Sign in to follow this  
canaries

fickle fans

when the final game at carrow road  ends this season reading, and say norwich stay up ibet half of the ground will stay behind and clap the under perfoming team, instead of  venting there anger towards the board of directors. how fickle can you be no other club in our position would not protest., at contined rubbish year after year. of course support your team through thick and thin, but remember sometimes you get what what you deserve. here comes the abuse

[quote user="canaries"]when the final game at carrow road  ends this season reading, and say norwich stay up ibet half of the ground will stay behind and clap the under perfoming team, instead of  venting there anger towards the board of directors. how fickle can you be no other club in our position would not protest., at contined rubbish year after year. of course support your team through thick and thin, but remember sometimes you get what what you deserve. here comes the abuse[/quote]

did you type your post in Korean then enter it into an online Translator?

jas :)

I personally dont think the board will get off the hook survive or not, but we need to support the team 100% to have any chance of avoiding the drop.I think Delia should be trying very hard to find an exit strategy. The concept of 20 M for new shares for Mr Cullum with hindsight looks like the best option all round as her shares are probably all but valueless at the moment, but if she kept them and we did manage to suceed she could get her money back with profits.

Sadly thats last years news. we need someone to run the club with vision, something that has been sadly lacking in the last 12 years

[quote user="canaries"]

your are right my freind thankyou for that mature response.

[/quote]

Here''s an idea, Chris, do a few more mature posts and you may get even more mature responses. Here are a few handy hints:

• Why not phrase your grievance in the form of a question? This allows everyone to debate its merits and argue both sides. Rather than make a ''statement''. Which is usually crap.
  • Hold off from using inciting language like ''fickle fans''. This just makes you sound like a binner on a wind-up or, at best, a rude, arrogant prat.
  • Improve your spelling and grammar so that people can actually read what you''re writing.
  • You don''t always have to concetrate on negative aspects of Carrow Road and post them a couple of times a day. When you do this, people get bored very quickly and start ignoring your posts rather than opening them.

There are more but I really can''t be bothered. I already feel ashamed at having responded as much as I have

[quote user="canaries"]iam sure you can see with your head buried in the sand.[/quote]

far from it mate.. i''ve been anti board for years now.. staying up will merely paper over the cracks... we will be here again soon enough, mark my words.

jas :)

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

I personally dont think the board will get off the hook survive or not, but we need to support the team 100% to have any chance of avoiding the drop.I think Delia should be trying very hard to find an exit strategy. The concept of 20 M for new shares for Mr Cullum with hindsight looks like the best option all round as her shares are probably all but valueless at the moment, but if she kept them and we did manage to suceed she could get her money back with profits.

Sadly thats last years news. we need someone to run the club with vision, something that has been sadly lacking in the last 12 years

[/quote]

I personally think that Delia doesn''t actually want to ''exit''......She and the present incumbents, will just as always, allow the close-season to diffuse the anger and for them to keep a low profile (as the norm), ride out the annoyance and general supporter frustration whatever happens on May 3rd regarding whether we stay up - or go down.

They''ll all be there in the Directionless Box again next season.....regardless. She and her hubster don''t want to stand-down with an empty purse or wallet. 

[quote user="canaries"]

you have left me speechless , please highlight the positive for now and the future.

[/quote]Against all expectations we played well and won against Cardiff. i.e. a positive. There is now a glimmer of hope that we may survive. i.e. positive for future. The prime objective at this moment in time is to survive in this division, it''s all hands to the pump.

I''m anti board but the players have let us down big time. They should be mid table and the fact they have lacked every attribute eg hard work, dedication, application to name a few has put us in the position we are in. When they are up for it they can beat anyone when they''re not they look like the leagues wipping boys. Too many times they haven''t really turned up this season and although the management might have been crap which players have given 100 % every game? Not many. I will not be staying at the end of the season to clap them. They simply don''t deserve it.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]

[/quote]

I personally think that Delia doesn''t actually want to ''exit''......She and the present incumbents, will just as always, allow the close-season to diffuse the anger and for them to keep a low profile (as the norm), ride out the annoyance and general supporter frustration whatever happens on May 3rd regarding whether we stay up - or go down.

They''ll all be there in the Directionless Box again next season.....regardless. She and her hubster don''t want to stand-down with an empty purse or wallet. 

[/quote]

While I still think the key issue is whether anyone is prepared to buy the club, I think that a tipping point has been reached this season. Although we got close to the edge last year, we had the long unbeaten run and Ched, which created a relatively positive mood even though we nearly cocked it up at the end. What''s more there was  a genuine expectation that we would build this season. This year, however, we are REALLY looking over the edge with no obvious saviour and many of us believe that we are going down. Add this to the lack of funds, vacillation about managers and the two public meetings where the fans were effectively asked for solutions, and I believe that many of us who would have given the board the benefit of the doubt have now lost any faith in them. All I can see, unless someone comes in, is more of the same.

i dont think everyone is going to give you abuse ...

norwich is our team so we have to support them .

yet as ive said, the people at the top dont have the vision for this club to move forward .

since delia and gang have taken over this club , it has been like a ball at the top of a hill , going downwards and picking up speed rapidly ,

you cant get away with taking so many risks in this division , as our current board have done without it backfiring on you .

we have to grin and bear it , and hopefully someone with a good head on thier shoulders with some finacial clout will save this club and lead it forward .

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="canaries"]

[/quote]

Here''s an idea, Chris, do a few more mature posts and you may get even more mature responses. Here are a few handy hints:

• Why not phrase your grievance in the form of a question? This allows everyone to debate its merits and argue both sides. Rather than make a ''statement''. Which is usually crap.
  • Hold off from using inciting language like ''fickle fans''. This just makes you sound like a binner on a wind-up or, at best, a rude, arrogant prat.
  • Improve your spelling and grammar so that people can actually read what you''re writing.
  • You don''t always have to concetrate on negative aspects of Carrow Road and post them a couple of times a day. When you do this, people get bored very quickly and start ignoring your posts rather than opening them.

There are more but I really can''t be bothered. I already feel ashamed at having responded as much as I have

[/quote]Oi chunky...concentrate spelt wrong..

[quote user="twinkle toes silvester"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="canaries"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Oi chunky...
concentrate spelt wrong..
[/quote]

Gosh, sorry about that; won''t happen again. Although it should be ''wrongly'' not ''wrong'' and my name, much like yours, deserves a capital letter.

[quote user="canaries"]when the final game at carrow road  ends this season reading, and say norwich stay up ibet half of the ground will stay behind and clap the under perfoming team, instead of  venting there anger towards the board of directors. how fickle can you be no other club in our position would not protest., at contined rubbish year after year. of course support your team through thick and thin, but remember sometimes you get what what you deserve. here comes the abuse[/quote]

Personally I wish you would just disappear and support Mubarton Rangers or someone, I dont need you supporting my club:. a club in which I put my time and energy, my money and my love.You can see nothing but the league standings and there is much more to the Club than that. The Board is doing a reasonable job considering the dice that are loaded against them and I believe most of the shareholders (who actually own the club) believe that to be the case as otherwise they would hold an EGM. If you think the boys are "rubbish" then go somewhere else.

On the ball City!

Sorry canaries,but ''fickle'' means the complete opposite of what you are trying to get at,or am i being a bit thick?

Fickle !!   which ones are you conting , surely you are not questioning the 24,000 at every home game.   Idiot.  I would say however that the fans that you have confusingly accused of being fickle are merely concerned about our slide in the wrong direction in the table. I think the club of our size and the commitment we have from fans have a right to question why we are struggling in the league...

How can the ground move? Of course its gonna stay there!

Pretty spot on there Beau. Go down, stay up, the main problems remain, and until the board start looking at long term solutions and addressing the reasons for the long decline then we are indeed in for more of the same old. Trouble is a division down we will have to do yet another rebuild. Only positive as I can see it at the moment is we appear to have unearthed an utter gem in Cody McDonald, if we do go down I can at least see some hope in a team being built around him. But to lose effectively four or five of our better players will be a blow I am not sure we can recover from in the short term.

Sadly, nothing the board have done or said during the past season, nor the one before that has given me any confidence in them or their ability to find a way out of our present decline.

A word that teenage girls use in surprise,anger or sarcasm

"oh my gosh, you just fell out of the 20th floor! are you ok?"
"Gosh mom, mom why can''t i go bungee jumping off the bridge with a bad cord?"
"oh my gosh! ther''s a feather on the sofa

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

While I still think the key issue is whether anyone is prepared to buy the club, I think that a tipping point has been reached this season. Although we got close to the edge last year, we had the long unbeaten run and Ched, which created a relatively positive mood even though we nearly cocked it up at the end. What''s more there was  a genuine expectation that we would build this season. This year, however, we are REALLY looking over the edge with no obvious saviour and many of us believe that we are going down. Add this to the lack of funds, vacillation about managers and the two public meetings where the fans were effectively asked for solutions, and I believe that many of us who would have given the board the benefit of the doubt have now lost any faith in them. All I can see, unless someone comes in, is more of the same.

[/quote]

Some good points made here.  It depresses me a bit that if we claw our way to safety this season, it could all be in vain next time around.  I really had patience this season because I expected mid-table and progress, but its been a near disaster.  We''ll hear the usual stuff from the board about new signings and "a fresh start", but I have no confidence in them at all now.  I know however there''s nobody in the wings waiting to take over, and that doesn''t fill me with joy.

If we stay up, I''ll stay and applaud those who may take us to safety (Gunny, Crook, etc and the players that are giving their all such as Croft, Doc and so on).  If any of the board dare show their faces on the lap of honour then I hope they get a very different reaction.

Bobert, what would be the point of holding an EGM when Delia and Michael hold the majority of the shares? Maybe enough people standing up to say their piece would make them understand that changes have to be made, but apart from that they still have total control and therein lies one of our major problems. I am a shareholder and I am far from satisfied with the board''s record of running our club.

You say the dices are loaded against them, what do you mean by this remark? I would say, comparing us to the other clubs in this league, we have more than a fair chance of competing, given our crowds, recent money gained from promotion, including parachute payments, or do you think this has all been well spent?

You may be happy with spending three successive seasons in the bottom half of this league, frankly I am not.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="canaries"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that post amused me, shame you got pulled up by the spelling nazis! bet you used the old spellcheck? Well i''m off to bed now, drunk half a bottle of champage (well actually fake stuff to be perfectly honest) to celebrate todays win and the health of my baby guinea pig. hicup!

Bobert how can you say the board are doing a reasonable job? We dont have enough of our own players to play a five a side match! season after season of relegation battles and if nothing major changes next season will be the same championship or league1. Fans of birmingham wolves ect wouldnt put up with it so why should we? The boards little norwich attitude seems to be catching! Good post canaries and i think you are correct there seems to be a small percentage of fans happy to accept staying in the championship as the limit of our ambition and the so called fans on the board come into that.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Norwich, is Delia''s baby Mello..............and you never sell your kids do you?[^o)]

Also bobert you say you dont need supporters like canaries at your club! what the hell makes it YOUR club more than canaries or mine or any other fans club? What we dont need at OUR club is supporters happy to back the board for continued failure