Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Pattison to leave on loan??

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I get the impression that Matty was Grim Roeder''s favourite student and consequently spat his dummy out when he was sacked.
[/quote]

"spat his dummy out"?  I have no idea what that means. Someone, please.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I get the impression that Matty was Grim Roeder''s favourite student and consequently spat his dummy out when he was sacked.
[/quote]

"spat his dummy out"?  I have no idea what that means. Someone, please.

[/quote]

"thrown his toys out of the pram" is another.  Basically having a tantrum......I believe having a paddy on is a norfolk expression.

Patty will be missed even if it is just for the fact he is a "bustler". On loan is ok for the moment mind you because it never harms to keep a player topped up with match practice. The proof will be in the pudding in the summer because at that point he will be an almost sure starter.If you believe the rumours Fotheringham will be gone and Clingan will almost certainly be sold, even if we stay up. That would leave Russell and Patty as the only two recognised senior midfield players at the club with young Adeyemi and Smith as back up.A second point to that would also be down the left where come the summer both Carney and Betrand are due to return to their parent clubs, and Lappin out of contract, leaving us with Hoolahan, Drury and Eagle.Another possible factor is that he is another of the high wage earners which wouldn''t surprise me considering he came from a premiership team and as others have said, a favourite of Roeders.

I think a loan spell would be the best option for both parties. When fit he could cause other sides problems should we keep him in the squad and would at the very least make good cover. If he decides he wants to stay on after being loaned out then by all means give him the chance to prove himself in pre-season training from that point. If not, then I''m pretty sure we could sell him on for a reasonable sum.

On current evidence though, I don''t think we need him unless we suffer from some really, really, REALLY bad luck in the next few games in terms of injuries.

Wouldn''t see it as a bad move.

In the last few reserve games he has looked poor, disinterested, unfit, and his been outclassed by the likes of Tom Adeyami.

I would far rather see a hungry (No Fattison jokes please!) youngster, ala Adeyami, out there ahead of Matty Patty at the moment.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]

In the last few reserve games he has looked poor, disinterested, unfit, and his been outclassed by the likes of Tom Adeyami.

I would far rather see a hungry (No Fattison jokes please!) youngster, ala Adeyami, out there ahead of Matty Patty at the moment.

[/quote]

Sorry but I don''t see that. Management is about getting the best out of people. We need everyone pulling in the right direction and busting a gut (no pun intended) to get there. Whatever his limitations nobody could say that Patty never gave his all in the past. Far better we get him motivated for the cause than giving that deterination to a rival club.

All we need is a couple of injuries and this could be a serious problem.

I remember when he came on to replace Hoolahan a few games back with ten minutes to go and he did not play well at all. I can only assume that his attitude then was the final straw for the management. It''s a shame, but if he is not happy we must let him go and get some people in that will give 100% come what may.  

I think it is still fallout from the drink drive incident and how he has not been seen to represent the club the way Gunny wants.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I get the impression that Matty was Grim Roeder''s favourite student and consequently spat his dummy out when he was sacked.[/quote]Correct. If Gunn lets him go now, he needs his head testing.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]

[/quote]I missed your post - thats interesting. people play down the value of rezzie games but they are a real test of character. Thats disappointing if his head has dropped, he always seemed to me to be the sort that just loved to play. Once that goes, its just a job and little sympathy from me if they get dropped.

We cannot afford to let him go out on loan. We need ALL hands on deck for the last 8 games!

No doubt Doomcaster will stick his oar in though and insist on saving some money!

Pattisons been seen leaving the ground at homes games after 2pm in a right strop!

I can understand his frustrations cause he has been alright this season and in out current position would be handy with his fight and commitment!

Obviously he isn''t Gunny cup of tea like he was Roeders!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]Then ''Gunny'' needs to grow up.

And, for what it''s worth, currently being linked to either Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Plymouth, Oldham Athletic so far.

Limited at best. In the long term we should be aiming to have better players than that at this football club. And i agree with the comments that Adeyemi has outshone him in reserve games.

The fact that their are rumours of an attitude problem flying about (a la Fozzy) also say to me that he''s not the kind of team player we need.

Having said all that, i don''t see what benefit a short term loan at this stage of the season would be to anyone. The club or the player

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]Then ''Gunny'' needs to grow up. [/quote]It sounds to me more like Pattison needs to grow up. His recent behaviour (if the rumours are true besides the drink driving stuff) is akin to that of Mr.Fotheringham''s little stropfest against Coventry. Gunn is a kind, gentle soul but he''s no slouch either and won''t think twice about giving someone a rollicking if they are not pulling their weight. If Pattison really is acting like such a child then I revert back to my earlier suggestion of him going out on loan to either get away from the club for a bit, or go to effectively advertise himself for the shop window come summer time.

If we can find one stupid enough to pay his wages fro the rest of the season before we hopefully offload him in the summer then great!!! One of the worst players to ever play for NCFC.

If Gunny puts a 24 hour call back on the loan then we are the only winners really. Both Pattision and Fozzy will be getting first team football on loan (assuming they go to a very poor side who would play them), which they will not be getting at Norwich, so If they are required due to injury they will be fresh and fit.

If both Pattison and Fotheringham are allowed to leave on loan, hopefully we can get another loan in ourselves.

Ill be glad to see the back of the fat one.

he has looked disinterested and rubbish for most of teh season, just because he scored a few lucky goals doesn''t change that. Loan him out then sell him.

We can give young players a go

[quote user="San Miguel"]

''cor blast ooh, he''s got a rite cob on''

seems to work in these parts too

[/quote]

He''s got a right cob on definitely doesn''t mean ''he''s thrown a tantrum'' in these parts! In fact it means something quite different!

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

Ill be glad to see the back of the fat one.

he has looked disinterested and rubbish for most of teh season, just because he scored a few lucky goals doesn''t change that. Loan him out then sell him.

We can give young players a go

[/quote]

Good Gracious, how can you say that ?! Whenever, I have seen him play he has played well and had run himself into the ground. At Plymouth he was outstanding.

thats one game in 30. He isnt good enough and a waste of money.

In most of the games i have seen him he has looked slow disinterested and 7 in 10 passes went out of play or to an opponant.