Sign in to follow this  
stevencfc4eva

Scoreboard??

What was that all about the scoreboard today, evry time we had a corner it had come on you yellows and also brian gunns yellow and green army, i thought it was pointless and kind of embarrasing having lyrics to chants on the scoreboard lol

did anyone notice when one there players went down injured and the scoreboard appeared with a advert for injuries lol

and also the steward who looked amazingly like jerry springer lol JERRY JERRY JERRY!

lol i noticed that...think they were trying to get the fans singing...AS IF THEY NEED TO...brilliant again today  singing from start to finish...brilliant day  OTBC

We''ve started to do that?

I know they do it at Ipswich but surely we don''t need to...

[quote user="stevencfc4eva"]

What was that all about the scoreboard today, evry time we had a corner it had come on you yellows and also brian gunns yellow and green army, i thought it was pointless and kind of embarrasing having lyrics to chants on the scoreboard lol

did anyone notice when one there players went down injured and the scoreboard appeared with a advert for injuries lol

and also the steward who looked amazingly like jerry springer lol JERRY JERRY JERRY!

[/quote]Tell me about- its bad enough they have to start us off on OTBC at the start of games but now telling us the *wrong lyrics* to songs tsk tskFYI to the person who runs the score board its ''Bryan Gunns GREEN army'' not '' Bryan Gunns yellow and green army''

It''s not a new thing... It''s just been re-introduced.

Back in the early 90''s we used to get "Sing up the River end" or "Sing up the Barclay" on the scoreboard.

I don''t see the problem - seemed to get people singing around the whole ground which creates a better atmosphere in total and (potentially) lifts the players.

We need all the help we can get at the moment.

[quote user="Steve H"]

Back in the early 90''s we used to get "Sing up the River end" or "Sing up the Barclay" on the scoreboard.

[/quote]must have gone down a storm!!!

[quote user="Metatron"]I don''t see the problem - seemed to get people singing around the whole ground which creates a better atmosphere in total and (potentially) lifts the players. We need all the help we can get at the moment.[/quote]

Yeah I agree. From where I was sitting I could see the Jarrold and Norwich and Peterborough singing and clapping, and this is usually a rarity so I''m sure that this actually helped them.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

[quote user="Metatron"]I don''t see the problem - seemed to get people singing around the whole ground which creates a better atmosphere in total and (potentially) lifts the players. We need all the help we can get at the moment.[/quote]

Yeah I agree. From where I was sitting I could see the Jarrold and Norwich and Peterborough singing and clapping, and this is usually a rarity so I''m sure that this actually helped them.

[/quote]i was sitting right near the away fans with the missus and my little lad we and the group of lads behind didnt stop singing all game...brilliant..my throat hurts like mad..having some beers to cool the pain[Y] OTBC

I thought it got the crowd going.

How fun would it be if you had control over it though....what would ya write??!!

[quote user="Largey"]

How fun would it be if you had control over it though....what would ya write??!!

[/quote]

I was talking to this about my mate, Ipswich Home always **** on the old blue and white [:)]

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

didn''t the club receive a fine after the United 2 Scum 0 incident?

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

"im getting paid to watch this crap"

jas :)

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Steve H"]

[/quote]

must have gone down a storm!!!
[/quote]

I don''t think they noticed... The poor old boys can''t see that far .

People got confused when I started singing " 78:45 Norwich 1 Plymouth 0 Carling. They should tell us when on the board we should sing.

I think they should give us the full-time scores through the medium of song. If we''re going to start singing what they put on the scoreboard we may as well do it properly.

I don''t think that people really took that much notice of the words being put up, the crowd today was pretty good anyway though

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]yep - didn''t like the 1984 ''big brother'' scoreboard - flashing up messages for the party faithful...wot next???delia with a loudhailer...lets be avin you barclay!!!
[/quote]

Maybe she could do it drunk at half-time?

Oh hang on.....

The chants  on the score board were following whatever the crowd were singing, they didnt come first. Come on you Yellows, Kick it Off etc went  on the board but as soon as The Referees a W..nker was being chanted the words on the score board didnt seem to follow for some reason!

Actually it is supposed to be "xxxx yellow and green army".......

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="stevencfc4eva"]

[/quote]Tell me about- its bad enough they have to start us off on OTBC at the start of games but now telling us the *wrong lyrics* to songs tsk tskFYI to the person who runs the score board its ''Bryan Gunns GREEN army'' not '' Bryan Gunns yellow and green army''[/quote]

[quote user="stevencfc4eva"]

[/quote]They did the same thing against Coventry, it''s clearly intentional. [;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

"im getting paid to watch this crap"

jas :)

[/quote]Would be a good way to get some money I guess. People can text in and get their messages displayed - like V festival!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

didn''t the club receive a fine after the United 2 Scum 0 incident?

[/quote]

I dunno about a fine but the person who was in charge if the scoreboard got sacked after that incident...

I felt embarrassed by this.. All visiting clubs must of thought we needed a scoreboard to get us singing especially when it came up and we were trying to sing but it just sounded like muffling. Yeah I love it when hoolahoop got injured and the advert came up rofl, that''s happened before. :D

Agree entriely with the above two posts. Its utterly embarrassing and makes us look tinpot. We don''t need it and whoever decided it was a good idea clearly has no idea whatsoever about football supporters and how they think. If anything it detracted from the atmosphere as I and many around me refused to sing whatever they flashed up there in case they thought we were following their lead. For gods sake we are not american and are quite capable of creating our own atmosphere!