Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Same scenario as last season?

Last season it seemed as if most teams were really raising their game against us because they wanted to beat the leaders - well, after 21st December they did! 

Anyway, it seems to me that we might soon (if not already) be in the same boat but for the opposite reason...no one wants to be the first team to lose to us!  Does anyone think there might be something in this or am I imagining it?  Blackburn with ten men were better than Blackburn with eleven men without a doubt, and I think there was a lot of pride being played for out there by them. 

Their effort level seemed to go through the roof and their determination not to lose was there for all to see.  Thoughts anyone?  Could this make our first win even harder than we think it is going to be already?

Yes that does come into it , we are considered an easy touch. But the bigger problem is our own players will be starting to think they cannot win a match. Will the Southampton players fear coming to carrow road after their 2-2 draw at highbury ?

of course not they will see it as a chance of getting 3 points. Xmas is coming and we all know what happens to the team that is bottom then , we need some wins and quickly but as to where those wins are going to come from i havent a clue.

I do get the impression the players still dont believe they are going to win a game...we hear a lot about '' if we keep playing like this it will come''... i would rather hear that they are going to MAKE it happen rather than WAITING for it to happen.

So much of football is about self belief and confidence. Look at Arsenal, a month ago they weere beating everyone without any problem..one defeat and they cant even beat the teams at the bottom!

As soon as Blackburn had a man sent off I swore and said ''When was the last time Norwich beat 10 men?'' 

I can''t remember can any of you?

Rovers going down to 10 men was the worst thing that could have happened to us on Saturday.

Inevitably Rovers were going to up their work rate and defend a bit deeper - which was always going to restrict the space that our only class attacker has to work in. With no space beyond defenders and two players tracking his every move and effectively pinned between the left flank and his two chaperones Hux became totally ineffective.

Going back to the question there will be the we are not going to be the first to lose to norwich syndrome - I am sure Rotherham are in the same boat - but I am sure that the same will apply to our second win too.

Swindons 15 games is getting far too close now...

OTBC

I don''t believe anyone will raise their game to beat us fearing the "ignominy" of being our first victim. In fact I think the opposite will happen- teams will relax thinking its going to be relatively easy. Having seen us against Man City (except that 20 minute period in the second half) and Rovers, we may also face the ultimate embarrassment of seeing teams rest key players against us!!!

Yeah I know what you are saying Susie.  You can just imagine the pre match talk by Curbishley on Saturday can''t you

"Now come on lads these are not very good and this must be the easiest three points we can muster this season but above all lets not lose the game as we do not want the indignity of being the first team to lose against these relegation certainties"

Lets face it, we were 1-0 up, Blackurn were down to 10 men (2 or 3 of which were stuck to Hucks most of the time) leaving City with a more than impressive numerical advantage & acres of space to purely keep the ball & play it around a bit, which is ALL they had to do.  Against the only team below us in the league!  

Who would 99% of people want in this situation - Mullers.  For some strange reason (& not for the first time) Worthy wasn''t of the same opinion.

We will NEVER get an easier half this season!