Sign in to follow this  
shardy

Holt - Finally you're all starting to see the light.

but when will worthy.

I have been going on about this since the early days of last season that playing with holt is like starting every match with 10 men and 1 loose headless chicken.

I hate getting on players backs from my NCFC but it really does get to me, how has holt ever played so many games for us He can''t pass, he can''t tackle, his control is average - poor, he never wants the ball (as soon as he gets it he gets rid of it, half the time to the opposition) and he doesn''t score so why is he there.

If anyone can put together a genuine reason why he gets in the team ahead of saffri or mulryne i''ll be amazed.

Come on worthy give us a chance of staying up, drop holt NOW and start the next game with 11 players for a change (it may just work )

P.S. we can''t even think of getting rid of worthy so don''t even start discussing it.

We all know it''s about work rate for Worthy. Holt puts in 300% and his reward is to start every Saturday despite clearly not being good enough.

It doesn''t look like we''ll ever see Mullers in a first team City shirt again, sadly despite him being our most valueable asset until Hucks came along. We really could of done with him on Saturday and it looks like even the players think that too from what Robert Green said.

Safri? Safri can''t even get on the bench now. He had a shocker at Liverpool, sure, but other than that he''s been outstanding. But then again, he and Holt are the same kind of player and whilst Holt and Worthy have this special relationship I can never see him muscling back into first team thinking.

Yes i do agree with you about holts work rate ( he probably does cover every blade of grass 3 times over) I think this is highly comendable for Holt but as you also said he''s clearly not good so whats the point in having a player who covers every part of the pitch but when he gets there he''s crap.

[quote]We all know it''s about work rate for Worthy. Holt puts in 300% and his reward is to start every Saturday despite clearly not being good enough. It doesn''t look like we''ll ever see Mullers in a first ...[/quote]

i don''t give a damn about special relationships!

worthy has a stark choice and it affects all city fans

continue playing holt and watching us draw (at best) and be relegated

start playing a creative midfilder (mullers) alongside Damo, or give Safri an extended run in the team

it is a choice he has already made, by the looks of it, and although our current status is not all due to playing holt above anyone else, it does have a huge impact on our game (and results) as we cannot get the ball out to our forwards - holt cannot pass the ball well enough in this league, has no creativity or football vision (sorry - but he doesn''t!) - yes he works hard and gives 100% and that was fine in the fizzy league, but we aren''t there now

although, next year, be prepared, holt will still be playing in midfield, but at rotherham, plymouth and crewe

division one anyone?  why are we committing suicide after nine long years waiting for this chance?

[quote]but when will worthy. I have been going on about this since the early days of last season that playing with holt is like starting every match with 10 men and 1 loose headless chicken. I hate ...[/quote]

What the fans can do at this moment are giving full support to the players, not finger pointing to everyone! The manager has his job to choose the team that will benefit to us.

Strangely enough I think we would miss Holt if he was not in the team.  He performs the least glamorous, but most important, role of "spoiler". I sit amongst a group of fans who are not Holt admirers and it''s interesting when you watch him closely throughout the whole game - sure he has a high work rate but he also breaks down many opposition moves and is very disruptive to the other teams play. There are numerous occasions when I point out to the baiters Holt''s value. Without him we could well get overrun in midfield as apart from Francis we are not particularly physically strong between our defence and attack.

Fatman, you''re so right.

I watched the Man City game and every time their attacks broke down it was Holt who caused it. He is constantly working to disrupt the oppositions attacks, but he could learn a little better about how to start our own from that situation.

Poor gary holt???????

Never mind if we had £18million to spend we could buy Patrick Vierra but we haven''t so its gary holt.

i have a novel idea why don''t we get behind anyone who puts the green & yellow shirt on instead of all standing there like cardboard cut outs moaning about the players. I for one did not think this was going to be easy if we finish 17th which we could that would probably exceed a lot of peoples expectations

ok folks rant over

Correct - the most accurate piece of writing this board has seen for a while.

My Gary Holt moment that sums him up is.....

We had a corner and it went straight into the hands of their keeper.  He looked to throw it quickly to their winger who was on the run but he couldn''t. 

Because as soon as the ball hit his gloves Holty turned round and ran alongside this bloke for 50 yards.  Now 99% of the crowd wouldn''t have even noticed. 

However the whole crowd would have done so if their winger went racing away down the pitch on his own.

This might have been last season but the point still stands.

In conclusion

Granted Holt can''t do the things some of the other players can do, but he can do a lot of things others can''t.

If we could get away with 12 players I would have Holt, Damo and Phil in central midfield.  one to spoil and break it up and cover, one to gallop forward and get 8 goals a season and one to pass it and want the ball.

Every player has their faults, Damo looks great and then goes missing for 5 mins, Safri can''t play without getting booked, Mulryne always wants the ball but never plays the killer pass, etc, etc.

I would like to see Mulryne play because he asks for the ball and makes us play football, rather than this break it up and gallop forward thing we seem to have fallen into in the last year.  Last year we got away with it because with Cooper we had three to break it up and all we did was attack - easier against weaker opposition.

But saying that I wouldn''t drop either Holt or Francis - this means playing three in central midfield - and then who do you drop.

Does anyone remember Gillingham last year at home.  All got very tetchy in the first half as we kept giving the ball away. Mulryne came on at half time and we kept the ball for the whole 45 mins and had patience and scored 3 goals.