Sign in to follow this  
england1966

who replaces russell??

[quote user="Flying Pastie"]Is Adeyemi with a punt? I think Gunny is the type of manager who just might give him a try.
[/quote]

I''d be tempted with this too. Birmingham away may be a good game to give him a go. There''d be no real pressure because it''s not a game we are expected to get anything from. I''ve seen him twice this season and been well impressed. I guess only the coaching staff know if he''d be ready.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Largey"]

Hoolahan could well be out for the rest of the season, [/quote]

Are you the club doctor??

Lappin won''t play central midfield

Fozzy and Patty have been told they can clear off so they won''t bust a gut to help us

Guess we''ll move Gow back and play Cody or Jamie upfront.

[/quote]

God help us if Cureton starts up front, when you see intelligent players like Gow and Mooney it makes you realise just how poor Cureton is. I can''t remember us being caught offside much yesterday which is something of a regular occurence with Cureton on the pitch. I''d probably start with Carney on the left and drop Gow into the middle, put Cort up front with Mooney and replace Cort with Cody 20 mins from time. My feeling is that whoever we put in there the midfield will be lightweight, having said that I though Russell and Clingan were our worst players yesterday so it may not be a bad thing.

it makes me laugh when people say hoolahan is light weight, and then suggest playing lappin in center mid! hoolahan is not light weight he is quite a strong player certainly stronger then lappin. Also has gow ever played center mid? ive only thought he is a winger/striker?  i would go for patty to partner clingan

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

it makes me laugh when people say hoolahan is light weight, and then suggest playing lappin in center mid! hoolahan is not light weight he is quite a strong player certainly stronger then lappin. Also has gow ever played center mid? ive only thought he is a winger/striker?  i would go for patty to partner clingan

[/quote]

Gow is an attacking midfielder come striker, if Pattisons head was right I''d be inclined to agree with you but it seems he wants to get away so it may not be a good idea.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]However, Lappin has played centre midfield a few times for us and put in a good shift, so why not? Plus, depending on Hoolahans fitness, why risk him in an away game to Birmingham?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Largey"]

Hoolahan could well be out for the rest of the season, [/quote]

Are you the club doctor??

Lappin won''t play central midfield

Fozzy and Patty have been told they can clear off so they won''t bust a gut to help us

Guess we''ll move Gow back and play Cody or Jamie upfront.

[/quote]

Are you the team manager??

Im going by what Neil said on Radio Norfolk aftert the game, Hooly is on crutches and off to the hospital for an x-ray on suspected ankle ligament damage. He didnt think it looked too good, either.