Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Are Jamie's Days Over?

I cannot fault the front line players against Cardiff, and barring injuries, Gunn must keep that line up, so where does that leave my hero Jamie C?

Gow, Mooney, Killen and Cort I don''t see as here next season, so does Curo have a future at City?

No cheap shots please.

Well I doubt any Championship clubs would be interested in him in the summer, so we''ll either hang on to him as a squad player if we go down, or he''ll end up in League One/League Two anyway with a smaller team if we stay up. Although, to be honest, I doubt he''d score many for us in League One.

[quote user="Coelho"]Well I doubt any Championship clubs would be interested in him in the summer, so we''ll either hang on to him as a squad player if we go down, or he''ll end up in League One/League Two anyway with a smaller team if we stay up. Although, to be honest, I doubt he''d score many for us in League One.[/quote]Agree with you completely mate, Cureton has never been good enough for us since his return, but if we get relegated he may have a role to play.  Otherwise I hope we ship him out, because he isn''t going to get us the goals that we need a striker to get.

I think it all depends what players are available in the transfer market in the close season. We will probably have Cort, Martin, McDonald and Daley to choose from next season, and I would imagine Gunny would like to bring in at least one new striker if he can, which might mean that Cureton is surplus to requirements. I was hoping that Jamie would find some form, but he has had a fair number of chances to prove himself and his strike rate is abysmal, so I think he might be shown the door at the end of the season.

I think he has played his last game for us and will be playing League 1 next season for Barnsley after leaving us on a free this summer.

Shame as he was a quality player but is not the man he was a few seasons ago.

He''s  nearly 34 so getting towards the end of his career now Wizard, guess it''ll be League 1 footy next for a season or too perhaps and then find himself a real job.

[quote user="cityangel"]He''s  nearly 34 so getting towards the end of his career now Wizard, guess it''ll be League 1 footy next for a season or too perhaps and then find himself a real job.[/quote]Guarantee you that if Bradford sign him to play alongside Peter Thorne he''ll get 25 goals next season... [:P]

He still has the ability, there''s no doubt about that, but whether that his future is here or not leaves a lot to be desired.

Certainly cannot see him staying on same wages when Cody is probably earning 10% of them.

If we go down, I would hold on to him, if we stay up, I''d still hold on to him, I sincerly believe there is a role for him at the club.

[quote user="First Wizard"]If we go down, I would hold on to him, if we stay up, I''d still hold on to him, I sincerly believe there is a role for him at the club.[/quote]wiz you need to take those curo rose tinted glasses off my friend...if we go down i would kep him as an impact player last 20-25 minutes or so, but if we stay up he will leave imo...not good enough as he has proved this season...i do like curo city through and through but that isnt enough i affraid

[quote user="First Wizard"]If we go down, I would hold on to him, if we stay up, I''d still hold on to him, I sincerly believe there is a role for him at the club.[/quote]After all the sitters he has missed this season, why would you want to keep someone who is surely one of the top money-earners at the club? Target men can keep going well into their late 30s (see Dion), but ''nippy'' strikers don''t age quite so well. JC has clearly lost the yard of pace that once made him a decent striker at this level, and he''s now no better than League Two standard. Surely it''s time to give younger players a chance – Cody, Martin and Renton have all showed promise, and they''ll command a lot less in wages too (although the rumours are that Grant gave Martin an astronomical contract for someone of such limited experience!).

He has One year left on his contract and if he loved  the club he would know it was time to move on as we are not in a posistion to spend £400K A year on a player thats surplus to requirements and will only get worse as that year goes on.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="First Wizard"]If we go down, I would hold on to him, if we stay up, I''d still hold on to him, I sincerly believe there is a role for him at the club.[/quote]wiz you need to take those curo rose tinted glasses off my friend...if we go down i would kep him as an impact player last 20-25 minutes or so, but if we stay up he will leave imo...not good enough as he has proved this season...i do like curo city through and through but that isnt enough i affraid[/quote]

I can''t help it mate, I just love the little bugger................and I can see Cody Mac becoming another hero of mine too.[Y]

[quote user="canaryman"]i say get rid of jamie cureton and you 1st wazzock[/quote]

No cheap shots please.

Struggled with that did you? [:''(]

Jeez! [:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="First Wizard"]If we go down, I would hold on to him, if we stay up, I''d still hold on to him, I sincerly believe there is a role for him at the club.[/quote]wiz you need to take those curo rose tinted glasses off my friend...if we go down i would kep him as an impact player last 20-25 minutes or so, but if we stay up he will leave imo...not good enough as he has proved this season...i do like curo city through and through but that isnt enough i affraid[/quote]

I can''t help it mate, I just love the little bugger................and I can see Cody Mac becoming another hero of mine too.[Y]

[/quote]lol...and yes i hope cody goes on to bang lots of goals in for naarich...(until we sell him[N])

[quote user="cityangel"]He''s  nearly 34 so getting towards the end of his career now Wizard, guess it''ll be League 1 footy next for a season or too perhaps and then find himself a real job.[/quote]

Perhaps Jamie''s post-football real job could be working for Wizard and seek virgins in the greater Lowestoft metropolis. It would not be life or death if he failed to score due to shortage of talent. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me. 

i think gow is problerley on loan witha view to a permanet transfer if we stay up

as for Killen - here to make up numbers

Mooney - If he does really well i think reading will have him back, if he does ok, i think if reading get promoted, they`ll listen to offers

Cort - depends if he comes through Pre-season he''s worth a squad place

Think it unlikely that Reading will let Mooney go as Coppell seems to rate him highly.

Hopefully our strike force next year will be Cort, Cody, Daley and one of Ched, Mooney (if he keeps playing like he did) or Lita.

Not sure there is a place for Martin and his £5k a week.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="cityangel"]He''s  nearly 34 so getting towards the end of his career now Wizard, guess it''ll be League 1 footy next for a season or too perhaps and then find himself a real job.[/quote]

Perhaps Jamie''s post-football real job could be working for Wizard and seek virgins in the greater Lowestoft metropolis. It would not be life or death if he failed to score due to shortage of talent. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me. 

[/quote]

[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/small_carly/The%20WAGs/lm0005.jpg[/img]

With this waitimg at home, would you waste your time in Lowestoft?

Knowing you, you would![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/small_carly/The%20WAGs/lm0005.jpg[/img]

[/quote]he would probably miss the hole....lol

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you think this one has a "pure" look about her then it''s little wonder those hexes of yours are not delivering the goods.

Sadly wiz someone that bleeds yellow and green is no longer a prerequisite! I would love JC to rekindle some of that magic, but he just doesn’t have that pace and clinical finishing he once had! I don’t think he has a place at the club any more sadly. I think putting him on the bench as an impact player will only demoralise his confidence further!