Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

To Everyone In The Community Stand Corner....

Tuesday night was the first night i''ve sat in that lower tier corner. Me, a couple of my mates and my girlfriend all went along. Considering the atmosphere was very good around the ground, i was dissapointed that it was only us and a couple of others singing.Fair play, it''s obviously up to everybody themselves if they wish to or not; i just feel a good atmosphere in a stand makes the game a lot better. The only places i could get seats for was this stand for Saturday as well. All i''m saying folks is, don''t be afraid to join in and support your team!OTBC.

I found myself looking after my nephew on tuesday (right on that end of the jarrold) and thought the atmosphere whas good.  it was definately better there than it was last time i was up in that corner. 

[quote user="hogesar"]Tuesday night was the first night i''ve sat in that lower tier corner. Me, a couple of my mates and my girlfriend all went along. Considering the atmosphere was very good around the ground, i was dissapointed that it was only us and a couple of others singing.Fair play, it''s obviously up to everybody themselves if they wish to or not; i just feel a good atmosphere in a stand makes the game a lot better. The only places i could get seats for was this stand for Saturday as well. All i''m saying folks is, don''t be afraid to join in and support your team!OTBC.[/quote]I sit up the back of the N&P Upper, and it''s largely very quiet up there. However, there are a group of about half a dozen of us who start chants and join in with most of the Barclay/Snakepit songs. It only takes a small group to make some noise – half a dozen people yelling their lungs out can often persuade another hundred or two to join in. There''s a lady sits in front of me who must be well into her 80s, and she joins in as much as her lungs will allow...!

[quote user="spudgfsh"]I found myself looking after my nephew on tuesday (right on that end of the jarrold) and thought the atmosphere whas good.  it was definately better there than it was last time i was up in that corner. [/quote]Well i don''t sit there so i don''t know what its normally like. I think in the corner bit it was probably me and my mates, and then maybe 4 or 5 others at most that joined in with anything. I just think its makes the entire match-day experience a lot better.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="hogesar"]Tuesday night was the first night i''ve sat in that lower tier corner. Me, a couple of my mates and my girlfriend all went along. Considering the atmosphere was very good around the ground, i was dissapointed that it was only us and a couple of others singing.Fair play, it''s obviously up to everybody themselves if they wish to or not; i just feel a good atmosphere in a stand makes the game a lot better. The only places i could get seats for was this stand for Saturday as well. All i''m saying folks is, don''t be afraid to join in and support your team!OTBC.[/quote]I sit up the back of the N&P Upper, and it''s largely very quiet up there. However, there are a group of about half a dozen of us who start chants and join in with most of the Barclay/Snakepit songs. It only takes a small group to make some noise – half a dozen people yelling their lungs out can often persuade another hundred or two to join in. There''s a lady sits in front of me who must be well into her 80s, and she joins in as much as her lungs will allow...![/quote]I have sat their a few times this season due to not being a season ticket holder at the moment. I thought it was quite quiet but i do remember a few people trying their best. I also remember sitting at the back of the upper n & p this season. There was a man who had a bad back or whatever and was standing up - no one behind him obviously .Stewards wouldn''t allow it though, which was a bit sad to see!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="hogesar"]Tuesday night was the first night i''ve sat in that lower tier corner. Me, a couple of my mates and my girlfriend all went along. Considering the atmosphere was very good around the ground, i was dissapointed that it was only us and a couple of others singing.Fair play, it''s obviously up to everybody themselves if they wish to or not; i just feel a good atmosphere in a stand makes the game a lot better. The only places i could get seats for was this stand for Saturday as well. All i''m saying folks is, don''t be afraid to join in and support your team!OTBC.[/quote]I sit up the back of the N&P Upper, and it''s largely very quiet up there. However, there are a group of about half a dozen of us who start chants and join in with most of the Barclay/Snakepit songs. It only takes a small group to make some noise – half a dozen people yelling their lungs out can often persuade another hundred or two to join in. There''s a lady sits in front of me who must be well into her 80s, and she joins in as much as her lungs will allow...![/quote]I have sat their a few times this season due to not being a season ticket holder at the moment. I thought it was quite quiet but i do remember a few people trying their best. I also remember sitting at the back of the upper n & p this season. There was a man who had a bad back or whatever and was standing up - no one behind him obviously .Stewards wouldn''t allow it though, which was a bit sad to see![/quote]My old man is in a similar position – he''s got an artificial hip and we sit in the very back row so he can stand up and stretch if he needs to. The stewards are generally very understanding, although I sometimes see how many liberties I can take with staying on my feet after some excitement... the jackets up there are a pretty mellow bunch, though. That was quite possibly me making all the noise – back row of Block Q, that''s generally the noisiest part of the graveyard... [;)]

we sit in the Wensum Wing family area......Theres was actually alot of singing in there!! never heard it before..Its all good!!!

[quote user="hogesar"]Tuesday night was the first night i''ve sat in that lower tier corner. Me, a couple of my mates and my girlfriend all went along. Considering the atmosphere was very good around the ground, i was dissapointed that it was only us and a couple of others singing.

Fair play, it''s obviously up to everybody themselves if they wish to or not; i just feel a good atmosphere in a stand makes the game a lot better. The only places i could get seats for was this stand for Saturday as well. All i''m saying folks is, don''t be afraid to join in and support your team!

OTBC.
[/quote]

Well said. May be singing in that corner will also persuade the N&P (River) end of the Jarrold Stand to join in. The Central blocks and those nearest to the opposition already do so.

The quietest place in the ground has got to be the upper tier of norwich and peterborough or the corner stand between N&P and city stand, that is really quiet but some people got a chant going in there on tuesday! Quite remarkable!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]The quietest place in the ground has got to be the upper tier of norwich and peterborough or the corner stand between N&P and city stand, that is really quiet but some people got a chant going in there on tuesday! Quite remarkable!
[/quote]

I have heard a chant out of the upper tier of the Community Stand once. However the quietest place in the ground has to be the MORGUE  (aka City or G. Watling) stand. I know of only three live occupants of that stand, Mello Yello, Mr. Tilson and Gunny.  

I sit in geff wattling stand and i dont think its that quiet as people make out. I been there for 4 seasons now and its full of people moaning and screaming at a stray pass so it aint to bad

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]The quietest place in the ground has got to be the upper tier of norwich and peterborough or the corner stand between N&P and city stand, that is really quiet but some people got a chant going in there on tuesday! Quite remarkable![/quote]I think i''d have to agree with you regarding the corner stand. Why are people so reluctant to join in singing at a football match? I don''t think i''ll ever know the answer.

It seems that some people just can''t be bothered to, but it definately helps the atmosphere, and more importantly it seems to help get the players going.

In there again for Saturday, just gotta hope some chants get going...

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]

It seems that some people just can''t be bothered to, but it definately helps the atmosphere, and more importantly it seems to help get the players going.

In there again for Saturday, just gotta hope some chants get going...

[/quote]John! [:D]

I have a season ticket in that stand, and the reason it is quiet is because there is alot of old people who sit in there.  Do you relley expect a bunch of oldies to get up on their feet and sing.  When I say old, I don''t mean 50 odd, I mean 70''s and 80''s.

[quote user="Boyo"]I have a season ticket in that stand, and the reason it is quiet is because there is alot of old people who sit in there.  Do you relley expect a bunch of oldies to get up on their feet and sing.  When I say old, I don''t mean 50 odd, I mean 70''s and 80''s.[/quote]Ahh come on. I''ll gee ''em up!