Sign in to follow this  
england1966

who replaces russell??

I''d bring Carney in on the left and push Hoolahan next to Clingan

Or if Drury is back Bertrand would go into left

We need someone with enough strength to replace russell - not sure if hoolihan is the right one for the engine room - both patty and fozzy are not mentally up for it - so we have Lappin as the only natural option - not a great situation to be in at Birmingham

Personally I think Hooly is a bit too lightweight for CM, so i''d keep the same team and put patty in, but if his head isn''t in it then drop gow back and start cody for me.

What about if you played Hoolahan behind the front to (att mid)?

Or is Smith or Adeyemi ready to step up?

[quote user="Evil"]I can''t see any option other than dropping Gow into midfield and starting with Cody.[/quote]Seems the most sensible idea to me. Lappin can also do the shift at centre-mid.

Lappin for me without a doubt. He''s more than motivated enough, would fit in well at left centre midfield, and provides the quality we''ve been lacking for awhile now. I also think he''d be a more useful player in terms of a gritty player in the middle of the field than Russell, as he''s shown in his time as centre back in the reserves he''s not only willing to make a challenge and get stuck in, but far more calculated.Lappin would be the absolute perfect choice, and i will personally make my way to Carrow Road and drop a ton of bricks on Fotheringhams foot if he makes the side (i don''t intend to incite hatred or violence, but dare you threaten my beloved club you will suffer the consequences)....[:D]

[quote user="John"]Lappin for me without a doubt. He''s more than motivated enough, would fit in well at left centre midfield, and provides the quality we''ve been lacking for awhile now. I also think he''d be a more useful player in terms of a gritty player in the middle of the field than Russell, as he''s shown in his time as centre back in the reserves he''s not only willing to make a challenge and get stuck in, but far more calculated.

Lappin would be the absolute perfect choice, and i will personally make my way to Carrow Road and drop a ton of bricks on Fotheringhams foot if he makes the side (i don''t intend to incite hatred or violence, but dare you threaten my beloved club you will suffer the consequences)....[:D]
[/quote]

I''d prefer a player who is match fit, central midfield is a tough place to play 90 mins without first team fitness, it''s a difficult choice.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="John"]Lappin for me without a doubt. He''s more than motivated enough, would fit in well at left centre midfield, and provides the quality we''ve been lacking for awhile now. I also think he''d be a more useful player in terms of a gritty player in the middle of the field than Russell, as he''s shown in his time as centre back in the reserves he''s not only willing to make a challenge and get stuck in, but far more calculated.Lappin would be the absolute perfect choice, and i will personally make my way to Carrow Road and drop a ton of bricks on Fotheringhams foot if he makes the side (i don''t intend to incite hatred or violence, but dare you threaten my beloved club you will suffer the consequences)....[:D][/quote]

I''d prefer a player who is match fit, central midfield is a tough place to play 90 mins without first team fitness, it''s a difficult choice.

[/quote]True. Although i think Lappin did play in the reserves against Chelsea on Thursday (not 100% though). He''s not entirely match fit, but i could see him coming good for about 70 minutes, and then maybe having Pattison coming on for the final 20, or even Adeyemi (basically anyone who''s capable, and has the hunger to impress i.e. not Fotheringham).

Lappin has a lot of fans on here and i''d be interested to know why. none of us have seen him play for a long time and he was shocking before he was dropped. wouldn''t want to risk picking a player who has no match practice plus is very lightweight for this league

i also wouldn''t want Gow to move back, even tho i do like young McDonald. Gow has been amazing in the last two games up front with Mooney and i''d like them to keep the partnership going

maybe Leijer, or maybe (and can''t believe i''m saying this since i don''t like him at all) Fozzy. there just isn''t anyone else...

[quote user="Evil"]I can''t see any option other than dropping Gow into midfield and starting with Cody.[/quote]yeah, or if we want a bit more prescence up top, stick Cort in

Hard to see Pattison coming back into it and Fotheringham should be finished as a City player.

I think I''d be inclined to play Wes in the middle. And then maybe just get Gow to sit a bit deeper as well.

Hoolahan could well be out for the rest of the season, at least the Birmingham match, awaiting the extent of his injury.

I''d say Carney will go Left Mid, and either Fozzy or Patty will come in the centre. Dependant on Fozzys motivation atm, if he is wanting his place back, or not.

Otherwise, it may well be Mooney and Cort up front (strength) with Gow in the centre.

[quote user="england1966"]fozzy... pattison... lappin or leijer???[/quote]On today''s performances its back to that Bungay roundabout. He was awful again today.

For me it''s got to be Fatty Matty Patty. Hoolahoop is far too lightweight and although I think Lappin deserves his chance, it''s a bit harsh on him stepping into the engine room at St Andrews. Fozzy is just, well........

The pitch at St Andrews is a nightmare making any passing football pretty much impossible. Just get the Seth Efricen to mix it up a bit and stick his foot in.

[quote user="gissing canary"]Pattison - probably wont happen, but would be the one for me, but not in favour anymore.

[/quote]

Matty for me too but he has obviously blotted his copy book. I went to the away game at Plymouth and he was man of the match, never stopped running and gave his all - just like Russsell normally does.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[quote user="gissing canary"]Pattison - probably wont happen, but would be the one for me, but not in favour anymore.

[/quote]

Matty for me too but he has obviously blotted his copy book. I went to the away game at Plymouth and he was man of the match, never stopped running and gave his all - just like Russsell normally does.

[/quote]

I agree. Hooly is too lightweight and not defensively minded, Lappin is a wide player. Patty has a good engine, will threaten goal and likes a tackle.

[quote user="GJP"]

Hard to see Pattison coming back into it and Fotheringham should be finished as a City player.

I think I''d be inclined to play Wes in the middle. And then maybe just get Gow to sit a bit deeper as well.

[/quote]

But will he be fit?

I don''t see how you can say he was shocking before he was dropped.

If my memory serves me correct, his last game was the infamous Plymouth one and he was hardly the only one to have a stinker that day (indeed, he wasn''t our worst player that day).

His previous match was a MOM performance against Ipswich (I could be wrong, my memory is a bit shaky).

My first thought was ''Spillane'' but I''ve just remembered Mr Clueless shipped him off to Luton.

I can''t decide between Fatty or Lappin. Neither fill me with confidence considering we''re going to Birmingham next.

It will also be a 2 match ban for Russell as well, as you get an extra game for a second sending off.

Personally, I would go for Patty. Can''t rule out a new loanee arriving either!

theres no chance Wes will even board the bus for birmingham, any one eagle eyed may of spotted, just after the start of the 2nd half.. he appeared on crutches and with his foot in one of those plastic shoe things, heavily strapped, on the dug out to watch the game.

He wont be training till thursday/friday if at all this week i''d expect.

jas :)

Stranger things have happened in life. But I agree that Hoola won''t play, shame, he has been good.

I would still pump for Patty, he offersmore protection for the back 4 and if you remember his first lot of games for us, he sprayed some lovely passes around and has a good range of passing, shame he hasn''t produced enough since. Maybe with Crooks influence and Gunns man management style, he can produce.

[quote user="Largey"]

Hoolahan could well be out for the rest of the season, [/quote]

Are you the club doctor??

Lappin won''t play central midfield

Fozzy and Patty have been told they can clear off so they won''t bust a gut to help us

Guess we''ll move Gow back and play Cody or Jamie upfront.