Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City v Plymouth match thread

Well done PETE!![:D]

Well ill start off the predictions

2-1 to city, fancy us to go 1 up and then be pegged back to 1-1, gow deserved a goal on tuesday night and will pop up with the winner 9 minutes from time!

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]

Well done PETE!![:D]

Well ill start off the predictions

2-1 to city, fancy us to go 1 up and then be pegged back to 1-1, gow deserved a goal on tuesday night and will pop up with the winner 9 minutes from time!

[/quote]

1-0 mcdonald

...oh shit, it''s only Friday morning and I''m in Shanghai and I''m hallucinating.

But I dreamt of a goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal, hence my pre-match, match commentary.Thing was I think the team who scored was in green, so not sure whether that was Plimuff or us....

Oh never mind, I''ll go back to bed

By the way, who else is going to Swansea. I''m doing my annual one-game-a-year pilgrimage on the weekend of the Swansea game so will be heading to South Wales. Any recommendations about what to / where to go pre game???

[quote user="Louis"]2-0 to us - Gow and McDonald.[/quote]

I like what Louis says.  I think (and hope and assume and pray) Gunn has found the magic formula of player lineup that will work for us, and will stick with it, and if it proves to be not working, will have the balls to make substitutions early enough to correct whatever mistake(s) he may have made so we can win comfortably.  No more of this "2nd goal in injury time" crap because that is unnecessary against such a susceptible (sp?) opponent as Plymouth.

A comfortable home win is what should be in the cards. See ya at 9AM (my time, not yours [:D]) (Or is it 10 AM now we switched clocks?  We always seems to do it a week off of when you do it, and we did it last Sunday.)

a massive OTBC from Korea...........The City flag shall be flying from the 14th floor wide across the vast ocean of apartment blocks here..........................2-1 to us.....far from convincing but at this stage who gives a flying &*&* ?!?!

Even Sturrock is hoping for a Norwich win lol-look under his video caption :-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7923123.stm

My biggest worry is that in ten visits to Carra this season I have witnessed one win ( the scum game). Am I therefore a bad luck charm? Well, the bad news is that I''m there this afternoon, so if it all goes tits up please feel free to pop over to Upper Barclay Block A  and beat me senseless!

Having said that, I''m also going for 2-0 City with Gow getting on the scoresheet, along with  a Sammy pen.( We must get one sometime, surely?!)

The Manager''s thoughts

Norwich manager Bryan Gunn told BBC Radio Norfolk:

"I''m not going to say ''six-pointer'' again, because it didn''t bring us any luck, fortune or good play at Blackpool.

"I will say it''s another massive game, the reaction on Tuesday night was excellent. The spark that I asked for came back, the players sparked each other and the crowd responded to that - we hope that we can recreate that.

"We know we''re going to be in for a fight, I know Paul Sturrock very well from our days in Scotland together, I know that his team''s go out there and fight, battle, and we''ll need to match that."

Plymouth Argyle manager Paul Sturrock told BBC Spotlight:

"We''ve got a difficult game coming up and then Burnley at home, who are chasing the prize up top.

"It''s important we take points now and I''d love to think we could do something now and the weekend after.

"It''s going to be very difficult for us on Saturday but we''ve been to Wolves, we''ve been to Watford and we''ve been to Crystal Palace in the past and come back with results. I don''t see why we can''t go to Norwich and get one."

I''m going 2-1 to us as am feeling a bit more confident after such a performance against Cardiff.

CMON YOU YELLOWS

I would love to predict a City win, but my head tells me that perhaps a draw will be as good as we can achieve.We have been too inconsistent, too up and down, and it could be physical and our slighter players  put off their game.Gallacher(?) is fit again for them, and he needs only a sniff, so he will have to well marked. I think that he will score, so I go for 1-1.

If he starts the same line-up as Tuesday and if Gow can play as well as he did then I don''t see why we couldn''t win again.

I''ll go 1-0 to us.

If other results go our way we could be out of the bottom three by 5pm....

2-0 To City, Shacks with a header from a corner, Gow from the edge of the box, 31 mins and 57 mins. The crowd will be 25,471 and their names are........

3-0 City

Feeling very confident... My son''s under 19s won the first game of the new season 6-0 today .. it''s got  to be  a good omen (season starts in March here)

I think we''ll just shade it....2-1. Plymouth will put up a better challenge than Cardiff....It''ll be a game tighter than a gnat''s chuff....

Team from Canaries website:Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell, Croft, Clingan, Doherty (c), Hoolahan,

Gow, Mooney, Russell, Bertrand.Subs: Carney, Lappin, Leijer, Nelson

(GK), McDonald.Fingers crossed...

I''ve tried to join Canaries World a few times... no luck....

Can''t get any radio here in Australia

so  please keep plenty of comments coming when we kick off

[quote user="Cayra"]

I''ve tried to join Canaries World a few times... no luck....

Can''t get any radio here in Australia

so  please keep plenty of comments coming when we kick off

[/quote]I think the text update service is free. Probably runs well behind the play, though.

Perhaps the Pilgrims will be tired, it''s a long drive from Plymouth, I wonder if they flew down and paid their own air fares ?

Anyway I believe, from listening to the radio, that if they go behind early then they rarely fight back to win, so all we need is a couple of goals in the first ten minutes and . . . . . .

ON THE BALL CITY ! ! ! !

It''s Ok   but text is always a bit slow.... and sterile

You need the crowd noise

It''s all good now... I''ve got so many windows open with chat rooms , boards and gamecasts....

we have to win one of them

Norwich

• 01 Marshall

• 02 Otsemobor

• 04 Shackell

• 12 Doherty

• 21 Bertrand

• 07 Croft

• 08 Clingan

• 20 Russell

• 14 Hoolahan

• 17 Gow

• 18 Mooney

Substitutes

• 25 Nelson,
  • 11 Carney,
  • 19 Lappin,
  • 22 Leijer,
  • 27 McDonald

and

Plymouth

• 01 Larrieu

• 33 Gray

• 19 Seip

• 22 Cathcart

• 15 Barker

• 23 Judge

• 02 Duguid

• 28 Fletcher

• 25 Mackie

• 11 Gallagher

• 24 Barnes

Substitutes

• 03 Paterson,
  • 05 Timar,
  • 06 Clark,
  • 14 Fallon,
  • 17 Noone

Unchanged side from that from the win against Cardiff - very sensible. Glad to hear Shackell is fit as well.