Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

IM GOING ON RECORD...WERE STAYIN UP

Against Coventry the one thing that echoed in my head was a bit of a flashback to last season.At one point last season we were within touching distance of the playoffs. Then we drifted down the table but i kept thinking if we could just string a few wins together we could sneak into the top six. We didnt.That is how i felt after Coventry. If we could just string together a few wins we''d be safe. But then it hit me. I thought the same thing last season and it didnt happen, so its not gonna happen now. Were doomed.Tuesday night changed all that. If we continue with Cort and Cureton up front and Grounds at CB nothing will change and we''ll go down. Well Gunny has changed things, and the recent changes i think will prove a master stroke. Bringing back Shackell is looking an excellent decision. Grounds going back could be a blessing in disguise as long as Bertrand repeats his Cardiff heroics. And Gow, Mooney and McDonald were like a breath of fresh air up front and provided something we''d lacked all season, even when Lita was here.Attacking threat from 2 young, hungry and energetic strikers, a clear and obvious link between midfield and attack and an end product. A strike force to finally worry the oppositions defence.Im gonna put my neck on the line now and say we''ll stay up, i feel positive and i think the recent changes will do wonders for the team.

Lets hope your right, if the boys can keep playing the way they did Tuesday I''m sure we will stay up, but the worry is that it was a one off. We''ll probably know more by tomorrow evening

Ill probably get slated and called blind and disillusioned but im choosing to be optimistic and positive. Thats the way i see it, i really think Shackell, Gow, Mooney and Cody are gonna save us.

Me too, I predict we stay up and the following results.

Sat Mar 14Plymouth Argyle  3-0

H

Sat Mar 21Birmingham City  0-0

A

Sat Apr 4Sheffield Wednesday 1-0

H

Sat Apr 11Swansea City 1-2 to Swansea

A

Mon Apr 13Watford (7.45pm)    2-0

H

Sun Apr 19Ipswich Town (12.45pm) 0-0

A

Sat Apr 25Reading 0-0

H

Sun May 3

Charlton Athletic 1-0 City

15 points from last 8 games willl do.

A

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

H

A

H

A

H

A

Sat Apr 25Reading 0-0

H

Sun May 3

A

[/quote]

Thats meant to read Charlton 0-1 NCFC

I thought Grounds had gone back? Could be wrong though. I''ll decide after tomorrows game as this season we''ve played games like Tuesdays and then fallen apart on the Saturday.

Except when we trounced Barnsley on a Saturday and collapsed to a 2-2 draw aganst the Saints on a Tuesday. Nothing is certain, but, as we seem to have at last sorted out our strikers, there is every chance we are about to go on a good run.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

H

A

H

A

H

A

Sat Apr 25Reading 0-0

H

Sun May 3

A

[/quote]

[/quote]Remember Arthur, we never beat Sheffield Wednesday, they are our bogey team big time. But I think we''ll beat Reading and pick up 3 points at Birmingham, we have a good record against the Brum

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

H

A

H

A

H

A

Sat Apr 25Reading 0-0

H

Sun May 3

A

[/quote]

[/quote]

Remember Arthur, we never beat Sheffield Wednesday, they are our bogey team big time. But I think we''ll beat Reading and pick up 3 points at Birmingham, we have a good record against the Brum
[/quote]

Not away from home we don''t. I can''t see anything other than a loss at St Andrews

I totally agree with you Barclayman I can see us staying up! I can also see us waving bye bye to gunn and the end of the season if the club has any common sense and ambition.

I just hope Gunn see''s what we see in the younger lads and plays them again on the weekend.

Absolutely no chance of 15 points but then I don''t think we will need that many. I had a play with that predictor thingy on the BBC site and came up with 6 teams with 49 points or less before the last game. 49 points could well be enough for us because of superior goal difference but I am positive 50 points will be safe.

If you take a look at the fixtures you will see many of our rivals have to play several other bottom 6 teams while after Plymouth we really only have Watford and Charlton to worry about. I fancy there will be a lot of throating cutting amongst the strugglers in the coming weeks.

we''ve got a bloody good chance of securing back to back wins tomoz against plymouth,,,3 points there - and i agree - its game on!!!we''ll be right back in the frame to have decent shout of competing to stay up...all season,,,we''ve been up and down - jecks and hides...lets hope we get a good run of form now right at the death...and sure - i''ve been saying for yonks we need 2 strikers to come good to deliver the goals we need to stay up  - looks like we''ve found a natural front pairing just in time...gow and irish...but 3 points tomoz is vital...again///

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

H

A

H

A

H

A

Sat Apr 25Reading 0-0

H

Sun May 3

A

[/quote] 7 clean sheets from 8 games. Are you mad!!!!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I thought Grounds had gone back? Could be wrong though.
 I''ll decide after tomorrows game as this season we''ve played games like Tuesdays and then fallen apart on the Saturday.
[/quote]

He went back after the Blackpool game.

[quote user="Wallerboy"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

H

A

H

A

H

A

Sat Apr 25Reading 0-0

H

Sun May 3

A

[/quote] 7 clean sheets from 8 games. Are you mad!!!![/quote]

Yes I am.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Wallerboy"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

H

A

H

A

H

A

Sat Apr 25Reading 0-0

H

Sun May 3

A

[/quote] 7 clean sheets from 8 games. Are you mad!!!![/quote]

Yes I am.

[/quote] lol i thought so. But hey i hope your right and i think we are staying up too. Just not with that many clean sheets though.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I thought Grounds had gone back? Could be wrong though. I''ll decide after tomorrows game as this season we''ve played games like Tuesdays and then fallen apart on the Saturday. [/quote]he has???

The team has a good look about it now but we have had several excellent one game performances only to be totally feeble and inept in the next game, usually against so called lesser opposition. I sincerely hope we''ve turned the corner now and after tomorrow we will know if we have.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

H

A

H

A

H

A

Sat Apr 25Reading 0-0

H

Sun May 3

A

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our average points per eight games this season is 7.8, and you seriously think we''re going to double that tally in the remaining eight fixtures?!  [:$]  They really shouldn''t give people like yourself computer access at Hellesdon Hospital.

[quote user="shyster"]Our average points per eight games this season is 7.8, [/quote]39 pts from 38 games is not 7.8! Back to school shys! [:D]

bell end - [quote]I sincerely hope we''ve turned the corner now and after tomorrow we will know if we have.[/quote]Dear oh dear. [:$] People have been saying such since the 5-2 victory over Wolves back in October.The footballing world demands that you concentrate a tad more.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="shyster"]Our average points per eight games this season is 7.8, [/quote]39 pts from 38 games is not 7.8! Back to school shys! [:D][/quote]

Go fetch a calculator and work out our points tally per eight games ol'' boy.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="shyster"]Our average points per eight games this season is 7.8, [/quote]39 pts from 38 games is not 7.8! Back to school shys! [:D][/quote]

Go fetch a calculator and work out our points tally per eight games ol'' boy.
[/quote]

I think he did....that''s why he corrected you, as you did your sums backwards.

Shyster - We are averaging just over a point per game (1.0263157) which equals 8.2105256 per eight game block. As you say they really should not allow some people access to a computer.... Whilst what you are trying to say is factually correct if predicting the outcome of footy games was as simple as this mathmatical exercise I would be winning the footy pools every week.....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Shyster - We are averaging just over a point per game (1.0263157) which equals 8.2105256 per eight game block. As you say they really should not allow some people access to a computer.... Whilst what you are trying to say is factually correct if predicting the outcome of footy games was as simple as this mathmatical exercise I would be winning the footy pools every week.....[/quote]

Thus far our points tally per eight games with two fixtures remaining in the 5th sequence of 8 matches IS 7.8 pts - factamundo.We will draw with Plymouth tomorrow & lose at Birmingham, leaving us on 40pts & an average of 8pts per per sequence of eight matches with six games to play.To virtually guarantee survival we would then need at least 11pts from the final six fixtures.Our average points tally per six games this season is a little over 6 points. [:$]

We are Third Division, and like me, you should start getting use to that awful fact- especially awful because it doesn''t guarantee the departure of Delia & co. In fact, in the current climate, it rather enhances their positions at a club that once had all the credentials for Premier football. [:@]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Shyster - We are averaging just over a point per game (1.0263157) which equals 8.2105256 per eight game block. As you say they really should not allow some people access to a computer.... Whilst what you are trying to say is factually correct if predicting the outcome of footy games was as simple as this mathmatical exercise I would be winning the footy pools every week.....[/quote]

Thus far our points tally per eight games with two fixtures remaining in the 5th sequence of 8 matches IS 7.8 pts - factamundo.

We will draw with Plymouth tomorrow & lose at Birmingham, leaving us on 40pts & an average of 8pts per per sequence of eight matches with six games to play.

To virtually guarantee survival we would then need at least 11pts from the final six fixtures.

Our average points tally per six games this season is a little over 6 points. [:$]

We are Third Division, and like me, you should start getting use to that awful fact- especially awful because it doesn''t guarantee the departure of Delia & co. In fact, in the current climate, it rather enhances their positions at a club that once had all the credentials for Premier football. [:@]
[/quote]

This is brilliant stuff Shyster. With insight like this why don''t you have a crack at the Free Bet thread? We can use all the help we can get on forecasting and we don''t criticise each other if we get it wrong.