Sign in to follow this  
Stocky

Ipswich sign Giovanni Dos Santos

Not sure about that.  He looks fairly lightweight, I think he could easily be bullied in the Championship.  That said, he looked good in their friendly against us.

I actually dont believe it!!

My mate (scummer) just told me, i nearly fainted! He will be a revelation! If only for 8 games...

Regretably an absolutely great signing! Im looking forward to seeing him play at Portaloo Road!

AHHHHHH! im so jealous!!

Tore us apart in pre-season. That said he was up against Fatty at left-back.

Ran rings round us in that 5-1 friendly against spurs, everyone was tipping him to go onto big things.....and he ends up at Ipswich! Lets hope this dosent come back to haunt us and he relegates us at ipswich, i predict we stay up, but if we do go down and its them basta@ds that do it, it would probably kill me off!!! Top of the league at portman road replaced by relegated at portman road doesnt bare thinking about.

[quote user="king canary"]I personally think he will get the crap kicked out of him in this league.
[/quote]

lets hope he does for ipswich what shola Ameobi done for stoke.....sod all! Even though they went up he was soon dropped to the bench as he was cack at this level. 

Like when Chelsea signed Shevchenko for £30 million. All take your c@cks out of his arse, he hasn''t played yet so he could be a complete waste of time.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"]Not sure about that.  He looks fairly lightweight, I think he could easily be bullied in the Championship.  That said, he looked good in their friendly against us.
[/quote]

No way. I thought it was a joke when I saw the thread title. He will absolutely rip this league to shreds.

WOW

Quality signing for them, shame Harry hasn''t given him much of a chance at Spurs.

He''s obviously a talented player, will be interesting to see how he adapts to this league.

An impressive signing on the face of it but it''s a gamble, probably an expensive gamble.

But more to the point what the hell is happening? The big boys of the Premiership are either putting their players in the shop window for a summer clear out or giving experience to their youngsters. And in so doing changing the entire Championship table as these loan players will undoubtedly change results and league positions.

The loan system has become a sick joke and a lottery where players can be ''borrowed'' for a few games and sod the overall consequences! Ban all loans NOW!

[quote user="coops"]Like when Chelsea signed Shevchenko for £30 million. All take your c@cks out of his arse, he hasn''t played yet so he could be a complete waste of time.[/quote]get a grip!!!

i think Santos is a fantastic player and i''m gutted he''s on loan at the scum - just hope that by the time he''s properly fit Spurs will want him back

i was surprised he left Barca for Tottenham as it''s a but of a demotion, but I guess he went for Ramos and look what happened there... football is very unpredictable

I''ve never heard of him and he''s a foreigner. They don''t like it up''em and in The Champ you have to put up with a lot of cold steel where it hurts. I reckon people think he''s good cos he''s got a cool name. Sounds a bit like that guy who plays for Blackburn.. what is his name?....

[quote user="beachbum"]If he was as good as some of you think, he wouldnt be at Scum, would he?[/quote]

My point too! Let''s see how he does after one bone-crunching challenge..followed by another..followed by another!

hmm.. a wiley old manager like Arry Redknapp doesnt rate the supposedly "good" Dos Santos and loans him out to a mid table championship side....

Arrys a better judge of player than any of us... i think that says all it needs to about dos Santos.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

hmm.. a wiley old manager like Arry Redknapp doesnt rate the supposedly "good" Dos Santos and loans him out to a mid table championship side....

Arrys a better judge of player than any of us... i think that says all it needs to about dos Santos.

jas :)

[/quote]

Omar koroma anyone? [;)]

Seriously tho, GDS is a quality player who has been injured mosr tof th eseason. Nearly joined Pompey but deal fell through due to not being match fit.

He scored a beaut against Shaktar the other week.

Pre season he tore us apart. He was one of the most technically gifted players i have seen at CR in recent times.

If Hucks can do it in this league (and Hoolers) then so can GDS. End of....

He looks like he has potential, but then potential doesn''t always buy you the groceries. He''ll either excel in the Championship or he''ll absolutely loathe it because of the tough nature of the league. I''m not talking about kickings or the like, but it''s a very physical league and he may underestimate it.