Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Who's going down now

Who will be in the bottom 3 at the end of the season. I think it will be Charlton, Southampton and Norwich/Forest/Plymouth. i think that if we win on sat it will be plymouth but if we draw or lose it will be us 

I put money on a few weeks back on Charlton, Barnsley and Blackpool and still think this is a good shout.

It is still so open, and cannot believe how all the teams keep winning or losing at the same time.

Well I confidently predict Charlton. [;)]

After that its all a bit tight. I''m going for Nottm Forrest as second bottom becasue I think their fixtures and erratic form will find them out.

After that it gets tough. Plymouth have had a bad run but they showed they were decent for large parts of the season and I feel they have turned a corner. Blackpool are not as bad as some people make out and can actually defend quite well but they do have trouble scoring. So that leaves it between us and Southampton and Blackpool for me. I honestly think we might just do it on goal difference, with the Saints dropping, but there is no doubt, one bad result for anyone could change it all 

It''s going to go right to the wire with Forest playing Southampton and Plymouth playing Barnsley on the last day - difficult to see any of those clubs being completely safe - could be our saving grace!

[quote user="NCFC1"]

Who will be in the bottom 3 at the end of the season. I think it will be Charlton, Southampton and Norwich/Forest/Plymouth. i think that if we win on sat it will be plymouth but if we draw or lose it will be us 

[/quote]

Well Charlton are down for sure, but i do fear that we will still go down.

Yes, we might now hit a bit of form but it may be too little too late. The Blackpool defeat is the result we will probably look at and regret not winning.

There are apart from Charlton no really struggling teams around us, plus alot of the other teams have forwards who now seem to be hitting form. Plymouth have Gallagher, Watford have Priskin and the Don Cowie, Forest have Earnshaw and Barnsley have a goalscorer in the shape of Mifsud, whilst Soton have Saganowski who knows where the net is.

I think it will be close but ultimately failure to take anything from the Blackpool game and only taking a point from the home games against Burnley and Coventry will cost us i fear.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="NCFC1"]

[/quote]

Yes, we might now hit a bit of form but it may be too little too late. The Blackpool defeat is the result we will probably look at and regret not winning.

There are apart from Charlton no really struggling teams around us, plus alot of the other teams have forwards who now seem to be hitting form. Plymouth have Gallagher, Watford have Priskin and the Don Cowie, Forest have Earnshaw and Barnsley have a goalscorer in the shape of Mifsud, whilst Soton have Saganowski who knows where the net is.

I think it will be close but ultimately failure to take anything from the Blackpool game and only taking a point from the home games against Burnley and Coventry will cost us i fear.

[/quote]

When you cosider that these are just some of the fixtures involving the bottom clubs you will see that your above comment is irrelevant.

With so many teams playing each other they cannot all gain the points.

Barnsley v Blackpool

Blackpool v Soton

Barnsley v Forest

Blackpool v Plymouth

Watford v Soton

Watford v Barnsley

Blackpool v Forest

Forest v Soton

Plymouth v Barnsley

Lots of 6 pointers there and remember they can''t both win.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="NCFC1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When you cosider that these are just some of the fixtures involving the bottom clubs you will see that your above comment is irrelevant.

With so many teams playing each other they cannot all gain the points.

Barnsley v Blackpool

Blackpool v Soton

Barnsley v Forest

Blackpool v Plymouth

Watford v Soton

Watford v Barnsley

Blackpool v Forest

Forest v Soton

Plymouth v Barnsley

Lots of 6 pointers there and remember they can''t both win.

[/quote]bloody hell some massive games all round....blackpool and barnsley to go with charlton...we just escape(fingers xrossed)

[quote user="Smudger"]

Will stick with who I said in January.

Charlton, us and Blackpool.

[/quote]

A good forecast Smudger, but I hope you are wrong on that one. In any event it will be mighty close come the final day and it might just come down to goal difference.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"]

Will stick with who I said in January.

Charlton, us and Blackpool.

[/quote]

A good forecast Smudger, but I hope you are wrong on that one. In any event it will be mighty close come the final day and it might just come down to goal difference.

[/quote]

You best hope that we save ourselves before the final day Ricardo.

Otherwise your good self and many other Pink Un posters may have to dance the Conga around The Valley with SMUDGE if we do stay up on May 3rd (and he will be expecting all of those who keep putting it off to give out some DELIA OUT chants whether we re-enact The Great Escape or not)... [;)]

It''s going to the wire, and we''ll be most certainly entangled within it......and anyone who thinks we''ll easily beat the drop? Should be an international banker.

I filled in the BBC predictor on Tuesday night after the game- having done the same thing about a month ago it gave 48 points as being enough for safety then - but due to all the top teams stuffing up recently against the relegation fodder then its now over 52 points to safety - it means we need to win 4, draw 2 out of the next 8 or we are down with Charlton and either Forest or Southampton.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Charlton, Plymouth, Blackpool or Forest.[/quote]

Sorry Barnsley not Blackpool Grrr!!!!

So Charlton, Plymouth, and the last place between Forset and BARNSLEY