Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Killen Returns To Celtic

I think it is a good idea.  Get him training and away from the first team so that he does not bring down the morale.

It is a shame this has happened and that we still have to pay his wages, but he might be needed in the next 8 games so will wait until the end of the season to say whether it was a mistake to take him in the first place.  Even if it was, think Gunn is allowed a few mistakes if the other options work out.

Perhaps he''s training with Troy Archibald Henville, Shergar, Mountbatten, Elvis and Lappin!

Gunny was head scout for some time prior to becoming manager so should really have been able to avoid mistakes in player recruitment. Only my opinion.

True but I thought Killen was a Crook recommendation from his time down under.

At the moment and from what we have seen so far the Gow, Mooney, Cody impact outweighs the mistakes which is more than can be said for Roeder.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

At the moment and from what we have seen so far the Gow, Mooney, Cody impact outweighs the mistakes which is more than can be said for Roeder.

[/quote]

Me being a pessimist - glad to see it going so well against Cardiff, refreshing, but -

If those players are that good consistently why didn''t Gunny play them earlier?

Can they do it every game?

As far as I can see it''s been a case of getting the three of them up to fitness (Gow, Mooney & Cody). None have exactly been putting in the matchday miles this season at this level so this may have been the earliest Gunny could effectively play them for considerable periods in the case of the first two.On the Killen point, it''s not entirely unusual for a player on loan to train with his home team during the week. Especially where there are large distances involved. Having said that, on the basis of what I''ve seen of Killen in the reserves and snippets of first team games it would take a lot more than training days to get him up to speed!

I think any new player is going to take time to settle into a team''s style of play and show in training what they can do.  At the same time these players need a lot of matchplay to perform to their best.  It is a tough tasking bringing players into a relegation battle who are new to the club and who have not been playing regular football this season and then getting them to perform consistently.

Agree that there has been a lot of Mooney/Cody/Gow hype from one game.  Let''s see how they get on against Plymouth as am sure they will all get another run out.

Roeder was slated for doing the very same thing with Troy. Nothing personal then...

[quote user="First Wizard"]And whoopi bloody do, we''re still paying his wages![:S][/quote]We''re still paying Jamie''s! [:S]

[quote]Gunny was head scout for some time prior to becoming manager so should

really have been able to avoid mistakes in player recruitment. Only my

opinion.[/quote]Surely the player should be held accountable though for not pulling his weight?

In most professions lack of performance is a disciplinable offence.

Can we give players like Jamie and Killen a verbal warning!

[quote user="rjwc22"]

In most professions lack of performance is a disciplinable offence.

Can we give players like Jamie and Killen a verbal warning!

[/quote]At the very least Cureton has put the effort in. It''s the finishing which has let him down, whereas it appears as if Killen couldn''t give a monkeys about the club and the relegation battle.

Killen''s another dud by the looks of things, another loan mistake. Complete waste of yet more money, but I suppose Gunn''s allowed a couple of duds, seeing the amount of terrible loan signings all our other recent managers have made... Better a bad three month loan, I guess, than a bad permanent signing.

It''s not great, but if somehow we manage to stay up we can just put it down as part of Gunn''s learning curve and move on!

Well i have to say this is more money down the drain. Its the second time it has happened. I mean surely can we not put some sort of clause in the cotnract when we signed him allowing to terminate the loan. You think we would have learnt from what happened to troy archibald henville. It amazes me with how little money we have how we are able to waste so much

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]And whoopi bloody do, we''re still paying his wages![:S][/quote]We''re still paying Jamie''s! [:S][/quote]

At least he scored for Norwich reserves this week Lapps!

Wow, the reserves, thank god for that. As long as he scores for the reserves then the 1st team don''t matter and we won''t need him to gain us some points!!!!!!!!!!!111

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]And whoopi bloody do, we''re still paying his wages![:S][/quote]We''re still paying Jamie''s! [:S][/quote]

At least he scored for Norwich reserves this week Lapps!

[/quote]

Glad he has now found his level

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Wow, the reserves, thank god for that. As long as he scores for the reserves then the 1st team don''t matter and we won''t need him to gain us some points!!!!!!!!!!!111[/quote]

I was only pointing out to Lapps, that unlike Killen, who''s wages we still pay, even though he''s buggered off back to Jock land, at least Curo still wears a City shirt!

But of course you....................................................

I was only pointing out to Lapps, that unlike Killen, who''s wages we still pay, even though he''s buggered off back to Jock land, at least Curo still wears a City shirt!

[/quote]This!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Wow, the reserves, thank god for that. As long as he scores for the reserves then the 1st team don''t matter and we won''t need him to gain us some points!!!!!!!!!!!111[/quote]

But of course you....................................................???????????????????????????

[/quote]

Said that he was crap the day we signed him (and of course was slated for it).

Some poster even tried to claim that he had a better record than Chris Porter.

How many goals has Porter got for Derby since his January arrival??? [:$]

[quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

gow was the main reason though!

It''s really refreshing to learn that we gave up Lupoli & Bell to pay Killen''s & Carney''s wages.  [:P]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="First Wizard"]

But of course you....................................................???????????????????????????

[/quote][/quote]Is it one of those tie-break things you get in competitions where you have to complete the sentence in a certain number of words?

[quote user="Superflash"]

At the very least Cureton has put the effort in.
[/quote]

When??? He tried slightly harder than usual in the Barnsley but effort isn''t really something that applies to Cureton.

That said, I''d actually have him in the team ahead of Killen. Which pretty much sums up how bad Killen is.