwall 35 10 4 4 23 17 9 3 5 26 22 10 64
5 Leeds United 36 12 2 4 39 19 6 3 9 21 24 17 59
6 Oldham 36 9 7 3 32 18 6 6 5 23 27 10 58

7 Scunthorpe 35 9 4 3 31 20 8 2 9 29 31 9 57
8 Stockport 37 8 6 5 29 22 7 5 6 25 20 12 56
9 Tranmere 36 12 4 3 33 17 4 4 9 16 24 8 56
10 Colchester 36 7 4 8 21 20 8 4 5 30 28 3 53
11 36 10 2 6 21 14 5 5 8 23 35 -5 52
12 Huddersfield 36 8 6 5 27 23 5 5 7 20 29 -5 50
13 Walsall 36 9 2 6 27 24 4 7 8 22 26 -1 48
14 Bristol Rovers 34 7 4 5 31 21 5 7 6 27 25 12 47
15 Hartlepool 37 7 7 5 37 31 4 3 11 15 28 -7 43
16 Carlisle 36 7 3 7 29 26 4 5 10 17 30 -10 41
17 Leyton Orient 36 4 4 9 16 24 6 5 8 17 22 -13 39
18 Northampton 34 6 7 4 24 17 3 4 10 19 28 -2 38
19 Crewe 35 8 2 7 26 28 3 3 12 22 37 -17 38
20 Yeovil 35 3 8 5 18 22 6 3 10 14 30 -20 38

21 Swindon 35 5 6 7 29 32 2 8 7 21 27 -9 35
22 Brighton 34 3 5 10 21 36 4 6 6 16 19 -18 32
23 Hereford 33 6 4 7 21 18 2 2 12 11 34 -20 30
24 Cheltenham 34 4 4 9 24 35 1 3 13 15 43 -39 22

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well that makes three of us because that''s exactly how I see it too. Either Butterworth and Crook or Crook and Butterworth. Gunny maybe in some sort of director of football role.

Cue posters moaning about "jobs for the boys"

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well that makes three of us because that''s exactly how I see it too. Either Butterworth and Crook or Crook and Butterworth. Gunny maybe in some sort of director of football role.

Cue posters moaning about "jobs for the boys"

[/quote]

Ah! its Private Widdle.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Ah! its Private Widdle.[Y]

[/quote]

Yes indeed Wiz[Y] But it was Captain Le Pice in Carry On - Follow That Camul[;)]

And I''m feeling a great affinity to Charles Hawtrey because he felt he was the equal of the likes of Joan Simms and Hattie Jaques and that''s how I feel on here. If this was Carry On Posting - Mr Carrow and Tilly would be my Joan and Hattie[:O] But I''m not going to leave in a hissy fit like Charles did.

Oh, and you can be Corporal Clotski [;)]