Largey

6 loanees in the squad

Bertrand

Gow

Mooney

Leijer

Carney

Shackell

I thought this wasnt allowed (only 5 in the squad), but whats the loophole here...?

He is a foreign player but then so are Carney, Leijer and Mooney. The rule is that players from foreign clubs don''t count towards the 5, so yes it''s Gow who is the exception because Scottish clubs are so foreign.

[url=http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1614201/ShowPost.aspx]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1614201/ShowPost.aspx[/url]

Ah right, I must have missed that one somewhere. I wondered if it had anything to do with the ''emergency'' loans rule....obviously not!

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Yes Gow has a full contract with us with a clause which says he must return to his home club in the summer. (Lets hope that gets changed.) So we were playing 5 loans today to Plymouth''s 4.[/quote]

Can you explain this contract a bit more? I thought he was just here on loan like the others.

I read somewhere, when Lupoli came to us, that it is not possible to loan players from foreign clubs, and this includes Scotland, Ireland etc. To get a player on a temporary basis, a contract has to be drawn up where the player becomes the new club''s player, but a clause is inserted with the undertaking that they will return. Can''t remember where I read it, but it was somewhere ''official''.

Yeah, offcially you can only ''loan'' players from other English clubs. With players from other associations they have some sort of short term contract but with the same effect.

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I read somewhere, when Lupoli came to us, that it is not possible to loan players from foreign clubs, and this includes Scotland, Ireland etc. To get a player on a temporary basis, a contract has to be drawn up where the player becomes the new club''s player, but a clause is inserted with the undertaking that they will return. Can''t remember where I read it, but it was somewhere ''official''.[/quote]

I see what you mean - still sounds like a loan though, just more middle men involved taking a slice of haggis pie! (Or apple strudel in Lupo''s case).