Sign in to follow this  
ndhscanary

Surely Lappin has got to be given a go now

I think the title speaks for itself but basically sure now Simon Lappin must start against birmingham next week! I dont like to really wish injuries on players but hopefully Drury will still be unable to play next week so bertrand will have to play at left back. Now obviously we have Carney who could play on the left wing but surely Lappin is worth a go there or at least in central midfield. The other person to fill in there is patty or fotheringham. But the fact is i just cant see fotheringham playing for norwich ever again and it is clear that pattison has been throwing his toys out of the pram and doesnt seem to be getting along with gunny. So surely Lappin has got to be given a try. He is a very good player and he was treated like a piece of dirt by rodent being made to train with the youth team. Alot of players would go on strike or something along those lines and he has been a brilliant proffesional by keeping his mouth shut and getting on with things. Surely he is worthy of a start

i bet Drury would be chuffed to read this...

unsure why you are abdicating a player none of us have hardly seen play for a long time, and he was below average then... if he gets a chance and does a good job then fair play to him but i''d rather play Pattison, Fozzy, or even Leijer ahead of Simon

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

I think the title speaks for itself but basically sure now Simon Lappin must start against birmingham next week! I dont like to really wish injuries on players but hopefully Drury will still be unable to play next week so bertrand will have to play at left back. Now obviously we have Carney who could play on the left wing but surely Lappin is worth a go there or at least in central midfield. The other person to fill in there is patty or fotheringham. But the fact is i just cant see fotheringham playing for norwich ever again and it is clear that pattison has been throwing his toys out of the pram and doesnt seem to be getting along with gunny. So surely Lappin has got to be given a try. He is a very good player and he was treated like a piece of dirt by rodent being made to train with the youth team. Alot of players would go on strike or something along those lines and he has been a brilliant proffesional by keeping his mouth shut and getting on with things. Surely he is worthy of a start

[/quote]on todays showing - i can''t see carney lasting a full 90 mins - or lapping come to that - he''s not played a first team match for 18 months (on loan north of the border doesn''t count!!!)...ideally - away to brum - i''d prefer to keep it tight with plastic at left midfield and druro - if fit - to come in at left back...on no account would i put shax at left back - he and doc are gelling nicely in the middle of defence...failing that - gunny should kiss and make up with matty patty - play him left midfield - retaining plastic at left back...this keeps the back 4 intact and playing well - while keeping it tight on the left wing...go on gunny --- make the call...

If we turn up with Lappin in central midfield next week at St.Andrews we will get murdred. Gunn has to put any prejudices aside when selecting his midfield next week and pick the BEST player he has on the books to play in that position. IMO that is Pattision, I wouldn''t be against Fotheringham for this game either as my issue with him is that in HOME matches he and Clingan were too similar and we needed that drive from midfield that Russell provides.

I''ve said it on other message boards and I''ll say it again on this, Lappin is an ordinary player who since last playing for Norwich has been built up quite ridiculously on these boards to the extent where ,if he does ever play for us again people will be expecting Cristiano Ronaldo to take to the field.

He''s ordinary-one of the few things Roeder got right!

I would just like to salute the boy Lappin for his professionalism, he''s been stuck in our reserves for going on 2 years and has he ''thrown his toys out of the pram'' and moaned to the media? No he''s got on with things and tried his hardest to get back in our team. Pattison & Fotheringham would do well to take note of this!

why, there is one reason why he isnt playing he isnt good enough, he may play, but Gunn said he would''nt be left like Roeder, but he still only just manages to get a place on the bench, and thats after two midfielders have been ruled out of the first team for various reasons

[quote user="San Miguel"]

i bet Drury would be chuffed to read this...

unsure why you are abdicating a player none of us have hardly seen play for a long time, and he was below average then... if he gets a chance and does a good job then fair play to him but i''d rather play Pattison, Fozzy, or even Leijer ahead of Simon

[/quote]What do you have against Lappin San?

I don''t get all the hype about Lappin. Yes he has ben treated unfairly in the past, but the fact still remains that he is a poor championship player. People seem to want to give him a game just to be nice to him, but you can''t just throw him in at the deep end when he hasn''t played a first team game in ages, and he isn''t even good enough.

I wouldnt say Lappins strongest position is centre midfield, and I doubt he''ll start next week, but when he does finally make an appearence on the pitch, he''ll get a humungous cheer!